Ekimu, the Great Spirit — BBCC 73

27526439940_597c756be4_n.jpg
Flickr

The ancient deity Ekimu, revered by the Matoran as their creator, though his name has long been lost to history, and the Matoran know him only by his title. For countless millennia Ekimu remained withdrawn from the dimensions of mortal perception, invisibly guiding the universe. When the treachery of Makuta cast him into slumber, and later into death, only the energies of the Mask of Life could reach him in his distant abode. With his resurrection by the Toa Mahri and subsequent awakening by the Toa Nuva, Ekimu has returned in splendor to aright his mistakes. Wielding the very powers of Creation, he prepares to strike down Makuta once and for all in the ultimate duel...

There have been a lot of Gen 1 characters in Gen 2 style, but what about the reverse? :sly:

In fitting with the theme of BBCC 73, Ekimu uses only four pieces from Hero Factory / Bionicle Gen 2: the mask, a piece of unity, and the two HF feet; and I'd consider the former two to be about as detailed as Gen 1 pieces anyway. I also made sure to use some of the most characteristically large and over-detailed Gen 1 pieces, such as the Olmak (everyone's favorite mask amirite?).

The above intro is also basically my headcanon of how Bionicle Gen 1 ended. No Bara Magna, no giant robots. Edited by Ballom
  • Upvote 5

G1 doesn't really feel right to me without Mata Nui being a giant robot.  I mean, that was literally the one thing the writers based the entire story around.

Hm?  Oh, the MoC.  I like it!  The head proportion is a bit wonky and the legs need a bit of work, but the torso is incredibly inventive, and you use the 2006 Kanohi in really cool ways.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

I'm iffy on the post Bionicle pieces, but I guess beyond the mask they all fit in with original Bionicle. I like the colour scheme and the way you divided up the gold and silver with a brown cape. The crown seems redundant, but the use of exo force arms on the shield and torso are downright inspiring. I reckon you have a bery good shot at winning the competition.

Love how you used exo-force torso's as base for the fingers. That's really clever! The buckler is also cleverly made, having horns form the outer ring, an Atlantis triangle forming the base, it's really nice!

He also gives me Knight's Kingdom vibes, you know with the cape 'n crown 'n all. Guess it's not the theme of the contest, but nostalgic nevertheless.

An interesting reimagining of Ekimu to be sure.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

G1 doesn't really feel right to me without Mata Nui being a giant robot.  I mean, that was literally the one thing the writers based the entire story around.

Hm?  Oh, the MoC.  I like it!  The head proportion is a bit wonky and the legs need a bit of work, but the torso is incredibly inventive, and you use the 2006 Kanohi in really cool ways.

I recognize that the conceit of the story had the Great Spirit Robot come first, but I still prefer the story without it. The way it was done seemed ham-fisted and unnecessary to me.

I do admit that the legs are a bit lacking, yes. I somewhat rushed them at the last minute because I wanted to be done with the MOC.

The head seems really disproportionate with the body, especially the shoulders. Also, those hips are... Peculiar. I don't think I've seen front leg muscles bulge before.

Nicely done, anyways. It seems I'm gonna lose this contest for sure. :P

The Olmaks aren't supposed to be the shoulder still, but armor on top of them. If you look at where the shoulder joints are, his shoulder width isn't as gargantuan.

Those aren't bulging front leg muscles; they're bulging thigh armor. He is in full armor after all.

I like it a lot. He looks really kingly. I also like how you used both of the 2006 Titan Kanohi to imply power. A great design choice.

That was far from my intention, but I'll nod sagely here and pretend I make decisions like that.

I'm iffy on the post Bionicle pieces, but I guess beyond the mask they all fit in with original Bionicle. I like the colour scheme and the way you divided up the gold and silver with a brown cape. The crown seems redundant, but the use of exo force arms on the shield and torso are downright inspiring. I reckon you have a bery good shot at winning the competition.

Eh, I though the crown fit in well among the projections at the Mask of Creation's top. It also makes the head a bit more proportionate to the body.

I appreciate the sentiments about the contest, but alas, this entry was annihilated in the first poll. Oh well.

Love how you used exo-force torso's as base for the fingers. That's really clever! The buckler is also cleverly made, having horns form the outer ring, an Atlantis triangle forming the base, it's really nice!

He also gives me Knight's Kingdom vibes, you know with the cape 'n crown 'n all. Guess it's not the theme of the contest, but nostalgic nevertheless.

I had envisioned the shield as having a small core due to being used for a larger energy shield of magical-ness or something, but a buckler definitely fits in much better with the knightly air he has. I think I'll go with that then.

I was definitely thinking of knights when I made him, so evoking the Knights Kingdom theme means I managed to succeed there. Hooray!

An interesting reimagining of Ekimu to be sure.

Is that a good sort of interesting or a bad sort of interesting? :P

Thanks for the replies, all!

Edited by Ballom