BZP 2016 Spinny

Taria Pakari

It has finally been revealed (and I totally haven't been creeping threads by Hapori just waiting to find out what it would be :v). The 2016 spinny is none other than...

15year.gif The Mask of Control!

Very good choice IMO given the significance of the mask for this year's story. I like the orange tint it seems to have to it, too. Whether it was deliberate or not, it gives me a vibe of how he looked in the first animation.

So, what do you guys think of it? What would you have liked to see instead?

• Upvote 3

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

(and I totally haven't been creeping threads by Hapori just waiting to find out what it would be :v).

I've been doing that too, heh.

About the spinny, I was almost positive they were gonna do Ekimu's mask, being gold and all, so it's a friendly surprise.

2xu8Ptu.png

I really like this idea. I'm still a bit bummed that the fourteen-year one was Gali's mask instead of the Mask of Creation, but I can appreciate this one.

• Upvote 1

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

About the spinny, I was almost positive they were gonna do Ekimu's mask, being gold and all, so it's a friendly surprise.

Mask of Creation is so last year.

But...so is the mask of control, right? Or did it still have some role in the 2016 story? I didn't pay much attention to it at all, so I don't know =P

Or was this just sarcasm that I missed...

2xu8Ptu.png

Mask of Creation is so last year.

But...so is the mask of control, right? Or did it still have some role in the 2016 story? I didn't pay much attention to it at all, so I don't know =P

Or was this just sarcasm that I missed...

The Mask of Control was released as a physical mask at the beginning of this year.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Really good choice! Too bad I have to suffer through years of this Hero Factory nonsense spinning under my account to get back the Bionicle spinnies... Oh well, either way, I'm definitely holding out long enough to see this little mask!

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Quick question. Since the news has dropped to many's disappointment, what will be done about future spinnies? The ones that have been chosen tie into the story of that year and the years' sets. What shall we do about that?

t5pQDlO.jpg

Quick question. Since the news has dropped to many's disappointment, what will be done about future spinnies? The ones that have been chosen tie into the story of that year and the years' sets. What shall we do about that?

Fingers crossed we get Lego Batman head to commemorate the new movie next year. It would be nice if the staff ask the members for their opinions on what the new spinny should be. Whatever it is, just hope it looks as smooth as this years one.

Fingers crossed we get Lego Batman head to commemorate the new movie next year. It would be nice if the staff ask the members for their opinions on what the new spinny should be. Whatever it is, just hope it looks as smooth as this years one.

I love it. - Batman, The LEGO Batman Movie
  • Upvote 1

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I don't think that's a question we'll be able answer until we get there. If something new and constraction-related comes out between now and then, the spinny will probably come from that. Otherwise, I don't know; perhaps there's an important Bionicle mask that just hasn't gotten its time in the spotlight.

On the topic of future spinnies, I'd prefer if the staff just picked from the massive wealth of G1 and G2 masks instead of other Lego property. Personally I'm a tad ruffled by the fact that there will be hero factory (eugh) heads under my profile. The last thing I need is even more non-Bionicle spinnies. There are plenty of unused masks to pick from. 

Plus, I'd love to see a Mask of Ultimate Power spinny as tribute next year.

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Pohaturon, it would be awesome to see a Mask of Ultimate Power spinny. It would be even cooler if they could incorporate the aura in the spin.

I don't think that's a question we'll be able answer until we get there. If something new and constraction-related comes out between now and then, the spinny will probably come from that. Otherwise, I don't know; perhaps there's an important Bionicle mask that just hasn't gotten its time in the spotlight.

That makes a lot of sense. At this point, waiting does seem like the best option. "Wait and hope."

• Upvote 1

t5pQDlO.jpg