LEGO Lifts Lid on BrickHeadz

USA Today has the exclusive reveal of a new collectible series being released by LEGO. Called 'BrickHeadz,' the line features cartoony versions of superheroes (although I'm guessing we'll see it expand) that you can collect, build, and display. The first sets will be available exclusively at San Diego Comic Con and will include Batman, The Joker, Superman, and Wonder Woman from DC and Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Captain America, and Iron Man from Marvel. We'll have more information to share about how you can get these later today! Is this the type of line you'd be interested in? Let us know in the Talkback!

View the full article

I will only ever be interested in this if they made (at least one) Bionicle character. I'd be curious to see how they pull off the transition from technic/ccbs to brick-built, however based on some of the great hybrid MOCs seen on this site alone, it could be done pretty well.

I'd totally buy a Pohatu Brickhead. Beyond that? Meh.

They would need to resort to only using licensed themes for this to keep it interesting, or stick to their more thematic lines like Ninjago or Nexo Knights. Who would buy a Brickhead based on City or something? Star Wars Brickheads are something that will obviously pop-up. Unfortunately, Lego doesn't have anything in its licensed line-up I care about enough to want one of these - the only Lego thing that currently interests me is Bionicle.

However, if they expand their license deals, there is potential for this - Mass Effect, Star Trek, maybe even Titanfall. I know there is 0% chance for any of this, but those are three examples of licensed brickhead products I'd buy in a heartbeat...

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Y'know, at first I was thinking, "this sounds lame" but when I saw the pictures I thought, "hey, these are kinda cute" but they're still not anything I'd bother spending my money on. I can't say I'd buy bionicle brickheads cause my favorite part about bionicle is the constraction, so even if they did make bionicle brickheads, I wouldn't buy them.

Kopaka.png

stone_good.png

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Strange, I could have sworn I saw Mega Bloks do this. :P

They did — they have their own collector-aimed figures with "bobblehead" proportions called Kubros.

Even though there's little doubt that similar big-headed products played a role in the LEGO Group's decision to put figures like these to market in 2017, the LEGO Group did something similar with some of their previous event exclusive sets, in that case using the "CubeDude" character template by Angus MacLane. These new figures are instead based on the "Block Heads" of MOCist-turned-designer Austin Carlson.