Set Review: 6201 Toxic Reapa

Wait, the head connects via an axle stub?Yes!

...As do all the 2012 helmets. Is this still a surprise to some people?Anyway, good review. I think the reviewer could stand to use better lighting, since some of the pics were hard to make out especially from the preview thumbnails. But the review went into a lot of depth and covered everything I think is relevant.

Whoa... I just bought this set about an hour ago... Along with the new rocka.Oh the irony! :P~PowerMiner~

Wait, from the Toys R Us website, or did you find him in a store?Anyway, now I want Reapa even more. He's been one of my favorites since the very first pictures, and he still stands out with his unique design and that awesome face, which is so full of character I feel like I could have a conversation with it. Which would probably end in tears, because the character in question is apparently not a very friendly one.

p

Thanks for the review! Toxic Reapa is officially my favorite villain this year. I love the black-and-lime color scheme, and his torso build is amazing, and his face looks great.... He's like Corroder's little brother! I will definitely pick him up.That combiner looks awesome! I'm surprised. Maybe it's worth getting more than one set just to build the combiners.

Woah! 6 trans lime pieces? I want him now. Heck, I might save up and get a couple (It might be nice to have a stash of MOCing parts). Evo looks neat too. I can't wait for the next reviews.This is one of my favorite parts of the BIONICLE fanbase. Cool people talking about BIONICLE. It is Hero Factory, but hey, it's by a BIONICLE fan with BIONICLE references. Informative intertaining review. Well done.

If BIONICLE ever comes back, I hope this is what it will look like. For whatever reason this set actually looks cool to me (I think it's the Bohrok posture thing). It's almost catching up to some BIONICLE sets. I do think that HF took at least a step backward in terms of overall design and especially build complexity, but at least this is improving the former somewhat.New packaging is disappointing. I doubt I'll actually buy this set, as neat as it may be. I more or less lost interest in LEGO after they canceled BIONICLE, and I have better things to do with my money.

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

Are they saving money by making the sets bags instead of canisters? Or is this just some sort of special edition set?Or both?

They are saving money. All sets but Black Phantom have that packaging in the next wave. If you ask me, I really like the new packaging.Toxic Reapa was my favourite villain since the beginning, and he still is. Thanks for the review, Bfa! :) Lime green is already great, but trans neon green is even better. The sets are coming out on the 20th at the latest in Germany (possibly next week already), so I can´t wait to pick up Toxic Reapa and Evo! :rolleyes:~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Great review. Makes me want these sets even more.When the CGI pics came out, I was a little iffy, but after this, my love for Reapa has returned. I especially love his design with his giant upper half and rather skinny legs.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Hero Factory?! Already available!? Best christmas present ever. :DThat Evo-Reapa model is pretty nice lookin' also.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Are they saving money by making the sets bags instead of canisters? Or is this just some sort of special edition set?Or both?

Saving money is one factor, but I've read a lot of comments by BIONICLE fans who don't know what to do with the canisters. They don't want to throw them away, but don't have space for them and can't recycle them in their local area. These new bags should conserve space, since they can be collapsed down flat if there's nothing inside. (Correct?)The sets aren't special edition in anyway. The five small sets for the first wave of 2012 and the four medium-sized sets all have this type of packaging, and from the looks of things it's going to be replacing canisters if it goes over well with fans. I've certainly been won over. It looks like this new packaging has most of the assets of the canisters (reusable storage, beautiful graphics, stands out on store shelves) without their major flaw (canisters take up lots of space).

hmmm, i dont suppose you can make neat little temples of forts by stacking these new bags? any ways i think the bags are an interesting new choice for lego despite looking like a cross between a ziplock bag and a caprisun pouch. (i just can't get over that) :???:

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

These new bags should conserve space, since they can be collapsed down flat if there's nothing inside. (Correct?)

Yeah, they go pretty much flat (even with the instructions and maybe a spare part or two) inside. Very handy for storing them.

Cool set, but will you review Rocka and Black Phantom?

Not me personally, but there will probably be reviews of them eventually.

OpAXNpl.jpg

This is an $8 set, right? Because it seems about the right size, and lacking for the $12 villians we've gotten up untill now.

Yeah, it is, for this wave they decided to have Heroes and Villians of both sizes.Anyway, great review! i wasn't really excited for reapa more than the others, but now I might just make him a priority after I get my first few sets(Which I've pretty much already decided)~ELM~
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

I already loved this set. Now I adore him. Love the tranparent green 1x1s.Slightly O.T., but does anyone know when the sets will come out in the US?

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I already loved this set. Now I adore him. Love the tranparent green 1x1s.Slightly O.T., but does anyone know when the sets will come out in the US?

On the Toys 'R' Us website many of the sets are either said to be in stores or available for purchase online. So I'd recommend checking Toys 'R' Us if you're willing to pay the ridiculous prices they tend to charge.Other stores shouldn't be too much longer before they start stocking the new sets, I hope.