HF RPG 2.5

FallenCor

OOC: It is proving difficult to get back into the groove of regularly posting in RPGs

IC: XPlode - With HeRotor

"Patience," he said to Thak soothingly. "We'll deal with that soon enough."

~

IC: Big Brute - Fighting

She stumbled back, surprised at the strength of the push.

~

IC: Small Pirate - Running

He gave a yelp and tried to sprint faster from the fiery Hero menace running after him.

~

IC: Sprocket - With Stormer

Sprocket gave a shuddering gasp and turned away, hand over his mouth.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

OOC: Yeah we all seem a bit out of it I guess.

IC: Flynn Flames

"EAT MY BURNING FISTS OF JUSTICE EVILDOER!"

I scream as I catch up to the pirate and punch him in the back with my red hot fist. I couldn't know for sure if this guy was working with the people responsible, but someone had to pay for the death of that civilian at the dock.

IC: Preston Stormer - HQ

Stormer tried to give Sprocket an awkward pat on the shoulder.

IC: Jimi Stringer - Starwhale Shootout

"Yeah!" Stringer yelled. "Take him down, Flames!" Turning his attention to the nearer (and bigger) pirate, he began trying to line up a shot, but Bliss was in the way...

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Starwhale Beatdown

As the pirate recoiled, Bliss sent a surge of burning light down his blade and made a swing at her torso with the flat of the blade, hoping to send her sprawling.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

• 4 weeks later...

IC: Smaller Pirate - Faced With Fists Of Fury

The pirate screamed, too, but out of fear rather than fury. He rolled to evade Flames' firey fist.

~

In response to Stormer's awkward pat, Sprocket hugged Stormer.

~

IC: Bigger Pirate - Fighting Heroes

She caught the blade on one of her cutlasses, swinging the hilt of the second in an attempt to clock Bliss on the head with it.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Preston Stormer - someonehelpwhatdoidoplz

IC: Jimi Stringer - Risky Business

Stringer inched closer, bit by bit, trying to get a clear shot past Bliss. It was too risky to fire a sonic burst with the other Hero directly in the way.

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Check This Out

Seeing the hit coming just in the nick of time, Bliss fired his wingpack in a semi-circular dodge to get around behind the pirate...

forgetting the holes Flames had blasted in his right-side wings. Bliss went careening sideways and slammed into a wall, dazing himself badly.

IC: Marrowling - Makuhero City

Makuhero City was especially quiet tonight. The hunt was good when it was quiet. The Marrowling crept slowly up from beneath the Hero Factory, from the tunnels below the surface, and into the feeble moonlight. Yesss, the scent of Quaza was in the air. It could taste the sweet, sweet energy already. The Marrowling began to open up the tiny passage into the Factory's first basement floor it had been digging for the last several weeks.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

Carried by my momentum, I find myself careening past the pirate. Just barely stopping myself from falling over I flip round to face the little pirate with the most heroic look I can muster. "Turn yourself in evildoer! Your piracy ends here!"

Edited by The Invisible Handman

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: I need to have a note taped to my forehead about this RPG I swear

IC: A Duck - It's Been A While

She was stirred awake by the departure of her protege. She pit-patted along quietly, tailing them, and then her feathers ruffled at what she saw. A secret passage! A secret passage she was not told about! She quacked loudly and suddenly, flapping at her heir in motherly fury.

~

IC: Smaller Pirate - Augh

"Stick it up yer tailpipe, Hero!" the pirate said angrily. This may have been more threatening if the pirate wasn't shaking in his boots. It seemed he wasn't the sort for close-range fighting.

~

IC: Bigger Pirate - That Had To Hurt

"HAW!" the pirate crowed as Bliss ran himself into a wall. She turned her attention to Stringer, weapons at the ready. "You wanna taste of my blades, Hero?"

