THEORY: The logic in Skull Scorpio's ugly tail

EDIT: Argh, the title got cut off. It was originally "THEORY: Skull Scorpio’s awful looking tail, and why it may actually make sense". If an admin/mod could shorten it to, say, "THEORY: The logic in Skull Scorpio's ugly tail" or something, I'd be quite grateful.

001.jpg

Ah yes, Skull Skorpio, with his aesthetically unappealing Technic whatever-the-heck tacked onto his legs...

...wait, his legs?

Oh yeah. This is something I presumed the moment I saw Skull Scorpio. His tail being attached to that torso bone's pelvis via what appear to be skeletal thighs, brought up an interesting idea... What if those were his thighs?

The Skull Army are reanimated, re-amalgamated skeletal warriors, crafted from the remains of ancient Okotoan residents by Kulta's dark magical powers (as denoted by the glowing orange patches on their undead bodies). But what's to say these skeletons we see bumbling around on Okoto are in the original layout that they were when they were buried? What's to say that Kulta didn't take a little bit of creative license when magicking up his spooky soldiers?

My idea is that Skull Scorpios were originally humanoid skeletons, which were then reassembled by Kulta on their backs. Legs were attached to and grown from what were their spines, and their heads and arms were twisted back to face up away from the body. The original legs were left as only thighs, to which the mechanical clamping tails, amalgamated from other mechanical components in the earth, were attached to what were originally their knees. In short, Skull Scorpios are incredibly unnatural, eldritch abominations, which spit in the face of anatomy and logic.

So, yeah, that's how I envision it. Or at least, that's how I try and make sense of why the heck Skull Scorpio's tail looks so goshdarn awful.

TL;DR My idea is that Skull Scorpios used to be regular skeletons, but were reformed on their backs with big mechanical pinching weapons attached onto what were their knees.

Edited by Logan McOwen
  • Upvote 8

Wow yeah, I really like this theory! When these sets were coming out the idea that skull scorpio was made of amalgams of bones and body parts was floating around but I really like the idea that this is just someone's original body twisted and altered.

The scorpion legs coming out of the side could be their original ribs that when resurrected got torn open and turned into appendages, which explains why the set doesn't have mobility in them. I can see the entire humanoid shape still in there, now turned into this scorpion figure.

Edited by Banana Gunz
  • Upvote 1

They are attacking with their fused legs, walking on their elongated ribs with their head, shoulders and arms largely intact. We established this.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

As much as I like this theory and henceforth consider it to be in my headcanon, I disagree on the point that the tail is ugly.

I mean, it isn't streamlined or sleek, but that isn't the point with the reanimated Skull army, right? Maybe I just like exposed Technic...

:kakama:

• Upvote 2

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

walking on their elongated ribs

Well that explains why they can't move the bloody things! :v

They move forward by rippling their spine like a breakdancer doing the worm. The first pair lifts and settles, then the second, then the third.

What, what do you mean they walked like insects in the shorts? Blasphemy!

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Totally agree. I like the idea of Kulta piecing together bodies and having gruesome fun with it. With my recent re-play-through of DeadSpace, I can clearly see the "thighs" on the tail with some similarity to enemies in that game. 

• Upvote 3

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell