I have a challenge for you guys that don't like G2 much.

Spiffy247

Mask packs might've done the trick, but perhaps also animal creatures like the Rahi might help. But also, a more interesting story and villians, and more worldbuilding through media. Also it needs to be darker, like in the original story. I loved the grittiness of bionicle originally and now it's not so grim.

• Upvote 3

Mask packs might've done the trick, but perhaps also animal creatures like the Rahi might help. But also, a more interesting story and villians, and more worldbuilding through media. Also it needs to be darker, like in the original story. I loved the grittiness of bionicle originally and now it's not so grim.

The books have done a lot of world building. Have you read RoSS?

• Upvote 1

G1. WASN'T. DARK. And a story being "not so grim" is not a bad thing you absolute edgelord.

​Also there's been a ton of worldbuilding but of course you've probably ignored all of it. And there's been animal creatures...? At this point I have the feeling you hid under a rock when G2 came out and refuse to actually learn anything about it.

• Upvote 6

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

I have a couple ideas, they should bring back CCBS and Greg Farshtey.

Also it needs to be darker, like in the original story. I loved the grittiness of bionicle originally and now it's not so grim.

facepalm-ernie-150x150.png

Dude... G1 wasn't dark. Okay, maybe 2006 and 2008 were a little heavy at times. But the tone for the overall series was pretty lighthearted. Blood 'n guts weren't flying everywhere the way you remember it.

The closest G1 ever got to being "gritty" was Stuart Sayger's bad art.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939
  • Upvote 7

There are so many things that went into G1 that made it so great. It was the combination of mystery, imaginative design, creativity or worldbuilding, music that was made to tie in with the story, games that let us connect with characters rather than being hack n' slashers, a deep mythos that stemmed from a simple idea that garnered lots of intrigue and theming that let the series have emotional appeal. There are so many things that could improve G2, but I cannot say exactly what, as I do not follow G2 as much as I did G1. Things I do hope that can be added, if they have not added them already, include music, a game that lets one explore the characters and Okoto akin to the Mata Nui Online Game, and a fleshing out of themes and characters. 

Gonna have to agree, G1 wasn't dark, but 2006 was a bit edgy for my taste. Ironically, that's the year that I got into Bionicle.

• Upvote 1

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

Well, I really like G2, but I suppose I could still contribute here....

* Masks in different colors. I really loved the collection aspect of the early years, and it opened up a lot of MOC potential.

* Bring back canisters! I know LEGO uses cardboard now to save materials and that's great, but I loved canisters because they gave you something else substantial besides the set. Plus, they were great for storage and transport.

Hmm.... I thought I would have more to say here. Guess I like G2 enough.

• Upvote 1

* Masks in different colors. I really loved the collection aspect of the early years, and it opened up a lot of MOC potential.

I don't have a problem with this idea, but I have found it interesting that overall, we've gotten a LOT more color variety for masks in 2015 and 2016 than any year from 2004 onward.

I mean, think about it — most new masks from 2004 or later only appeared in one color. Of the 50 Kanohi molds introduced from 2004 onward, only nine of them (great Ruru, Kiril/Pehkui, mutated Huna, Kualsi, 2006 Ignika, Hydraxon faceplate, 2008 Ignika, Faxon, great and noble Shelek, and Crast) came in more than one color or color combination. If you count non-Kanohi mask/helmet molds as well, that adds 22 more, only six of which (Hydraxon mask, Berix mask, Gresh mask, Crotesius mask, Perditus mask, Sahmad mask) ever got a recolor.

In fact, if you want to look at G1 Bionicle as a whole, we got 72 Kanohi shapes and 22 non-Kanohi mask and helmet shapes. Additionally, there were 232 discrete Kanohi (not counting misprints, precious metal contest prizes, or same-color variants) and 28 discrete non-Kanohi masks and helmets. On average, there were 9.4 mask shapes per year and 2.76 colors per shape.

Conversely, in G2 so far, we've gotten 21 mask shapes and 59 discrete masks (excluding precious metal contest prizes). The new version of the Mask of Control worn by Umarak the Destroyer is the only mask that hasn't been available in more than one color. This means that on average, we've had 10.5 mask shapes per year and 2.81 colors per shape. You read that right — G2, on average, has had more mask shapes per year on average AND more colors per shape on average than G1! For the record I chose to exclude misprints, same-color variants, and precious metal contest prizes, but if I HAD included those, it would've actually tipped things further in G2's favor, with 3.19 (67/21) colors per shape in G2 versus just 2.67 (251/94) in G1. So rest assured I'm not making arbitrary exceptions in hopes of making G2's track record seem better than it is.