~

"I'm so worried," Sprocket whimpered, still hugging Stormer. "I mean, we're all friends, the engineering team. This was meant to be an easy flight, and then all this..."

IC: Preston Stormer - =|

"I'm sure everything will work out in the end," Stormer lied.

IC: Jimi Stringer - Hungry For Justice Soup

"Bring it on!" Stringer yelled. Now that Bliss was conveniently out of the way, there was nothing holding him back. He turned a knob on the side of his blaster, setting volume to FULL.

"THIS IS GONNA HURT!!" Stringer screamed in his most metal voice and pulled the trigger.

IC: Dazedriel Blitzss - ?? :alert: ???

Bliss crawled back to his feet slowly, gingerly feeling around the fresh dent in his helmet.

IC: Marrowling - Belly of the Beast

The Marrowling whined gratingly and flapped its bone-quills at the Mother to keep things quiet. This was a delicate hunt! 

• 3 weeks later...

IC: a duck - Don't You Talk To Your Mother That Way

She ruffled her feathers and pecked their snout. Keeping secrets from her! The nerve! They had better explain themselves this instant!

~

IC: Pirates - Welp

Stringer had made an interesting decision.

A lot of things could be said for the wisdom of firing a destructive weapon inside a spaceship, especially when one wall is all that is separating you and everyone else from the cold iciness of space. The most typical thing that could be said is "that's a terrible idea".

Thankfully, the GM realised that she both couldn't remember whether or not they were still close to where they had entered the hull, and that it was kind of silly to put the living quarters so close to the hull anyway. So, when he fired, he simply tore through the rooms on either side.

The smaller pirate was hit by Flames, and then by the blast. There wasn't much Flames could do to evade it, but if he could, it would prevent him from being hurled all the way down the corridor.

The larger pirate and Bliss were also hit by the blast (unless Bliss got out of the way in time, somehow, though there's not many other places to go in a corridor). The larger pirate tumbled end-over-end in the air until she hit the wall. She sunk to the floor, groaning.

The smaller pirate skipped like a stone over a lake, and slid to a halt some ways down the corridor. He wasn't moving.

~

Temporarily distracted from his woes by the sound of an explosion, he turned and asked, "What was that?!"

~

IC: XPlode and HeRotor - Other Side of Ship

"What in blazes was that?" XPlode said, frowning.

"Ship backfired?" Gyro suggested sheepishly.

~

IC: ??? - Bridge

"What in Screwbeard's name was that?!" the captain snapped, head whipping to look behind her.

One of the pirates at the helm flicked through security cameras, but she shook her head. "That be a rhetorical question, matey. I know the sound of Heroes when I hear it. Have the crew on high alert, and lock down the cargo bay. Whatever hands ain't packin' our ship, I want on deck to find those rats."

IC: Preston Stormer - Hey, I Know That Sound...

"He didn't?!..." Stormer said to himself, barely believing the sound he'd just heard. But there was no mistaking it. He pulled up Stringer on the comms, "Stringer, ARE YOU INSANE??"

IC: What's Left of Bliss - Supreme Ow

Bliss, still somewhat dazed from his own clumsiness, was picked up by the afterwave of the sonic blast and once again rammed headfirst into the wall, the damaged right fins on his wingpack shredding and tearing off completely in the process.

IC: Jimi Stringer - Heh Heh, Whoops

Stringer scratched his head thoughtfully. "Musta forgot to take reverb into account in here..." He winced as Stormer began yelling into his audio receptor. "Hey, calm down man! We're fighting pirates here!"

IC: Marrowling - Ain't Nobody Got Time For That

Marrow looked at the floor sheepishly and began chirruping in its horrible stilted screech (as quietly as it could, of course). Yes, it should have told Mother earlier, but there was so much food inside the Factory! Just imagine if they found a way in. They'd never be hungry again!

With a deafening burst I found flying through the air. I blacked out for a second as I flew with the smaller pirate down the corridor landing nearby. Picking myself up before the other pirate I could only wander if the pro heroes were always this much of a danger to their team mates. Checking myself I seem to be fine. I call down the corridor "I'm okay!"

Edited by The Invisible Handman

• 1 month later...

OOC: ah yes time to post- <sees it's been over a month> ... what

~

IC: a duck - Forward Planning

Food?! Of course there was food, she quacked. The unfeathered creatures brought the food out! It was beneath a tyrant to go fetch her own breadcrumbs! But, she knew, they were only a child. Of course they did not think of these things.

~

"Is everything okay?!" he asked Stormer desperately. "No one got exploded, did they?"

IC: Preston Stormer - With Anxietyman

"If anyone did, it was the bad guys," Stormer told Sprocket. "An old friend of mine decided to use the 'overkill' button on his weapon. Whoever captured the Starwhale is likely in a coma by now."

IC: Marrowling - Cheeeese, Gromit!

The Marrowling coughed sheepishly. 

How could it tell Mother it needed more than old metal and breadcrumbs? It needed Quaza! Fresh and wonderful Quaza crystal! But Mother would not understand, no. Mother did not eat Quaza like Marrow did. Mother would think it was silly.

The Marrowling crept forward through the tunnel and out into the basement of Hero Factory. The hunt was on.

IC: Gabriel Bliss - This Kinda Hurts

A few blurry moments passed before Bliss found it within himself to crawl slowly back to a sitting position and inspect the damage. The wingpack was completely unusable, so he popped all the pressure seals and disconnected it from his back with a sigh. "Gonna miss you, buddy," he said, laying the wingpack off to the side and looking around for his sword. It was laying just a few meters away. After retrieving it, he turned to Stringer. "What in the Universe were you thinking, man?!"

IC: Jimi Stringer - Hehe, Whoops

"Sorry about that, dude. But hey, look on the bright side! The pirates are down for the count!" Stringer pointed proudly at the groaning four-armed pirate. This did not ease Bliss's glare.

• 1 month later...

OOC: Well guess I'll come back to this. If anyone's still here.

I drag my smaller pirate prey back down the corridor. Seems Gabriel and Jimmy were displeased with each other, Gabriel was being ridiculous though, as if a pro hero like Stringer could make a mistake.

"So what do we do with these two?"

OOC: I still check in from time to time.

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Forgive & Forget Is Hard

After another moment of glaring at Stringer, Bliss turned to the younger Hero. "We should probably cuff them so they stay put and then notify Stormer and the others so someone can move them where we can keep an eye on them. In the meantime, we've still got to get to the bridge..." Bliss trailed off as he fiddled with the cuffs at his waist. "Blast, looks like mine must have been damaged in that collision. Yours still work, Flames?"

IC: Jimi Stringer - No Big Deal, Right?

Stringer left the other two Heroes to their cuffing business and began cautiously moving further down the hallway.

I checked my waist, some of mine had been damaged too. Fortunately, since I was further from the blast I had two available for both pirates. "Oh man" I mutter, before handing one of the cuffs to Bliss " ... two of em do, none left for any other villains on this ship though"

IC: Gabriel Bliss - Starwhale

Bliss shook his head wearily, "We'll cross that bridge when we get there."

Taking the cuffs, he bound the two groaning pirates and stood back up. "Guess we'd better follow Mister Hazard," he said, gesturing after the advancing Stringer. "We need to finish this, and fast."

"Yeah!"

I shout, we had no time to lose and these pirates would notice two of their crew were missing. I enthusiastically sprint down the hallway the pirates had come from, only checking back halfway down to make sure Bliss was following me.

IC: Gabriel Bliss & Jimi Stringer - Time to Finish Things

With Stringer in the lead and Flames close behind, the trio made their way deeper into the heart of the Starwhale.

OOC: Zippy hasn't posted in a while. I'm not sure how far we can realistically get without her, if she doesn't come back. =|