Umarak the Destroyer Character Video Released on Facebook

The official LEGO Bionicle Facebook page was updated this morning with a 15-second character video for Umarak the Destroyer, using clips and music from the upcoming episodes of LEGO Bionicle: The Journey to One. Some of the clips include ambiguous elements that should be ripe for discussion and speculation. How well do you think Umarak fared in the leap from building set to CGI animation, and what do you think of his transformation from Hunter to Destroyer? Follow the link above to check out the video clip, then visit the Talkback topic to share your thoughts!

View the full article

• Upvote 3

Ayy, the hype train has commenced "off-the-rail" mode! 

I can't wait for people with larger displays and more free time to analyse the Karzahni out of every frame of this trailer. What is that golden piece of metal? What is that purple glowing cube like thing?

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

WHOA.

Umarak looks good in CGI. I really wish that he had all those crystal spikes in set form though. 

Also, in one shot, Umarak is holding [spoiler ALERT]

A shard of golden metal. On first glance, it appears to be a piece of Ekimu's Mask of Creation.

Upon further inspection, however, it's actually a piece of Tahu's shoulder pad. Interesting.

The visuals give me this dark, spooky vibe that I wasn't getting while I watched the prior episodes, so maybe it's going to actually get serious. The last two episodes fell flat for me because they felt rushed, and the dialogue was cringey.

(Seriously, making a series kid-friendly shouldn't mean dumbing down the vocabulary in the dialogue.  <_<)

Hopefully, the folks working on the series listened to the fans, so that this half of the season (I refuse to even consider calling it season two) is high-quality and well-written.

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

Great trailer, and wondering if the shard is a piece of a mask, or keystone, or something of the sort.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

...is that tall!Ekimu's chestplate?  That doesn't bode well.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Wow! Umarak looks so much better than his set form in the video!:D I like the fact that he has spikes on him. Reminds me of Doomsday from the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie or just DC Comics in general. Perhaps we could definitely call him Doomarak or Umarak the Doom-bringer. Lol.:P

There are some things that I noticed, too:

1. Umarak is holding a piece of a golden object. Seems to be a piece of the Mask of Creation.

2. Umarak can create some kind of acid from his claws.

3. Umarak is holding a glowing purple and black thing. Perhaps he is planning to open a portal as seen when he is controlling a purple blob-like thing? I'm thinking that the object could be equivalent to the Realm Crystal from Ninjago.

4. I wonder how he got the spikes on his body? Perhaps when he absorbs or gets hit by something, he grows stronger, also similar to Doomsday? I could quite tell by looking at his shadow at the end of the episode where he got and started wearing the Mask of Control.

5. Umarak's head is bigger than Pohatu's head. Perhaps again because he gets stronger?

It looks like that Pohatu is going to fight Umarak alone, Superman-vs.-Doomsday or Wheeljack-vs.-Hardshell-from Transformers:-Prime style. Oh, boy. If Pohatu dies, this would be both like the BvS movie and extremely sad, but I doubt that's gonna happen.

Anyway, it seems that Pohatu is going to make up for his mistake from the episode where he let Umarak take the Mask of Control unintentionally.

Also anyway, I can't for the new episodes! The first ones may be light, but things seems to go more heavy and more epic!:D

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like these next few episodes are going to be action-packed. Umarak the Destroyer looks great in this art style. I find the last shot of him especially intriguing. Is he conjuring an interdimensional portal or something? Looks like there will be some kind of MacGuffin Umarak will be collecting as well. 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg