BrickFair 2011 Coverage

teaser.jpg

BrickCon just wrapped up in Seattle last weekend, just in time to remind me I hadn't posted my BrickFair pictures yet! As always the event was a lot of fun and I highly recommend it to and LEGO fan who can make it. Beyond that though, I'll let me over six hundred pictures do the talking. Sorry for the delay, but I hope you enjoy anyway!

View the full article

Ah, BrickFair was really great this year! I drove each day (except Saturday), and I was entertained the whole time. I entered 3 models, and I got a lot of positive comments on them, so I was really happy. ^.^ I stopped by the BZPower table, which had some pretty cool stuff on it I must say!

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

WAHOO! BZPOWER`S BACK! Unfortunately, I don't know where the topic for this announcement is, so I'll just celebrate right here! :br: :happydance: :onfire: :smeag: These new forums look great! Alright, before I get flagged for spamming, I shall right myself. Hmm...Brickfair's looking pretty nice. I like the orange and lime green creatures (and their exorbitant use of Hero Factory pieces). Although I'm still drooling over Roa McToa's new creation from BrickCon.

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

Sounds like you guys had a good time. I hope to be able to make it next year.

-

:l: :flagcanada:

I'll definitely be there. I might enter some Hero Factory models, once I get my Ferrari put back together after the earthquake destroyed it. I'll certainly be glad to see any fellow BZPower member at BrickFair if you can come! :happydance:

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Oh, and there will also be a BrickFair convention in Alabama next year, so if you live too far south, don't worry! :P I won't be there, because I can't easily get to Alabama. It's not at the same time of year as BrickFair Virginia, as it is in January instead of August. I hope some people will check it out, if they are able to get to that area. There is more information here if you are interested. Will BZPower go to Alabama? I'm just wondering.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Oh, BrickFair. When do I begin? Thylon and I spending two hours going through one bin of parts? Xaeraz and Zatth having everyone else try on their hats at once? Me rubbing a minifigure plushie on Zatth's head to the chant of "PLUSHIE PLUSHIE PLUSHIE"? Chasing a Zamor catapulted by Sisen and finally catching it on the sixteenth hop? 55555 and Toa Velox trying in vain to adjust a "horrible pose" on one of my MOCs, only to have it break? Seeing ChocolateFrogs baffled as Zatth asked "HOW IS BABBY FORMED?" (xccj had the best answer) Black Six singing into my life-sized BIONICLE microphone prop? (actually that one was just scary) Fun, fun times. (Not a sentiment my feet would readily agree with, to be honest.) Very thorough coverage, I must say. Well done.

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Some of the staff are considering making the trip to Alabama, but it definitely won't be as big of a group as at the Virginia event.

That's cool to know. Do you (or anybody) know what kinds of BIONICLE set up (tables, vendors, etc.) will be there?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Oh, BrickFair. When do I begin? Chasing a Zamor catapulted by Sisen and finally catching it on the sixteenth hop? Seeing ChocolateFrogs baffled as Zatth asked "HOW IS BABBY FORMED?" (xccj had the best answer)

How is Babby formed was amazing! Also Zatth's awesome Kazoo cover of Final Countdown while waiting for the Door-prizes =D Hopefully again next year!

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Every time BZP posts pictures of these events, I regret my generaly position in the UK, and my lack of ever being in the US. Good to see that there are still a lot of Bionicle creations there though, I particularly like the various rahi. That apocalego theme is particularly fascinating, but loads of this stuff is awesome. Wish I could have been there so badly :none:

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Every time BZP posts pictures of these events, I regret my generaly position in the UK, and my lack of ever being in the US. Good to see that there are still a lot of Bionicle creations there though, I particularly like the various rahi. That apocalego theme is particularly fascinating, but loads of this stuff is awesome. Wish I could have been there so badly :none:

Hey, you could go to LEGO World if you were in Denmark! I've heard that's it's amazing. It's also sponsored by LEGO themselves I believe. You might want to check that out if you are unable to make it to any US LEGO conventions. ;)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I was at Brickfair! I'm that guy in the tan-and-brown Tye-dye shirt. It was awesome, and the only thing I would change from my first experience there is take more money and buy more stuff. :P Also getting a gunmetal Kraahkan rox'rd my soxrz. (somehow I managed to miss all the stuff Sumiki listed)

-JustGeorge-, coming to a public eye near you, sometime this millennia...

I'll be going next year. I'm going to bring an awesome Hero Factory Hydra MOC that I've been working on in the past 3 days. I just need 2 more Raw-Jaw sets to make the two other heads for the thing. It's about a foot and a half when standing up.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick