HF RPG 2.5: Discussion

Voltex

Killjoy. Anyway, my previous approval still stands. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Devo Whipcrack, as Rylinth has mentioned, will depend entirely on how he's played. The issue I have is mainly the whip, purely because something that can one-hit defeat an enemy isn't really fair. That said, stunning isn't really defeating, more like shocking or throwing someone off guard, so... It's borderline. Also whips are tricky to use and he wouldn't be able to rapid-fire like one could with a gun- if he misses, he'd have to draw back and flick it again. I do have to ask though: so, he's presumably organic, since he has a disease (I mean robots can have em too, but usually you say something robot-like in that context because this is the robot science fiction future)- are his strength and reflexes affected by that? Or his stamina, since his breathing/airways are affected? And, is it contagious? The last three questions are purely out of interest, not connected to his approval. Approved (3/3), but be careful with how you play him!

​Yeah, Whipcrack's organic but wears a lot of armour. Both that and his disease affect his stamina, although his affliction does not "appear" to be contagious. Only extremely close contact could pass it on.

Also, is it too late for Whipcrack to go to the wrestling match?

:k: :m_o: :v: :s: :m_o: :r: :r:

BZRPG Characters: The Collector of Masks and Zavesh

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Disco, Phobia, MaharaRomulus and Remus

Hero Factory RPG 2.5 Characters: Whipcrack and Charles Erudite

///////

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

Right I'm just going to post this insane concept for a char and then we can figure out if and how to adjust this to fit in the RPG while keeping to the core concept.

Name: Flynn Flames

Character Type: Hero

Abilities/Equipment: Flynn has the ability to raise his body temperature and wreath his fists in flames, allowing him to hit his foes with fire. He cannot normally reach the temperatures needed to do real damage against anyone with decent protection though.

Flynn possesses a plasma launcher that draws power from his body to fire plasma bolts. It has a slow rate of fire and its effectiveness is proportional to his temperature.

Flynn is built for strength and heat resistance.

Unknown to hero factory if Flynn overheats, bad things can happen.

Appearance: Link

Bio: Flynn Flames is a new hero built after the attack on Hero Factory, he is eager to help and hot blooded but inexperienced. Built for combat he is a trial run hero for technologies found in the ruins of an ancient civilization on a sunless world. He will always strive to do the right thing.

Name: ???

Character Type: Villain

Abilities/Equipment: It generates a bright energy field that emits huge amounts of heat, light, radiowave and microwave radiation, like a living star. This utterly wrecks Flynns feed to Zib and interferes with all nearby signals and temperature sensitive or radio based equipment. Because of this heat its mere proximity can be dangerous to anyone unprotected. 

It can float at a maximum speed comparable to a slow hero’s run. It cannot float more than a few feet off the ground though.

Its large size gives it good strength but its intense heat has rendered it armour softer than that of normal heroes. Its powers do effectively render it immune to heat.

The energy field can be disrupted by focused fire from energy weapons, this can cause it to burst and damage the entity, defeating it. Sonic and bullet based weapons are also effective for bypassing it's defenses. Gunpoweder based explosives may go off prematurely though.

Defeating it revert's it to a badly weakened Flynn, Flynn can recover when his temperature drops.

Appearance: Link

Bio:  The entity that emerges when Flynn overheats. It manifests from Flynn’s body. Silent enigmatic and eldritch, its burning presence makes it a threat to everyone around it hero or villain. When awakened it tends to deal with any immediate threats before focusing on heating up the environment to scorching temperatures.

Edit: Added villain classification, added ways to hit it and described how it's heat interacts with some weapons. Will add specs on radius when I think of em.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

@The Invisible Noob: Believe it or not, we've actually had at least one other fire-shooting Hero before (who wasn't Furno). But that's not to say your concept is unoriginal or a carbon copy; it's actually quite nice! The concept of the alternate profile is pretty cool, but type-wise, I'd classify it as a villain, technically. However, sadly, there is an overpowered issue- see, he's hot enough that it seems like any projectile weapon or energy weapon wouldn't do much if anything, and you can't really face it in melee combat either because of the intense heat. That makes it almost undefeatable to most characters. If energy weapons did something (I'll admit I'm not exactly certain what'd happen to space lasers and the like under extreme heat) I think that might be better? Basically, there needs to be a method to defeating him. But, I commend you because for a giant eldritch ball of fire, it's actually pretty reasonable, all things considered. Softened armour to make attacks hit easier, slow movement added to that to counter any instakill issues (one of the other fire Heroes in the old topic originally had an issue of being literally able to vaporise everyone in the room with heat, which as you can imagine was a problem)... Pretty dang reasonable if there's a way to hit it.

Also if it's hot enough to soften heat-resistant armour, I'd hate to think what it was doing to Flames' insides. But that's not really an OP problem, and I'm guessing Flames' friend has some kind of otherworldly ability to not destroy its own vessel.

I am a big, big fan of eldritch horror (or any horror, really) and I love the concept you have here. I'm keen to approve it. Just give a reasonable way for it to be hit, and maybe a radius for its heat, and you should be fine I think. By "reasonable way to be hit", I mean give it a weakness that is reasonably accessible by a good amount of characters. So, in the case of this guy, don't make its weakness punching because obviously no one's going to be able to reach the fiery orb of death to punch it. Water would vaporise before touching it, most likely, so maybe not that either. Energy weapons would probably be a good one, but feel free to suggest others if you don't like that one. Oh, and by "radius for its heat", I mean as in how far away would a non-protected character have to stand to not be in danger. Also, it sounds like it can increase its temperature? Do you have a vague rate on that and/or a rate on how fast the radius would expand due to it?

(I assume that by "protection" you mean heat resistance and not plain armour)

(Also before I realised the above point I was coincidentally writing out a thing about how Flames was pretty underpowered if he can't hurt people with armour on, and I hadn't realised ??? was technically part of Flames' profile since I was reading and remarking on them one at a time)

EDIT: Also forgot to mention at the end but also could you change ???'s profile type to "villain"? We try and keep it to three main groups that cover everything so we don't end up with a billion types to try and sort through. Basically, Hero is a Hero model currently under the Hero Factory's employ, Villain is a character that breaks the law (hurting people and trying to heat up the universe would fall under that), and Civilian is everything else.

~

(I'm putting a divider because that got long)

@The Collector of masks: if Whipcrack's organic, that would also presumably mean he could only pass his disease on to other organics, and if close contact was required then his armour should deal with that by granting some space between him and his opponent. And, presumably, if he's coughing all over the place then other organics would at least get the hint to try not to go near him, so fair enough. I was concerned we'd get some kind of epidemic on our hands from this guy. I mean, having the ending to HF RPG be "everyone stayed home sick" would be incredible, don't get me wrong, but incurable illnesses can be a bummer.

From a purely scientific point of view, it's pretty interesting that it would be spread only through close contact. A lot of diseases that cause coughing use that as one of its means to spread, since then a sick person is basically ejecting a whole bunch of disease-causing particles into the air for other people to breathe in. Not all of them, of course, but it's a pretty neat fact.

Finally, it is never too late to go to the wrestling match. Or, I guess it'd be too late after the match, but I still need to write out the second part as well as make up a vague idea of what Thumper's opponent will look like, so your character can absolutely go to the match and you have plenty of time. And there'll no doubt be more to come. Since your character's a villain, there's a chance he may even star in an impromptu match if he ever faces Thumper while she's on duty. It is a big risk that every villain in this RPG signs on for.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

@The Invisible Noob: Okay, I've got to admit, when you said you had some crazy ideas, I was bracing myself for the worst. But this is definitely one of the most creative character concepts I've seen in a while, and I'm not really seeing any glaring issues with it.

Thus, Flynn Flames and ??? both Approved x1. 

This won't effect the approval, but I was curious about something. I'm assuming this entity exists due to the ancient technology you mentioned was integrated into Flynn, so does Mission Control know about ???, or is it's first appearance going to be a big surprise for everyone? 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

@The Invisible Noob: Believe it or not, we've actually had at least one other fire-shooting Hero before (who wasn't Furno). But that's not to say your concept is unoriginal or a carbon copy; it's actually quite nice! The concept of the alternate profile is pretty cool, but type-wise, I'd classify it as a villain, technically. However, sadly, there is an overpowered issue- see, he's hot enough that it seems like any projectile weapon or energy weapon wouldn't do much if anything, and you can't really face it in melee combat either because of the intense heat. That makes it almost undefeatable to most characters. If energy weapons did something (I'll admit I'm not exactly certain what'd happen to space lasers and the like under extreme heat) I think that might be better? Basically, there needs to be a method to defeating him. But, I commend you because for a giant eldritch ball of fire, it's actually pretty reasonable, all things considered. Softened armour to make attacks hit easier, slow movement added to that to counter any instakill issues (one of the other fire Heroes in the old topic originally had an issue of being literally able to vaporise everyone in the room with heat, which as you can imagine was a problem)... Pretty dang reasonable if there's a way to hit it.

Also if it's hot enough to soften heat-resistant armour, I'd hate to think what it was doing to Flames' insides. But that's not really an OP problem, and I'm guessing Flames' friend has some kind of otherworldly ability to not destroy its own vessel.

I am a big, big fan of eldritch horror (or any horror, really) and I love the concept you have here. I'm keen to approve it. Just give a reasonable way for it to be hit, and maybe a radius for its heat, and you should be fine I think. By "reasonable way to be hit", I mean give it a weakness that is reasonably accessible by a good amount of characters. So, in the case of this guy, don't make its weakness punching because obviously no one's going to be able to reach the fiery orb of death to punch it. Water would vaporise before touching it, most likely, so maybe not that either. Energy weapons would probably be a good one, but feel free to suggest others if you don't like that one. Oh, and by "radius for its heat", I mean as in how far away would a non-protected character have to stand to not be in danger. Also, it sounds like it can increase its temperature? Do you have a vague rate on that and/or a rate on how fast the radius would expand due to it?

(I assume that by "protection" you mean heat resistance and not plain armour)

(Also before I realised the above point I was coincidentally writing out a thing about how Flames was pretty underpowered if he can't hurt people with armour on, and I hadn't realised ??? was technically part of Flames' profile since I was reading and remarking on them one at a time)

EDIT: Also forgot to mention at the end but also could you change ???'s profile type to "villain"? We try and keep it to three main groups that cover everything so we don't end up with a billion types to try and sort through. Basically, Hero is a Hero model currently under the Hero Factory's employ, Villain is a character that breaks the law (hurting people and trying to heat up the universe would fall under that), and Civilian is everything else.

Lotta good points here. Energy weapons dealing most of their damage through heat kinda skipped my mind but I'll take a moment to think of a good way for heroes to get hits on him beyond physical ammo weapons. I'll also try thinking of a radius and how fast the temp increases.

As for Flynn ... yeah he does not have a good time when he wakes up. Maybe I should mention ??? giving him some form of protection though. Or just ramp up Flynns heat protection.

Yeah I wanted to keep things ambiguous but villain probably simplifies things here.

@The Invisible Noob: Okay, I've got to admit, when you said you had some crazy ideas, I was bracing myself for the worst. But this is definitely one of the most creative character concepts I've seen in a while, and I'm not really seeing any glaring issues with it.

Thus, Flynn Flames and ??? both Approved x1. 

This won't effect the approval, but I was curious about something. I'm assuming this entity exists due to the ancient technology you mentioned was integrated into Flynn, so does Mission Control know about ???, or is it's first appearance going to be a big surprise for everyone? 

They don't know yet, as far as HF knows the technology in question is just a really efficient blackbox heating element that responds well to robot's with Hero Cores.

I should also mention that I did get part of the idea for these two from Champion of Kaon in a MoC topic I did for Flynn and ???. 

I'll approve Michael Barrier with his new gun, though I'm sad he didn't stay with the gentle poke gun. Approved (3/3) (Rylinth, I had my approval for the plain ol' shotgun, but meh we're all approving so it doesn't matter all that much)

As for Flynn Flames, I was at first wondering if bullets would melt before they hit but someone pointed out to me they'd be travelling too fast for that, odds are. I'm gonna make an educated guess and say the radius of heat isn't going to be anything like "people standing within 10 metres are instantly turned to ash" or whatever. Oh, and the radius doesn't need to be exact, by the way! I'm guessing you won't need to think of one for a little while. Feel free to give Flames better heat protection or grant him non-Euclidean protections to his circuitry during his metamorphosis. Either way it sounds fine.

Flames and BFF approved (3/3). I'm picturing that the fire friend's name is literally "???" and is pronounced as a really exaggerated sound of confusion.

Oh, and thank you for changing the profile type! I understand wanting to keep it ambiguous, but it's just easier to keep everything in three categories. Also now, you can almost picture it as Hero Factory having the fire friend on record as a villain but not knowing they're connected to Flames. The Heroes just chase the fire friend into the next room, shooting them with lasers and such, but when they get there the fire friend is gone, replaced with Flames who is glowing white hot and slumped to the floor. Maybe they just assume the fire friend is some random villain who really likes harassing Flames, or Flames keeps popping up in the wrong place at the wrong time and runs into the fire friend a lot. The Hero Factory speaks often with Flames' rivalry with this fire friend.

Actually, that brings me to something I've been wondering about: does Flames know that he has a friend in him? Or does he just wake up in a parking lot somewhere covered in fire damage and laser/bullet fire and assume that's his life now?

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

I'll approve Michael Barrier with his new gun, though I'm sad he didn't stay with the gentle poke gun. Approved (3/3) (Rylinth, I had my approval for the plain ol' shotgun, but meh we're all approving so it doesn't matter all that much)

As for Flynn Flames, I was at first wondering if bullets would melt before they hit but someone pointed out to me they'd be travelling too fast for that, odds are. I'm gonna make an educated guess and say the radius of heat isn't going to be anything like "people standing within 10 metres are instantly turned to ash" or whatever. Oh, and the radius doesn't need to be exact, by the way! I'm guessing you won't need to think of one for a little while. Feel free to give Flames better heat protection or grant him non-Euclidean protections to his circuitry during his metamorphosis. Either way it sounds fine.

Flames and BFF approved (3/3). I'm picturing that the fire friend's name is literally "???" and is pronounced as a really exaggerated sound of confusion.

Oh, and thank you for changing the profile type! I understand wanting to keep it ambiguous, but it's just easier to keep everything in three categories. Also now, you can almost picture it as Hero Factory having the fire friend on record as a villain but not knowing they're connected to Flames. The Heroes just chase the fire friend into the next room, shooting them with lasers and such, but when they get there the fire friend is gone, replaced with Flames who is glowing white hot and slumped to the floor. Maybe they just assume the fire friend is some random villain who really likes harassing Flames, or Flames keeps popping up in the wrong place at the wrong time and runs into the fire friend a lot. The Hero Factory speaks often with Flames' rivalry with this fire friend.

Actually, that brings me to something I've been wondering about: does Flames know that he has a friend in him? Or does he just wake up in a parking lot somewhere covered in fire damage and laser/bullet fire and assume that's his life now?

Thanks for the approvals! No one knows about his friend yet, and they might not for a while since I only unveiled mr friend now because I don't want to put up with character approval midway through a fight. Now will things go how you envisioned it? That depends on how the heroes react when Flame's friend first awakens. If they don't connect the dots things will prolly go down the waking up in a parking lot route.

I imagine he's like the hulk but on fire all the time.

Ah great now he can be compared to red hulk. 

Now is 20m a good maximum radius for when his heat get's damaging (under normal conditions)? I don't think there will be an actual instant death radius for anything not organic. I am also going to put my initial guess at 30 seconds to reach maximum range from the moment Flames overheats. For the record these numbers are purely arbitrary but do serve as a way for people to get out of range while allowing them close enough to easily shoot at him.

Aw shoot, The Invisible Noob. If you wanted to have a secret profile, you could have PMed it to one of the GMs! We do allow secret profiles, so long as the GMs approve them first and there's a reason for it- it's obviously a case by case scenario, but if it's for a grand reveal- like yours- or, as an another example, the setup for a joke- like I did once- then it's usually fine. I mean, in your case you'd probably have to reveal the profile once the fire friend appeared, since giving people warning about their powers is only fair, but it's allowed and doable.

Okay, so he's aware of his friend, since it's a Hulk scenario? The MOC looks like Flames is hanging out the bottom of the guy (I could be wrong) so now I'm just picturing him with his arms crossed and looking fed up with everything through the fire friend's rampage. He half-heartedly waves to Heroes he's friends with while it's all happening.

As for the numbers, I'm not entirely sure. I reckon Nato'd be able to give you a better idea of whether it's fine or not. It seems like a huge radius, though. I'm guessing that it's an increasing heat, where it's not lethal at the 20 metre mark but if you're close enough to touch it things get really deadly really fast? And maximum range would be that 20 metres, yeah? If so, that sounds pretty okay with the heat gradient deal, but I'll wait for Nato to weigh in.

I hope you guys realise I just google these things, right? You could very easily do it yourself, Zippy, instead of waiting for me to do it for you all of the time. :P In fact, I don't even see a need to do it this time. 

Even with the 30 second warm up, 20 metres does seem like a bit much to me. Only because (if the past iteration of the game is anything to go by) a fair amount of the action in this game is likely to take place in more enclosed areas - inside buildings, alleyways, spaceships, etc. If the entity is damaging to mechanical beings at 20 metres, and the fight is taking place in a confined space, then other player's characters could be forced too far back to actually accomplish anything, or worse, find themselves stuck and wind up being unintentionally burned to death. 

Fair point, I remember someone earlier going on about how exact numbers seem to cause problems. Now I think of it his own general height may be a better radius of effect.

I'm okay with spilling the beans on mr mysterious though, people may know it exists and what he can do, but anything beyond that is still an unknown. Plenty of mystery to still reveal.

I mean, I did see your MOC topic, so I at least would've known of him. Although seeing as I am one of the GMs, I would've been made aware of him anyway, so it doesn't really matter... Hmmm, lots of redundancy in this post.

And there's that. There would have been a good chance of you asking about his alt mode somewhere along the line.

And now for a profile that's long, long overdue:

Name: Marrow

Abilities/Equipment: An evolved version of its parent, this incarnation of Marrow is slightly stronger and faster and has become marginally more intelligent, although it is still largely a creature of instinct. Other than that, it has all the abilities of the original Marrow (enhanced jump and climb, metal and Quaza eating, super smell, stealthy movement). It has also evolved to be able to survive off of some organic food, such as raw meat, although it still has a permanent craving for Quaza. Marrow also has the ability to lay a creepy bio-mechanical egg once in its lifetime that will contain its next form, but can only do this after absorbing a very large amount of energy.

Appearance: This Marrow is smaller than its predecessor due to not being entirely full-grown yet, but already looks just as scary. Bone struts jut out awkwardly from the arms; ragged, oily feathers stick out from between lopsided steel plates grafted to the black flesh underneath; metal spikes and blades cover the body from head to toe; and the same glowing red eyes stare out from the misshapen skull. Marrow always stands or moves in a crouch and always looks hungry.

Which is probably because it always is.

Marrowling1.JPG

As usual, more pictures at LEGO.com and Flickr, including a bonus one of Marrow eating Drift!

Bio: After the original Marrow (whose origins still remain shrouded in mystery) was defeated, Hero Factory closed the case on the creature. Unbeknownst to them however, Marrow lived on. Before its demise, it had lain a creepy bio-mechanical egg that had sat dormant until Marrow died, when it hatched, birthing a new incarnation of the terrifying monster. This new Marrow now lives in the care of Hero Factory's resident DUCK OVERLORD. No Heroes have seen it as of yet as it only moves about at night when no one is near and never strays far from the network of tunnels and ponds it has made its home.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

This new Marrow now lives in the care of Hero Factory's resident DUCK OVERLORD. 

Creepy bio-mechanical Marrowling not Approved x1. This alliance is too powerful!

Also, that MOC is genuinely terrifying. 

• Upvote 1

Sorry, Nato! I didn't mean for you to fact-check. I meant that I'm pretty bad at visualising distances and I wasn't sure if 20m was too big of an area. Thank you for the post, though!

I might be too excited about the duckling to make a proper judgement, but I can't see anything wrong. Approved (2/3). Please tell me it has duck mannerisms it has picked up from its mother.

The duck is getting too powerful. She cannot be stopped by any earthly means.

• Upvote 2

As long as she and her new friend don't go encroaching on Crowley's territory... 

I apologize if I missed any Echo or Insurgent responses to Core, but if I did not, a response from either would be great :P

IC: Insurgent

Interesting....even the cop bots have disarray among their ranks....

"I don't exactly agree with the Hero Factory in the way they...deal...with things."

He looked at Justicia.

"But I hear that's not exactly an unheard-of opinion, nowadays."

Let's try this again. I nerfed Sapphire's speed to reasonable levels, removed direct expy references from Var's profile, nerfed her lightning into almost non-existence, and fixed the ship specs to actually make sense. If there's anything more you want me to change, let me know.

Name: Sapphire, a.k.a. The Blue Speedster
Abilities/Equipment: Sapphire is a speedster, and she can move at incredible speeds on the ground. Her speed is about two to three times the maximum of the standard hero. She also has small retractable wings which she can use to slow her down when falling. She has average attributes otherwise, and relatively weak armour.
Appearance:
EIPz0Him.png
Bio: Sapphire has recently risen to notoriety as a speeding criminal who breaks all manners of laws regarding public safety, along with causing severe damage to public property in her thrill-seeking runs through cities. She's also taken to barging in on sports events to illegally compete against the athletes there.

She is extremely competitive, and considers herself to be the best. Anyone that turns out to be better than her upsets her, and she will go to great lengths to ensure that she once more stands on the top as the best. She feels that no one should be able to beat her. Ever.

---

*snip*

Edited by Toa Onaku

I'm still a bit iffy about the fact that Var is apparently strong, fast and durable enough to take on a heavily armoured robot in single combat, and then has a suit of armour that provides her with an even further advantage. Add the ridiculous acrobatics to the mix, and it really seems like you're trying to create an organic character who has absolutely none of the weaknesses or disadvantages one would normally associate with an organic character. 

I feel like she has enough of an edge as is with all of her other powers, without her having to be inexplicably strong/fast/etc. enough to curbstomp a hero in a physical fight. 

I'd like to know the specs on Var's sword.  Night Stalker, my heavy armored tank villain, fought a hero with a laser sword and said sword sliced through his armor like a hot knife through butter.  While I understand lightsabers are able to cut through most things with extreme ease they're very OP and won't end well.  I just want to clarify that this lightsaber goes through metal like how Qui-Gon's did cutting through the blast door in Episode 1 as opposed to battle droids.

I'm still a bit iffy about the fact that Var is apparently strong, fast and durable enough to take on a heavily armoured robot in single combat, and then has a suit of armour that provides her with an even further advantage. Add the ridiculous acrobatics to the mix, and it really seems like you're trying to create an organic character who has absolutely none of the weaknesses or disadvantages one would normally associate with an organic character. 

I feel like she has enough of an edge as is with all of her other powers, without her having to be inexplicably strong/fast/etc. enough to curbstomp a hero in a physical fight. 

Ok, let's see here, she has... what, two special combat related abilities? Telekinesis and Acrobatics is pretty much the extent of her natural power pool now, what with the pretty much complete removal of her lightning as a power. So that, plus strength to match the standard hero, along with her speed, pretty much puts her on equal ground with them now. Also, her armour only provides her with protection against damage, without which she would be about as vulnerable as one might expect against a robot. I said she could match them in strength, but I said nothing about the durability of her flesh and bones.

I'd like to know the specs on Var's sword.  Night Stalker, my heavy armored tank villain, fought a hero with a laser sword and said sword sliced through his armor like a hot knife through butter.  While I understand lightsabers are able to cut through most things with extreme ease they're very OP and won't end well.  I just want to clarify that this lightsaber goes through metal like how Qui-Gon's did cutting through the blast door in Episode 1 as opposed to battle droids.

I'm thinking Night Stalker should have invested in some energy plating to go with that armour of his.

A containment field that extends out of the handle in a closed tube shape holds inside it a mass of plasma. The containment field can be strengthened or weakened to increase or decrease the plasma's interactivity with its surrounding environment, essentially allowing it to cut through things simply through intense heat interaction. Stronger field enclosure allows even less interactivity, which can be used to non-lethally subdue opponents. The containment field works both ways, which allows it to deflect energy blasts if the wielder has a quick enough reaction time and sufficient body speed.

Does that suffice to explain the basics of the plasma sword?

Edited by Champion of Kaon

A containment field that extends out of the handle in a closed tube shape holds inside it a mass of plasma. The containment field can be strengthened or weakened to increase or decrease the plasma's interactivity with its surrounding environment, essentially allowing it to cut through things simply through intense heat interaction. Stronger field enclosure allows even less interactivity, which can be used to non-lethally subdue opponents. The containment field works both ways, which allows it to deflect energy blasts if the wielder has a quick enough reaction time and sufficient body speed.

Does that suffice to explain the basics of the plasma sword?

Thanks, but I was more asking for a description of his abilities relating to this RPG, as in how effective it would be at cutting through various robots from Night Stalker to your standard hero.

And I'm pretty sure that if Night Stalker had energy plating in addition to the rest of his abilities and equipment he'd never get approved.

That's a fair enough analysis. I guess everyone has to have some sort of weakness...

Night Stalker's weakness is the fact that, as a tank, he's slow and not very good at dodging.  Var's lightsaber, on the other hand, is a weapon that can literally cut through any non-energy defense and maybe even some of those.  That means that, should she get close enough to her opponent, and with extreme agility and limited telekinesis that should be incredibly simple, she has the potential to butcher most of the RPCs in this game with incredible ease.

I would think so. A spaceship is obviously more useful, so most players would want one of those instead of a ground-based vehicle which is why that's the standard profile template, but if you want some other type of vehicle then feel free to write up a profile for it.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

That's a fair enough analysis. I guess everyone has to have some sort of weakness...

I can't help but notice you haven't really addressed Vestak's original question, which was if Var's totally-not-just-a-lightsaber would have the same difficulty cutting through thicker, stronger metals as a canon lightsaber does. 

Would it be possible to have a ground based vehicle instead of a ship approved?

It'd obviously depend on the vehicle, to some extent, but I agree with Rylinth that this wouldn't be an issue.