LEGO VIP Program Feedback

Black Six

There's currently a discussion going on in the LEGO Ambassador Network, and we're looking to get input from some people within each of our LUGs. If you're interested in giving some feedback to LEGO about the VIP program, feel free to answer the following questions:

1) Please describe how you joined the VIP program and how you make use of the it today.

2) Please identify the key benefits the LEGO VIP program provides for teen and adult LEGO users such as yourself

3) How does the VIP program influence your LEGO experiences, such as the LEGO sets and themes you are interested in?

4) Please brainstorm ideas related to additional experiences teen and adult LEGO VIP members would like access to

5) Please look into how teen and adult VIP members would want to be treated as a VIP when they come to the LEGO store, call the contact center and otherwise get into contact with the LEGO Group

Your feedback is appreciated and will be combined with many others to hopefully help improve the LEGO VIP program!

1. I joined when I was asked if I wanted to join it when I was buying some sets at my closest Lego Store. Since then, I really haven't made that much use of it because I haven't build up enough points to do anything with them yet. :P This is mainly because my closest Lego Store is somewhat of a distance from where I live, and I normally don't buy stuff online unless I have to.

2. The discounts you get from being a member are cool. Also, getting access to some sets before the general public is neat as well IMO.

3. Since I usually only buy Bionicle sets and the occasional Star Wars set, I would say that the VIP program really doesn't influence my interest in any Lego sets or themes. 

4. I don't sure, to be honest. One think I thought of would be having certain sets give out more points than under the regular circumstances, if that could be possible. Maybe ones over a certain price point, or just certain individual sets? Either way, I guess this could be a cool perk for the VIP Member.

5. I'm not exactly sure how other members would want to treated. But as me, I would just want to be treated as any other customer would be whenever I entered a Lego Store or got into contact with the Lego Group. As long as they were helpful and polite, I wouldn't see a need for me to be treated as anyone other than a normal customer. But that's just my opinion on the subject.

I hope my answers help you out. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

1) Please describe how you joined the VIP program and how you make use of the it today.

During this year's May the 4th event, I ordered a set I had been eyeing a few days earlier. When I saw that I would also get double VIP points, that was enough to convince me to sign up.

2) Please identify the key benefits the LEGO VIP program provides for teen and adult LEGO users such as yourself

I haven't had a real chance to use it yet, but from what I understand the program is very generous and is great for regular and hardcore Lego fans.

3) How does the VIP program influence your LEGO experiences, such as the LEGO sets and themes you are interested in?

My plan is, once the summer 2016 Bionicle sets are available on Shop@Home, I'll use my VIP points to help me purchase them. I'd say the program definitely helps encourage you to buy more Lego, since it's almost like getting free sets.

4) Please brainstorm ideas related to additional experiences teen and adult LEGO VIP members would like access to

I personally wouldn't mind getting some sort of label next to my account name, or maybe pins for those who like to flaunt their love of Lego everywhere. Perhaps these labels/pins could correspond to how much you've spent on Lego sets? (Ex: Purchasing up to 100 sets or $1,000 worth of Lego from Shop@Home or Lego stores will grant you the title of "Lego Maniac", with a pin to prove it.)

5) Please look into how teen and adult VIP members would want to be treated as a VIP when they come to the LEGO store, call the contact center and otherwise get into contact with the LEGO Group

I personally have never been to a Lego store or called Lego before, which shows how quality their products are. That said, I would expect them to treat me as any other customer, nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by Zippo

why is this happening

I joined in January 2016 when I realized how often I was purchasing Lego products. I have rarely made use of it recently because I have been buying Lego from other retail stores, and the closest Lego brand store is a state away.

I have not used the benefits yet, but I hear from friends that I could get discounts later as soon as I get enough points. You also get a VIP card with your name on it, like the company acknowledges that you are a valued customer. I like experiences like this; it helps me realize when a company cares or not, and Lego clearly cares about its customers.

I love it when my favorite themes are marked at double VIP points! I try to use the card whenever I can, and it feels rewarding when I do.

4) Please brainstorm ideas related to additional experiences teen and adult LEGO VIP members would like access to.

I would like to be able to use the card at other stores such as Toys-R-Us and Target, but I am not sure if that can be made possible. Perhaps more points could be denoted for each set, even if the points in place currently are rounded up to the next whole number. For example, a $24.99 set has a point value of 24, but could be 25 to more accurately represent the price of the set.

I think VIP members should be treated just like normal customers are, and I do not see any reason to give VIP members any special treatment other than early access to direct to consumer sets.

I'm just gonna go ahead and copy/paste my answers from Eurobricks:

Technically my family all shares my dad's VIP account, but since he's not really active in any online communities I suppose I'll answer here.

1) I think my dad joined the VIP program soon after it started. After all, it was free, and we already tended to order a lot from Lego.

2) The main VIP benefits we take advantage of are the VIP points that can be redeemed for discounts, ESPECIALLY during double points periods. Often when making a purchase at a store the employee at the register has remarked about the ridiculous number of points on our card, since we don't always remember to make purchases when it's NOT a double points period! Since I became a member of BioniLUG, I have also used my LUG sticker on dad's card so that we can get discounts on the AFOL discount days. We don't often take advantage of early VIP releases, since it's usually more economical to wait for double points or a similar discount.

3) The main way the VIP program influences my Lego experience and buying habits is that it convinces me to do more of my purchases during double-points periods, instead of buying as many sets from other retailers throughout the rest of the year. In particular, I try to consolidate purchases of large or expensive themes that I enjoy like Ninjago, Elves, and Nexo Knights during double points periods. Cheaper sets like most Bionicle sets or collectible minifigures are some of the only ones I tend to buy at other times or through other channels.

4) I'm pretty happy with the VIP program as it is, but as for other things they could do with it... I dunno. I guess it could be neat if there were more exclusive or semi-exclusive items for VIP members. For example, it would be neat if there were opportunities for VIP members to get a chance at some of the convention-exclusive items like minifigures or Bionicle masks that are otherwise only available for attendees of specific pop-culture events.

5) In general, I've found that Lego's customer service both at physical stores and online is excellent whether you're in the VIP program or not. So I don't really have any suggestions there.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother