Lego: JtO is the End of G2

Iruini Nuva

Haha, knew this was going to happen. Generation 2 was never going to last the decade that Generation 1 did and honestly, it deserved to happen. Bring back Generation 1 and Greg Farshtey, Lego! And continue where it left off. I still say that where the story ended in 2010 was the perfect reboot of sorts on Spherus Magna. Oh, well. I'll just keep making my films set in the original storyline anyway.

Edited by TheShadowedOne1

Well this is not a surprise, I would like to say thank you to the people who told me in my topic "well the end is near again" that I was basically stupid and didn't know what I was talking about, so yea thanks because guess who was right, me. And some of the smartest people on this website were 100% wrong, "nah it can't end because Lego themes go for a minimum of three years, you're wrong" LOL completely wrong, and I bet those same people will respond with "it's just a hoax it can't end because it hasn't been three years"........if that happens well you will be wrong again. Here is that topic for your viewing pleasure, and for the people that said I was basically stupid, I was right: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/22422-the-end-is-near-again/

It's very sad to see the theme ended for a second time, but things happen and I guess that I hope it comes back for a third hurrah someday.

Thankyou Bionicle for the memories once again.

• Upvote 2

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

Dang it. I wanted to see where the G2 story would go from here. It was starting to get super interesting. Not to mention we'll never see or know the true purpose of the Mask of Time, a physical version of the Mask of Ultimate Power or get an official Makuta set. Sure, that contest is cool and all but it doesn't really make up for this. This isn't a "ceremonious farewell"; it's just as unsatisfying and rushed as last time. I just can't accept that these summer sets are the final ones for this reboot. At least the Stars commemorated something... I'm getting Exo-Force vibes and that's the one thing I did not want to feel with this new line.

Okay, I haven't seen those last two episodes yet so I can't really comment on how well the story is wrapped up. I'm going to do that and maybe I can accept this being the conclusion. It's just... two years seems way too short. They needed a third year to round it all out, provide a proper set-up for an ACTUAL conclusion. 

Dang it.

-NotS

• Upvote 4

tahubanner.jpg

guess who was right, me

[and etc]

Your maturity is inspiring.

Anywho, it's pretty surprising to see the series cut off like this.  I was expecting at least a story for 2017, it seemed like episode 4 might be a condensed version of what that year might've looked like (emphasizing Destiny, looking for the fragments of the MoUP).  It's stunning, really.  Hasn't totally sunk in.

Oh well, I guess it's time to settle in again.  What's our coping mechanism this time?

• Upvote 1

guess who was right, me

[and etc]

Anywho, it's pretty surprising to see the series cut off like this.  I was expecting at least a story for 2017, it seemed like episode 4 might be a condensed version of what that year might've looked like (emphasizing Destiny, looking for the fragments of the MoUP).  It's stunning, really.  Hasn't totally sunk in.

Oh well, I guess it's time to settle in again.  What's our coping mechanism this time?

Lol please, most of us are adults here. We don't "cope", we just awkwardly never face our problems until the depression sets in and drains our lives completely of value.

And of course there's always madness. Vezon seems like he hasn't got it too bad.

• Upvote 2

guess who was right, me

[and etc]

Lol please, most of us are adults here. We don't "cope", we just awkwardly never face our problems until the depression sets in and drains our lives completely of value.

That's why I wanted to ask for an alternative! D:

• Upvote 1

That's why I wanted to ask for an alternative! D:

Uh...before I get to an alternative, let me just say that while that's accurate, I wish it wasn't. People need to just let go and move past a problem and worry about other things. I don't see any heresy in saying that there's more to life than just Lego. We all love Lego and Bionicle, but unless you're under the age of 12, I refuse to believe that this is the most important issue in your life that you have to cope with right now.

That being said, I am sad to see the line go, but to be frank I'm a college student and I just don't really have the freetime to constantly be concerned with what's happening with Lego or Bionicle.

As for an alternative, just because new story lines aren't being produced doesn't mean that you can't still use your pieces and imagination to create your own new adventures or write your own Expanded Universe with it. Or even just go socialize and hang out with your friends! Get up and active, go find something else that captures your imagination.

