Brick Built MOUP

While I was building my entry for the Makuta contest, I decided to actually build the MOUP using system pieces.  It isn't perfect but it stands in well.  I've thought about it for a while and decided to share the LDD file.  Feel free to use this design on your own Makuta entry if you like.

http://www.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/192a4eaf-2491-4a13-8b80-ea5747239994?index=1    (may still be pending)

Edit: While we wait for part of LEGO's staff to approve the post in the gallery, here are some pictures.

13882418_1748520712062920_4841293934061613669157_1748520742062917_40204028149121

13892053_1748520768729581_91137099592101

(note I had to leave the mask on the left in the file, even though it isn't the final design, because the file wouldn't upload if I deleted it) :shrugs:

If you find a way to improve the design, please share it with the rest of us, thanks.

I wish everyone the best of luck in the contest and may the best MOC win.

Update: Added eyes as suggested by Master Inika.

13938580_1751771788404479_1813565553799713895200_1751771821737809_55884870538953

Eyes are held in by the spikes (tested with physical bricks and it works).

Edited by Rakrondewl
  • Upvote 5

That's pretty good for a mask made with system bricks that's kept close to the scale of your average G2 Mask of Power. It's a good template for a potential "real deal."

Thank you.  It does work well as a stand in for the mask, my only complaint is that I couldn't figure out how to make the eyes.

It looks really good for what it is. Captures the shape and feel of the mask really well. I might just use this if I end up figuring out and building JtO Makuta.

Thanks a lot man, and great job!

-NotS

Thank you for your compliments.  I look forward to seeing your Makuta, I'm confident you'll figure it out.

You are welcome, thank you sir.

By the way I believe tourmalinex is working on a 3d print version of the mask if you are interested.

-RAKRONDEWL

This is really awesome. I am very impressed with the fact that it's size is about what it should be for the sets. Also making masks out of system is never a easy job so well done.

Onvermel

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

This is really awesome. I am very impressed with the fact that it's size is about what it should be for the sets. Also making masks out of system is never a easy job so well done.

Onvermel

Thank you for your generous compliments.  The result surprises me as well, as it only took approximately 15 min. to conceptualize, build, and refine; I still wish I could figure something out for the eyes.

Onvermel

Thank you for your generous compliments.  The result surprises me as well, as it only took approximately 15 min. to conceptualize, build, and refine; I still wish I could figure something out for the eyes.

It's very impressive you could make this in so little time. That shows an enviable creativity and understanding of how to make System work for you. I definitely couldn't make something like that, let alone so quickly.

As for the eyes, I would suggest using maybe trans-red cheese slopes. I'm not sure how you would incorporate them to the mask at this point, though.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Onvermel

It's very impressive you could make this in so little time. That shows an enviable creativity and understanding of how to make System work for you. I definitely couldn't make something like that, let alone so quickly.

As for the eyes, I would suggest using maybe trans-red cheese slopes. I'm not sure how you would incorporate them to the mask at this point, though.

Thank you for your generous compliments as well.  Unfortunately, there is not room to fit cheese slopes in the space, but that would undoubtedly look the best.

In this topic you can see my Makuta and the MOUP made with physical bricks; I will update it with more photos after I take more tomorrow.  http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/23086-moc-makuta-master-of-ultimate-power/

Edited by Rakrondewl

This is quite the impressive creation here. I have never seen a mask made out of system bricks so not only is this an original idea (as far as I know), It's execution is also quite well done! So hats off to you, kind sir.

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

This is quite the impressive creation here. I have never seen a mask made out of system bricks so not only is this an original idea (as far as I know), It's execution is also quite well done! So hats off to you, kind sir.

Thank you for your generous compliments.  I have seen some other brick built masks, but I don't believe it is that common, so I can't take credit for it being original.