With that said, I don't mean to try and silence or invalidate anyone's desire for MORE mask colors, particularly if you're nostalgic for the early years of 2001–2003, when there were 147 discrete masks in only 22 shapes, or a whopping 6.68 colors per shape on average! Out of curiosity, for those who want more mask colors, how would you prefer them to be released? Blind-packaged bags or boxes like in G1? Featuring "bonus" masks in the small sets just like in the medium or large ones? Packs with specific selections of masks in specific selections of colors? Or something else entirely?

I don't have a problem with this idea, but I have found it interesting that overall, we've gotten a LOT more color variety for masks in 2015 and 2016 than any year from 2004 onward.

I mean, think about it — most new masks from 2004 or later only appeared in one color. Of the 50 Kanohi molds introduced from 2004 onward, only nine of them (great Ruru, Kiril/Pehkui, mutated Huna, Kualsi, 2006 Ignika, Hydraxon faceplate, 2008 Ignika, Faxon, great and noble Shelek, and Crast) came in more than one color or color combination. If you count non-Kanohi mask/helmet molds as well, that adds 22 more, only six of which (Hydraxon mask, Berix mask, Gresh mask, Crotesius mask, Perditus mask, Sahmad mask) ever got a recolor.

In fact, if you want to look at G1 Bionicle as a whole, we got 72 Kanohi shapes and 22 non-Kanohi mask and helmet shapes. Additionally, there were 232 discrete Kanohi (not counting misprints, precious metal contest prizes, or same-color variants) and 28 discrete non-Kanohi masks and helmets. On average, there were 9.4 mask shapes per year and 2.76 colors per shape.

Conversely, in G2 so far, we've gotten 21 mask shapes and 59 discrete masks (excluding precious metal contest prizes). The new version of the Mask of Control worn by Umarak the Destroyer is the only mask that hasn't been available in more than one color. This means that on average, we've had 10.5 mask shapes per year and 2.81 colors per shape. You read that right — G2, on average, has had more mask shapes per year on average AND more colors per shape on average than G1! For the record I chose to exclude misprints, same-color variants, and precious metal contest prizes, but if I HAD included those, it would've actually tipped things further in G2's favor, with 3.19 (67/21) colors per shape in G2 versus just 2.67 (251/94) in G1. So rest assured I'm not making arbitrary exceptions in hopes of making G2's track record seem better than it is.

With that said, I don't mean to try and silence or invalidate anyone's desire for MORE mask colors, particularly if you're nostalgic for the early years of 2001–2003, when there were 147 discrete masks in only 22 shapes, or a whopping 6.68 colors per shape on average! Out of curiosity, for those who want more mask colors, how would you prefer them to be released? Blind-packaged bags or boxes like in G1? Featuring "bonus" masks in the small sets just like in the medium or large ones? Packs with specific selections of masks in specific selections of colors? Or something else entirely?

Oh yeah, I'm not denying G2 has plenty of colors. For me, it's more a matter of distinction.

With the early years, you could easily grab any of 72 masks and make a character. Nowadays, (and 2004 onward in the original run as you mentioned) it's just Pohatu's mask or Umarak's mask or whatever. The room for really distinct MOCs is gone, at least in terms of masks.

As for your question, I'd be fine with just putting more masks in sets, but random blind bags would be really cool. Maybe 3 or 4 dollars for a single mask?

• Upvote 1

G1. WASN'T. DARK. And a story being "not so grim" is not a bad thing you absolute edgelord.

​Also there's been a ton of worldbuilding but of course you've probably ignored all of it. And there's been animal creatures...? At this point I have the feeling you hid under a rock when G2 came out and refuse to actually learn anything about it.

You don't know how wrong you are. G1 WAS DARK. I guess a happy little world is a better place for you, anyway.

Also there are NO ANIMALS. Unless you count the little "skull spiders" which are more animations than are creatures. Maybe I should "read the amazing books" because clearly I'm missing out on something here?

You don't know how wrong you are. G1 WAS DARK. I guess a happy little world is a better place for you, anyway.

Also there are NO ANIMALS. Unless you count the little "skull spiders" which are more animations than are creatures. Maybe I should "read the amazing books" because clearly I'm missing out on something here?

Yeah, I agree with you, Tuuli! I wish they could have done something like a set of creatures for each Toa. It's too bad they didn't.

Also, could you please specify what you mean by dark? Do you just want more edgy spotlights and electric fences?

Edited by Terrorsaur
  • Upvote 9

Hey. Hey Tuuli. Maybe not respond with biting sarcasm and tell me I'm wrong about something multiple people have said. G1 wasn't "gritty" or "grim." Remember when they said "kill" once? Oh boy, so edgy. Calm down Frank Miller.

​AND yep, no animals. None whatsoever. The Creatures don't exist.

• Upvote 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Woah, this got nasty quick. Let's just chill, guys. [ :)] If someone has a differing opinion, the best way to disagree isn't "No! >:@", it's "Oh? That's interesting, why do you think that? [:)]". Just try and see things from other people's perspective. [;)]

getaloadofthisguycam.gif

Buddy, I'm not dismissing what he's saying and being all like "NO YOU HAVE AN OPINION THAT'S DIFFERENT FROM MINE, HOW DARE YOU." What you don't seem to get is that he says the same stuff all the time, every time a topic about G2 hate or relating to it comes up. No worldbuilding, no animals like Rahi, blah blah something something it's not G1 so it's bad. Yeah, I'm being a little over the top at times (caps when I shouldn't have really used them, being sarcastic before he was*) but I didn't blow up on the guy. Things aren't getting nasty, I'm just sick of Tuuli's posts about this stuff.

​(*which my sarcasm had context, he was being sarcastic just to insult me)

• Upvote 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

No more Russian exclusive packs. 

In all seriousness tho I'd love to see some larger more technic focused sets like the Rahi. We have LoSS and the creatures, it'd be interesting to see what else the set designers could do. 

Edited by Darth Kriegor
  • Upvote 5

I already really like G2 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess it'd be nice to get more villagers, or have set designs with the level of refinement seen with the Star Wars figures. Otherwise though, I'm satisfied.

* Bring back canisters!

No. They took up space, were difficult to dispose of, and cost more than cardboard, ergo likely allowing less room in the budget for the sets themselves. Recyclable cardboard canisters could be cool, but the box design we have does its job just fine, and can be flattened really easily if needed.

Edited by Logan McOwen
  • Upvote 5

Mask packs, like so: A "mold mask" with one particular mold in red, blue, black, brown, green, white, silver and gold or a "color pack" with that year's masks in one color.

A larger netflix series: 12 22-minute long episodes released either one each month or six from January to March and six from July to September.

A winter wave with Toa as mediuom/large sets an villagers as small sets.

Actually being able to buy them in my country.

Edited by Dogbert

Uh... can you give some examples that aren't from 2006?

Well, 2007 also had its fair share of darkness, as did many of the serials. However, it's a hotly debated topic whether Bionicle's post-2006 tonal shift was actually a good thing for the franchise, and whether the added darkness was accompanied by an appropriate level of maturity. The G2 story has largely stuck to a lighter tone than the later years of G1, though of course the same would apply to G1 midway through its second year.

• Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Uh... can you give some examples that aren't from 2006?

Well, 2007 also had its fair share of darkness, as did many of the serials. However, it's a hotly debated topic whether Bionicle's post-2006 tonal shift was actually a good thing for the franchise, and whether the added darkness was accompanied by an appropriate level of maturity. The G2 story has largely stuck to a lighter tone than the later years of G1, though of course the same would apply to G1 midway through its second year.

The "darkness" the series gained after 2006 is the kind where when you read it as a kid you think it's cool, but when you come back to read it when you're older just makes you cringe. There was some moment (I think from the serials) that I saw a while back and I just thought "Yep, that sounds like it was written by an edgy thirteen-year-old." (might've been something from federation of fear which in itself read like edgy fan fiction with some of the stuff that happened in it)

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Oh yeah, I'm not denying G2 has plenty of colors. For me, it's more a matter of distinction.

With the early years, you could easily grab any of 72 masks and make a character. Nowadays, (and 2004 onward in the original run as you mentioned) it's just Pohatu's mask or Umarak's mask or whatever. The room for really distinct MOCs is gone, at least in terms of masks.

As for your question, I'd be fine with just putting more masks in sets, but random blind bags would be really cool. Maybe 3 or 4 dollars for a single mask?

3 or 4 dollars for a single masks sounds pretty excessive! It's true that LEGO prices are pretty much always increasing at least somewhat due to inflation, but a mask pack in 2001 was $2 for two masks and a head, eyestalk, and axle to use with them, and $2 in 2001 dollars is still less than $3 in today's money.

But 3 or 4 dollars for a single PACK is not nearly so unreasonable — you'd just have to include more per pack than just one mask. Thinking of random mask packs as $4 sets like the Collectible Minifigures is probably the most realistic thing, since LEGO has few other sets that contain randomized contents or cost less than $5. $4 could potentially be a high enough cost to include two or three masks plus some other more generic pieces. Like, say, enough to build a head, or maybe a Skull Spider or similarly simple creature so the set has some play value on its own instead of being just a lifeless accessory for the larger sets. That's one of the big issues I see mask packs facing — the CMF craze is fueled in part by the sense that a collectible minifigure is, on some level, a complete toy rather than just an accessory, whereas a mask is just a mask. Not an insurmountable obstacle but definitely one to bear in mind.

There's also something of a stigma against blind-packaged products in general, especially those with a "collect them all" message attached, which might be good to address. While the expectation is generally for kids to trade the things they don't want with friends who have what they DO want, it's still frustrating for people to feel like they're paying for something they might not need. Some early Bionicle collectibles (especially the Kraata) were also a bit insane in terms of what it meant to "collect them all", which could discourage many kids from even trying. Even if you were lucky enough to have friends to trade with so duplicates wouldn't just be money wasted, the cost of a full set of Kraata was $.67 cents per Kraata (since Kraata packs were $2 and Kraata were 3 to a pack) times 36 color combinations times 6 shapes/power levels, or 144 dollars… plus, the Rahkshi had their OWN Kraata color combinations that were only in those sets, so you either had to buy six of each Rahkshi or hope your friends would trade one of their Rahkshi Kraata for your considerably less expensive Kraata pack Kraata.

Of course, Krana and Kraata had a considerable disadvantage to masks in general since the variations didn't tend to have a big impact on the look of a model. "Usefulness" can play a big role in separating purchases that are significant on their own from ones that only matter in the context of reaching a complete collection. That's part of why trading card games (where the cards all DO something besides just letting you check them off your wanted list) tend to be more popular nowadays than trading cards without any kind of game attached. Masks, just by virtue of their cosmetic significance when building, already have an advantage in purpose over slugs or brains that are mostly identical and tend to be hidden away inside most models that use them.

One thing I thought a bit about in 2014 was the possibility of $5 non-randomized product collections like the Mixels, with creatures or villagers wearing differently-colored masks. The Mixels theme generally includes three waves of 9 sets per year, or 27 sets. Assuming one mask each that would go a long way towards offering more mask color variety, and having them as buildable, non-blind-packaged figures could help fight the "not a complete toy" stigma as well as the "forcing people to buy more and more packs just to get what they want" stigma, since people could get the sets for the sake of the set itself rather than just for the sake of a collection. But unfortunately the general size of constraction parts compared to System parts might make this a challenge. Most "small sets" in G1 used mostly cloned designs, as opposed to the Mixels which sell largely by virtue of the uniqueness they offer at a low price point. It'd be tricky to create even nine visually distinct constraction figures at such a restrictive price point, let alone 81! And how many would a typical buyer even be willing to buy if masks, simple weapons, and colors were pretty much the only things setting them apart, as with the old-school small sets? It's a puzzle for sure.

Sorry for rambling again. I know this is kinda off-topic (I already generally like G2, so my musings probably aren't what the OP is seeking), but it's something I've given a lot of thought to.

As far as "darkness" in the story is concerned, I agree with some of the commenters who feel G1 was not as dark or mature as many people make it out to be. There was some gratuitous violence in the serials and some cringeworthy one-liners from cartoonishly evil villains in the books and serials (like Mantax's classic "I have no friends. Just enemies I haven't killed yet"), but the visual media generally avoided showing characters suffer graphic or violent deaths and injuries, and even the few times the bad guys won, the overall message was that the good guys would keep fighting on until they prevailed. That's not to say that there was no darkness at all, just that it's often overstated (and that the examples often given tend to include many of the story's weaker moments).

Furthermore, if G1 is the threshold we consider "dark", then the G2 story easily qualifies in its own right. The post-apocalyptic overtones of G2 are presented with a lot less subtlety than they were in the early years of G1, when Mata Nui felt more like a paradise with occasional crises than the desperate remains of a great civilization fallen into ruin, with the capital city as a ruined ghost town where evil now lurks. All six Toa have been stripped of their powers, some of them twice (and that includes their masks being literally shattered, something that hardly ever happened in G1, and certainly not during a climactic battle). And the villains in the second half of 2015 were literally presented as the undead, a concept that was pretty much never broached in G1! In 2016, we've now seen an ancient evil corrupted by power beyond his control into a personification of chaos and destruction, and the aftermath of that looks like it will cause tremendous damage to the very fabric of the island. Overall, the G2 story isn't constantly dark (which is good because frankly a story that's all darkness with no brightness or humor is generally no fun) but it certainly hasn't been all rainbows and sunshine.

• Upvote 3

You... you are joking? Right? Please, please tell me you're joking.

I mean... what? Sure, 2006/2007 was a bit less light-hearted than the rest of G1, but even that was far from dark. Like, do you even read literature? The darkest moment in all of Bionicle, whatever it may be, is sunshine and bunnies compared to like 90% of all other fiction. Ever.

Not even 2006 was dark. It was just... dim.

As for your comment about the lack of animals, it has become painfully obvious that your dislike of G2 stems from self-imposed ignorance. 

OT: I personally love G2, but I'll bite.

I have to agree with Terrorsaur on the count of more mask colors. I'd love to see the 2016 and Protector masks in non-blended variants but rather solid colors like in 2015. I'd also love to see villain small sets in 2017.

Also, please make JtO available somewhere other than Netflix? I'm not asking you to make it free - I'm happy to pay for it as long as I'm not giving money to Netflix...

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I just want more detail, and not generalities or vagueness. It's the details that bring the world to life

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Keep smiling y'all, bionicle is being retired.

Bionicle wave 2 at my Lego store was there for a day, before being shipped back. All of the villians and Ekimu. Shipped BACK.

Not trying to be mean, but everyone needs to understand why the line is not doing well. Quit trying to put on the mask of positivity, because that will not save bionicle now. Think about the rest of the world, beyond this community.

Edited by Tuuli

Bionicle wave 2 at my Lego store was there for a day, before being shipped back. All of the villians and Ekimu. Shipped BACK.

so did you actually ask a person working there or did you just assume they were shipped back

​like is it so out of the question that they sold out

​like I don't go to friggin' target or something to buy a specific transformers figure and when I don't see what i'm looking for go WELL SHOOT GUYS THEY SHIPPED 'EM BACK TO HASBRO. THIS IS HOW IT TOTALLY WORKS GUYS

​EDIT: Also yeah this is off-topic and avoiding the argument.

​EDIT #2: YOU ARE LITERALLY GOING ON A TANGENT NOW.

Edited by Tarn of the DJD

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Not trying to be mean, but everyone needs to understand why the line is not doing well. Quit trying to put on the mask of positivity, because that will not save bionicle now. Think about the rest of the world, beyond this community.

Maybe its not popular in the states and i might sound like an idiot now but it is outside and in PR its popular ive seen manny kinds buying sets and playing with them so no it hasn't been bad and in a set design perspective its better than G1.

Edited by Tahu3.0

tZa6I5y.jpg?1

my Lego store 

[...]

Think about the rest of the world

I love it how you've started refuting your own arguments within the same post.

Also how countless people keep posting hard evidence that the line is doing great in various threads, and all you do is spew condescending insults and baseless accusations of Bionicle getting cancelled with zero ( 0 ) evidence to back it up. Fun discussion we're having...

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

my Lego store 

[...]

Think about the rest of the world

I love it how you've started refuting your own arguments within the same post.

Also how countless people keep posting hard evidence that the line is doing great in various threads, and all you do is spew condescending insults and baseless accusations of Bionicle getting cancelled with zero ( 0 ) evidence to back it up. Fun discussion we're having...

I don't like assuming the worst of anyone, but this really does not sound at all likely. Why would a Lego store ship back anything after just one day? Usually any place would let things be there at least a couple weeks.

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

I don't know anything about LEGO stores shipping sets back after one day, that sounds kinda fishy and it makes me wonder if you have all your information correct. But it's true, LEGO Brand Retail stores will not be stocking the summer Bionicle sets (in fact, I'm surprised yours got them in the first place). From what I've heard on the Brickset Forums, they will not be stocking 76056 Rescue from Ra's Al Ghul from LEGO Super Heroes or some of the summer LEGO Friends sets, either. All these sets will still be available from LEGO.com, but not from LEGO stores. And it doesn't have anything to do with any of those themes being retired.

What do these sets have in common? They are store-exclusive sets. Now, you obviously don't know this, and they don't talk about it much, but LEGO Brand Retail has a… testy relationship with other retailers. The reason for this is obvious: LEGO Brand Retail is owned by LEGO, but it competes with other retailers like Target and Toys 'R' Us that depend on LEGO and vice-versa.

This is a big part of why the LEGO VIP program exists — it's difficult for LEGO to offer markdowns on new LEGO products online or in stores because undercutting other retailers' prices would compromise their relationship with those retailers. However, LEGO wants to give buyers an incentive to shop at LEGO Brand Retail without offering the same markdowns as other retailers do. The solution? Give members of a special program "points" for their purchases which they can later "redeem" for markdowns. That way buyers have an incentive to shop at LEGO Brand Retail even though their hands are tied when it comes to the prices marked on the shelves.

What seems to have happened here is that some store (probably Toys 'R' Us) got upset that LEGO Brand Retail stores are selling sets that they agreed were supposed to be exclusive to Toys 'R' Us, and it reached the point where LEGO was afraid of Toys 'R' Us becoming less cooperative on that and other agreements that both companies benefit from. So LEGO decided to change LEGO Brand Retail's policy on store exclusive sets and no longer stock things that are intended to be exclusive to other retailers. And the new policy just happened to take place partway through this year.

We'll probably never know the exact terms of the new policy, because I'm sure that's the sort of thing both companies would like to keep confidential. But this seems a lot more plausible than "any sets LEGO Brand Retail is open about no longer stocking are lines that are about to be cancelled", because while there's no telling how long Bionicle G2 will last in the long run, LEGO Friends is a gold mine for LEGO and they wouldn't dream of cancelling it when it's still one of their top five themes and has been for years now.

And I don't know what you mean about a "mask of positivity" (as cool a mask power as that would be). If somebody is optimistic about Bionicle's future then that's their business and nobody else's. I have no expectations that this generation of Bionicle will (or should) last ten years. I still think Bionicle MIGHT last past next year — however, I know it's not inevitable. If Bionicle G2 ends after 2017 that'd be kind of sad, for sure, much like when it seemed like Ninjago was only getting two and a half years. But it wouldn't be the end of the world, and I see no point bemoaning things outside our control or throwing around blame for why it couldn't last longer (the sort of negativity that made this community so unpleasant for me the LAST time that Bionicle ended) when it's more fun to just enjoy this generation of Bionicle while it lasts. No matter how long G2 continues, I'm happy that Bionicle got a second chance and that once more, I was able to experience it from the beginning.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 1

I think you are correct Mister Aanchir. I remember that when talking to someone at ToyRUs I was told the reason I couldn't find the latest wave at Barnes & Noble and Target is because they have a contract with ToysRUs for this wave. So accidentally ending up at a Lego store sounds more likely than the Lego store realizing no-one buys them. Lets all drink super excellent soda.

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

The closest Lego store to me is all the way in NYC, which is at least a two hour drive for me. I wasn't even aware of the summer wave stock "issue", but the reasoning Aanchir provided sounds solid.

OT: I really like the G2 sets, and the story is interesting, but I think there are a few things that could increase G2's chances of lasting into 2018. I like to think that G1 started off extremely strong because of the amount of immersion of the theme. In addition to the sets, there were lots novels, animations, and games, and a "collectibility" factor (which were the hundreds of different masks, krana, and kraata to collect). G2 only has novels and animations, and while they are high in quality, I feel that they don't provide as much immersion as G2 initially did.

Also, I don't think G1 was dark or "edgy" at all. It was definitely complex, but it was far from dark.

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

Better (and more) music, better (and more) games, and better (and more) atmosphere. I think those three things would cinch it for me.

I have found the atmosphere of G2 to be pretty good all things considered, but to the other two I can definitely agree. Music is one area where I feel G2 has been lacking.

• Upvote 2