Looking for pearl gold kraahkan

tourmalinex

Hi, I am interested in buying a pearl gold  kraahkan if anyone has it, The one that I found was offered at $170, however I can’t afford that I would gladly pay $20-$40 for it. Its been a dream of my kid brother to own one and his bday is June 13 and this mask is his dream.

Good luck; it took me about six months of asking every BrickLink/Ebay seller I could if they had one, From my experience, once you have one, you're probably not willing to part with it.

I have found 7 of them for over a $100 in two years of looking.

How much did you pay for yours, is $100+ normal asking price.

Edited by tourmalinex

wow, these are ridiculous prices!  :bigeek: i got mine almost 3 years ago on ebay for $4 (+ $3 shipping) and it felt like a lot to me! it still fells, to be honest... anyway, good luck with your search! it's funny, how the market changes - this and misprint KK's went up and copper Komau is quite low and common... 

My other option is to 3d print one:

cqwt23v7u6db0bgzg.jpg

Well, even when that´s good idea, I don´t think that´s better then buying the real one. Yes, you can get it for significantly cheaper (If you have 3D printer), but...:

1) This model is not great. It is certainly better than what I am capable of, but... It´s not perfect. BTW, PGK has only 4 chin holes ;)

2) It will never be real PGK. Of course, if you just want it, then why not, but if you are taking it from collectors perspective, then you still don´t have it. I have made several Ultra rare Bionicle items for myself, just to have them, but I don´t consider them real and Im still trying to get them.

3) Colour. I don´t think that there is plastic for 3D printer in PG colour, but I may be wrong. Tell me if you find it!

My other option is to 3d print one:

cqwt23v7u6db0bgzg.jpg

Well, even when that´s good idea, I don´t think that´s better then buying the real one. Yes, you can get it for significantly cheaper (If you have 3D printer), but...:

1) This model is not great. It is certainly better than what I am capable of, but... It´s not perfect. BTW, PGK has only 4 chin holes ;)

2) It will never be real PGK. Of course, if you just want it, then why not, but if you are taking it from collectors perspective, then you still don´t have it. I have made several Ultra rare Bionicle items for myself, just to have them, but I don´t consider them real and Im still trying to get them.

3) Colour. I don´t think that there is plastic for 3D printer in PG colour, but I may be wrong. Tell me if you find it!

I have found a local printer that has near prefect pearl gold plastic and a transparent purple plastic for my friend’s mask of creation and kaukau.I am still going to look for a real PGK as well.

bt6nqwmudl4wv6uzg.jpg

hbhrnv6a1ua50blzg.jpg

Edited by tourmalinex

From where do you get those models? You have a scanner?

I have experience in 3d modeling and a digital caliper to measure the items that I what to replicate. My friend designs historically accurate 3d models of vehicles from ww2 and assets for mods that do a total game conversion. He is more skilled than me at modeling.

Edited by tourmalinex

• 1 month later...

3D print one in any light colour and then paint it in chrome gold 

S    Q       U    I       D     M     A     S     T     E    R

check out my imgur gallery for bionicle photography: https://mahatparthiban.imgur.com/all/

I have found a local printer that has near prefect pearl gold plastic and a transparent purple plastic for my friend’s mask of creation and kaukau.I am still going to look for a real PGK as well.

bt6nqwmudl4wv6uzg.jpg

hbhrnv6a1ua50blzg.jpg

Just a tip before you print these models; you might want to subdivide them because otherwise you will be able to see the individual polygons on the print. Setting the shading to smooth won't change how the print looks.

Hail Denmark