BBC Contest #73 Prelim Poll Galidor

BBC Contest #73 Prelim Poll Galidor  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Preliminary Poll Galidor
BBC Contest #73: Brickin' It Old School!

Here we are... it's the preliminary round of voting for BBC Contest #73: Brickin' !t Old School!

Two entries will advance from each poll, as well as two overall wildcards.

Preliminary Voting begins June 23rd and ends June 26th at 11:59 P.M. EST.
Final Voting begins August 6th and ends August 7th at 11:59 P.M. EST.
The contest winner and final voting results will be posted in a separate thread on August 9th.

One voter from each poll will be randomly selected to win a McToran polybag from 2001!

---------------------------------------------------------

BZP Rules and Guidelines

---------------------------------------------------------

1. c73_007.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Harbinger of Darkness

2. c73_016.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Ekimu, the Great Spirit

3. 01_toa_jordrok_bbcc_73.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Toa Jordrok

4. c73_028.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Toa Nidhiki

5. c73_006.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Toa Faruta, Toa of Magnetism

6. c73_020.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Unity Duty Destiny

7. c73_008.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Dread Lord Miserix

8. c73_014.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Manas

9. c73_022.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Colibri

• Upvote 2
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

There are a lot of good ones here.  1, 2, 3, and 7 are also great humanoids that harken back to the classic Bionicle days too.  And #9 has a colorful and unique shape to it that I like.  But I think my favorite design here is the Manas, so that's where my vote's going.

:music:

Well... Considering I'm the one who suggested they enter it, My vote goes to #1. While there definitely are some really good mocs in this, I still think #1 is the most interesting of the entrants to look at. Simple in terms of design, but what little parts it uses it uses well to give off a menacing vibe, and stay true to the G1 feel.

And don't get me wrong, the manas are great, and they likely will blow the rest of the competition out of the water, but I want to see an underdog have a chance.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I love Jordrok, I really do... but darn it, I can't vote against that Manas, I just can't.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

I love Disty's Manas, and while it is the best MOC here (and possibly in-contest) by technical standards, I'm really not digging entirely it for the contest theme. I think you could have really made it more like the face and jaws all the way through, thematically.

• Upvote 1

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

The Manas seems to have the G1 feel mainly because of the inherent general structure of a Manas, with the treads and mechanical arms. I feel like that should work against it, because it relies on that inherent design rather than any creativity or innovation to fulfill the G1-style criteria. But it is such a good MOC that I still voted for it.

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

Very Close call this time. I went with #3. Manas, you were so close. Love both your builds

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Entry 8 is by far the best entry here in terms of both looks and functionality, and while it doesn't quite nail down that "old-school" look throughout, Entry 3 is the only one in this poll that I think does so well enough to balance out its faults. I voted for 8, but I encourage people who would prefer a more greebly-looking entry to take a good long look at 3 before casting your vote!

When I first looked at the Manas, I thought to myself, "Well, that's a pretty lame entry.  Someone just took a Manas and rebuilt the claws!"  Then I noticed the face... then the panels... then it finally clicked that it was a custom-built recreation of the Manas's motorized block, not the original.  I was fooled for a good couple moments, so that speaks to the MOC's faithfulness to its inspiration.  And it's even still motorized!  I like how the head looks more like a head than the original (and more menacing), and props to the creative use of the McToran torsos.

sqtd1i.png

^               Often lurking, occasionally writing about sets on BS01.                     

L     This link is a bit old, but there's still some good info about combiners there.