Does Greg Farshtey still answer questions and such here?

Satan

I remember back when I was a little kid I asked him so many questions. Tons, and tons. Does he still use this site?

Also, guys? Umm.. I've been gone for years. Idk what do even do on here. I literally don't remember anyone. & is Bionicle officially over?

Cheers.

Untitled.png.810206e4ceb9d1782fd46317df703580.png
:t:     :r:     :a:     :n:     :s:     :f:     :m_o:     :r:     :m: 

First off, welcome back to the boards! I myself may be something of a newbie, but it's always cool to see old veterans return to the community.

I think Greg Farshtey's account on here was shut down for some reason. But, you can still ask him questions on the Lego Message Boards.

As for your other question, Bionicle's first run is over, but a whole second generation has started! Pretty cool news, huh?

If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help. :)

Edited by Terrorsaur

OK so the reason Greg's account was shut down was because someone hacked into it and posted the leaked image that started the hype for G2 Bionicle with it, while (I think?) masquerading as him. So multiple rules were broken and that was how it had to end. And before you get started on conspiracies: I believe Greg himself confirmed that he did not post the image and all that.

​He continues to answer questions on the LMBs but all he really does is just say "Yeah OK I guess that was canon" to any theory or concept you propose to him.

​Not sure if this counts as discussion of banned members, but hopefully not. If it is I'm A-OK with my post getting' nuked or something.

Also yes, Bionicle is over but it has been rebooted.

​EDIT: I believe this goes in General or Bionicle Discussion, by the way, as this pertains to both and not off-topic content.

Edited by Tarn of the DJD

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

@Terrorsaur; Thank you! It's nice to be back. & Oh, wow. So that's the new show on netflix, huh? Why is everything so extremely similar to Mata Nui...?

@Tarn; Hacked? Oh, no... That's the worst. :( Man, that's terrible. & There's no way this counts. We're talking about THE Greg Farshtey, that would be like banning the "-icle" from Bionicle. Well, at least for me. He was sort of a hero for me as a kid LOL. But hmm.. Maybe he just kinda got tired of it. Bionicle changed a lot.. Like, honestly, I don't care for anything past The Piraka. Oh, and yeah, it very well could be. I just figured, hey, better to be safe than sorry and ask about him in general.

Edited by Bathory

Untitled.png.810206e4ceb9d1782fd46317df703580.png
:t:     :r:     :a:     :n:     :s:     :f:     :m_o:     :r:     :m: 

Greg was temporarily banned after his account was compromised, but that seems to have been undone; he's currently back as an OBZPC, as his profile shows. He hasn't posted here in years and years though. Here's the prank topic Tarn mentioned that was posted from Greg's account.

Greg was temporarily banned after his account was compromised, but that seems to have been undone; he's currently back as an OBZPC, as his profile shows. He hasn't posted here in years and years though. Here's the prank topic Tarn mentioned that was posted from Greg's account.

Huh. Didn't know it got reversed. Neat, I guess.

​EDIT: I could've sworn that topic involved a leaked image. Guess I was thinking of another case.

Edited by Tarn of the DJD

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Lego employees are only allowed to communicate with fans officially via Lego Message Boards last I heard. This is to allow protection and monitoring against false accusations, a nessessity when communicating with children. Mind you I don't know how strong this rule is, as many Lego designers have Brickset accounts were they have lists of all the sets they have designed...

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Lego employees are only allowed to communicate with fans officially via Lego Message Boards last I heard. This is to allow protection and monitoring against false accusations, a nessessity when communicating with children. Mind you I don't know how strong this rule is, as many Lego designers have Brickset accounts were they have lists of all the sets they have designed...

The specific rules are about communicating online with children specifically, because of child safety laws. Eurobricks and the Brickset forums both have age restrictions on membership to get around this, and while Brickset's main site does not have age restrictions, personally-managed pages like Bricklists are not the same thing as direct one-on-one communications with other fans.

BZPower does not have any sort of age restrictions in place for members and has decided not to implement any, so the only Lego employees who can directly interact with other members on the forums are ones like Kevin Hinkle who have undergone special training and certification to be allowed to do so.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Slight correction: LEGO employees are only allowed to communicate with kids via the LEGO Message Boards. Employees can communicate with AFOLs either via social media or forums — provided those sites have an age limit so said employees can be sure they're not communicating with anyone under age 13. This is in order to adhere to COPPA regulations.

As it stands, BZPower does not have a strict age limit. Brickset's main site does not either, but it also does not have any form of private messaging — the only form of direct interaction between members is news comments. The Brickset Forums, which do allow for more forms of discussion, are strictly for users ages 16 and up.

EDIT: Ninja'd by my brother. :P

Edited by Aanchir

Yeah that makes sense, AFOL sites have age limits so Lego employees know they are talking to teens or adults. It actually goes a long way to explain why Eurobricks or Brickset have those age limits. And since BZpower doesn't have age limits, it is no wonder Lego moved Greg away from here and back onto their official message boards.

Off course if Greg ever retired he could return here, but would he? Without his continued work authoring Lego Books, Greg would lose all ability to officially canonize stuff making the Q&A nearly meaningless.

Sometimes I feel sorry for Greg though reading through the Lego Message forums. It seems he has the unfortunate task of both canonizing random tidbits of Bionicle lore at the request of nostalgic millennials, while at the same time babysitting children who ask stupid things as if Greg likes Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (He answered that one to, he has diabetes and can't eat Reese's anymore...)

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!