The Lord Of The Rings: Weathertop Hill - A Taste Of Larger Things Yet

Nuju Metru

6494454515_3bd5c90df6_z.jpgHey, BZPower!Last summer, I assigned myself a very large and very ambitious project; namely, to make LEGO sets of all three Lord of the Rings movies. Already, it has been proven clear to me that this will be a daunting and immensely time (and money) consuming project. There are so many iconic settings and characters to build, so many custom pieces or special heads to order... I feel a little like Peter Jackson in that I'm trying to make all the custom figures from all three movies at the same time, to save on shipping costs I'd be paying later. Since I'm also making as many figures as would be needed for all the sets combined (i.e. 5 of the same dark-coat Frodo, since he appears that way in that many of my planned sets) the result is about 100 figures I'm trying to complete more or less simultaneously.There are many many characters I've built thus far who are almost done, or are finished but from a movie other than The Fellowship of the Ring. So, not wanting to reveal all my tricks just yet, but still hoping to generate some traction and early excitement for this project/desperately seeking reassurance that this project is a good idea, I've decided to give y'all a little preview of what this project will be like. Here I'm sharing a few completed figures from the first film, who conveniently adhere to a scene from Fellowship: the battle atop the forgotten watchtower of Amon Sul, at Weathertop hill. The figures pictured are Frodo Baggins, Ranger Aragorn, and some Nazgul.6494460321_ab7446174a.jpg6494457767_896b5fa415.jpg6494458291_08cf4ff437.jpg6494457085_76d36d4501.jpg6494455197_9e2b03517c.jpg6494455781_85bbfe81b8.jpg6494458939_02a63d80ce.jpg6494459537_ece012fc9d.jpgThanks for viewing! Stay tuned for later tastes of the project! Edited by Black Six

test2.png

Also, I only saw one thing that displeased me. Frodo's face. Almost anything would be better.

Hmm. Personally, I was pretty happy with the face... I thought it looked a good deal like Mr. Elijah Wood, insofar as LEGO faces can look like anybody. frodo-732800.jpgI can't see any other head that TLG has made working better, but I might be missing one. What would be your idea?

test2.png

Also, I only saw one thing that displeased me. Frodo's face. Almost anything would be better.

Hmm. Personally, I was pretty happy with the face... I thought it looked a good deal like Mr. Elijah Wood, insofar as LEGO faces can look like anybody.frodo-732800.jpgI can't see any other head that TLG has made working better, but I might be missing one. What would be your idea?
I agree. Frodo's head looks great.But I don't like Aragorn's face. It's the mouth; it just looks a bit silly.Other than that slight point, these are absolutely fantastic and I very much look forward to seeing more.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Very nice, Aaron. I half expected you to have an entire Weathertop structure build up, but I guess that would've been a little much. :PThe minifigs are nice. The Ringwraiths are awesome, and Frodo's not too bad either. (I like the ring) Aragorn is okay, but I'm kinda disappointed that his head is basically Dastan's. Although I suppose that's one of the better head pieces availible...Still, nice minifigs, can't wait to see more. :):music:

Dude, hurry up and finish this, I wanna see it!I love LOTR, and this scene was one of my favourites, and most MOCS I've seen of it look awesome.I expect the same from you! You have a promising start already.MTL

There's no reason you can't still go through with them. Honestly, most MOCs of any line, even ones LEGO has made, turn out to be better than most of the sets. LEGO is constrained with packaging, parts, and playability - fans aren't.The project's scale might need to be cut back, but I wouldn't abandon something like this just because of some ironic timing.What you've got so far is promising. Abandoning it at this stage would be a shame.

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

The way I see it, the release of official Lego LOTR will only make your final result more awsome, with Lego's official pieces that may or may not exeed your substitutes. I don't think the Lego line will really stnad up to yours, just keep on going and use the official sets as a supplement.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

Well, well, well. They look very good. I've met them almost personally and I have to admit these minifigs really resemble those little bugs that sent me out of Middle Earth... Dark Lord Sauron will have his revenge... Perhaps my minifig will get me back to Mordor, this time.Still a good job, even for meaningless Men.----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

Well, well, well. They look very good. I've met them almost personally and I have to admit these minifigs really resemble those little bugs that sent me out of Middle Earth... Dark Lord Sauron will have his revenge... Perhaps my minifig will get me back to Mordor, this time.Still a good job, even for meaningless Men.----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

Oh no... not... uggh... By the way, Nuju, don't let the official release bother you, Yours will probably exceed theirs, if not... O.O... never mind.-Gone underground-

Oh no... not... uggh... By the way, Nuju, don't let the official release bother you, Yours will probably exceed theirs, if not... O.O... never mind.-Gone underground-
Thanks, mortal Man. But I didn't understand that "if not"... You should be more clear if you don't want to take my place in the Void.----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

Oh no... not... uggh... By the way, Nuju, don't let the official release bother you, Yours will probably exceed theirs, if not... O.O... never mind. -Gone underground-

The way I see it, the release of official Lego LOTR will only make your final result more awsome, with Lego's official pieces that may or may not exeed your substitutes. I don't think the Lego line will really stnad up to yours, just keep on going and use the official sets as a supplement.

Worry not - I've decided to continue with my plans and project, at least to an extent. I'll certainly finish making all of my minifigures, and hopefully most sets as well. Thanks for your support! Edited by Nuju Metru

test2.png

I just had a thought. If you had Boba Fett's new head from the Slave 1 (or that muggle with the cat from the Hogwarts set) that face might make a better Aragorn. Aside from that head and the one you're using now, I don't think you have any others to choose from flesh-colour wise.MTL

Nice! Look forward to mmore!

Thanks! Check out the next preview via the link in my signature.

Loving the swords, loving the Nazgûl, liking the Aragorn, liking the Frodo, hating the Dark Lord that invaded this topic (jk, Sauron is awesome), definitely can't wait for more.

Sauron is awesome... even awesome-er in LEGO! Glad you liked how the Nazgul came out. They're pretty simply put together, but look nice.

That's totally epic. Who needs the official Lego LOTR sets with this?I personally find Frodo to be a perfect match. Aragorn is also epic. Can't wait to see more!=)

Yeah.... except I'm totally gonna buy all of the official sets, too... It's a weird dilemma. :P Thanks for the feedback!

test2.png

Nice! Look forward to mmore!

Thanks! Check out the next preview via the link in my signature.

Loving the swords, loving the Nazgûl, liking the Aragorn, liking the Frodo, hating the Dark Lord that invaded this topic (jk, Sauron is awesome), definitely can't wait for more.

Sauron is awesome... even awesome-er in LEGO! Glad you liked how the Nazgul came out. They're pretty simply put together, but look nice.

That's totally epic. Who needs the official Lego LOTR sets with this?I personally find Frodo to be a perfect match. Aragorn is also epic. Can't wait to see more!=)

Yeah.... except I'm totally gonna buy all of the official sets, too... It's a weird dilemma. :P Thanks for the feedback!
I did, and I love the fig! I wonder f TLG will ever do one. Somehow, I don't think they will.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!