I will end this with a quote:

"Bickering won't help us" - Nokama, 2005

• Upvote 1

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

guess who was right, me

[and etc]

Ok.. Well since you tried insulting me, I just went back through my topic to see if you had told me I was wrong but you weren't there, so I would like to be the bigger person here and I would like to give you an honest thank you for not being one of those people that told me I was wrong in that topic.

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

guess who was right, me

[and etc]

Ok.. Well since you tried insulting me, I just went back through my topic to see if you had told me I was wrong but you weren't there, so I would like to be the bigger person here and I would like to give you an honest thank you for not being one of those people that told me I was wrong in that topic.

You weren't really "right" either though. It was a 50/50 guess anyone could make

I'm not really surprised just really bummed we aren't getting a final year or at least a final wave of sets. I really would have loved a makuta set. That Titan build in JtO is awesome and when I saw the contest video, I got really excited to get that next year. Oh well. G2 was a good run. I really did enjoy the last two years. It was nice to relive an important piece of my youth as an adult. I'm glad we got the sets that we did, they truly were incredible.

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

So, like, is anyone actually suprised by this?

I'm getting quite annoyed by your constant "laugh into their face" mocking questions you give to anybody who likes or supports Generation 2. I don't mind the most hating hater on the planet but I really don't like bullies.

But to answer your "question" - Yes, yes I am surprised and shocked by this. Why? Because to this day I stand by my earlier comments that there were no conclusive indications that Generation 2 were to end this soon. Everything the doomsayers claimed to hint at such an instant death of Generation 2 was inconclusive and it could have been interpreted in many different ways other than an imminent doom.

Now obviously, the doomsayers were right and doomsday happened. But I nevertheless write this post with my head up and without shame because even now I am convinced that saying that the doomsayers didn't have conclusive indications to back up their claims - in other words having a higher quality standard for assessing the conclusiveness of reports and testimony - was the right thing to do and it was a higher quality approach.

But doomsday did happen, does that not say everything for itself? No, it doesn't - a better methodology doesn't guarantee a successful prediction, it only increases its chance. And mathematically speaking, everything that isn't guaranteed can fail. And it failed. But that doesn't mean that I will lower my standard for accepting something as conclusive.

Let me give an example - weather forecasts fail sometimes. So if a weather forecast would fail to predict the weather next week, but a common man, who had a quarter liter of gin on a Friday evening made a guess about the weather, which turned out to be correct. Does that mean that computer climate models and satellite imagery are useless and we all should just drink gin in order to predict weather? Of course not. One lucky uneducated guess and one unlucky educated guess is not enough to claim a precedent.

Now I realize that this post of mine is a little defensive but I felt that I had to express that I am not hiding in a corner, full of shame that the doomsayers, which I criticized were right. In this thread I have witnessed a disturbing trend that some former doomsayers now start lusting for revenge on those, who criticized them earlier. I just wanted to show to people that the optimists shouldn't and aren't drowning in shame, for we did nothing wrong. There really was nothing conclusive that would point to this cataclysm.

But the cataclysm happened and I guess it is now time for me to give my thoughts about it. Some said that they don't consider the cancellation of Generation 2 such a cataclysm, that they really don't mind it. Well I do mind it. Bionicle is the only LEGO theme I am interested in now, when I'm an adult. And I bet it will forever remain the only one of these, because when it comes to LEGO Bionice, it is the "Bionicle" that draws my attention, not the "LEGO". Now this is not some sort of life shattering catastrophe to me, but nevertheless I am very sad. Bionicle is my favorite franchise of all and the worst thing about this is that now it is truly dead  :crying:

In 2010 Bionicle entered a stasis, a stasis that was broken 5 years later, however I am quite convinced that there will never be any Generation 3, that official Bionicle has now truly died. Why? Because if they cancelled it this quickly, even before its planned three year run, even without a goodbye wave, it means that it was extremely unsuccessful. The phenomenal success of Generation 1 was the only reason we got Generation 2. The problem is, that if they ever considered a new generation of Bionicle again, they wouldn't look at Generation 1 anymore, they would look at the most recent data - Generation 2. And if Generation 2 was this unsuccessful I really don't see how there could ever be a Generation 3. Official Bionicle has truly died yesterday  :crying:

But this is not the end of Bionicle, for there is still unofficial Bionicle - fan created Bionicle. We have fan literature that rivals official literature, we have mocs that rival official sets, we have fan animations, that rival official animations, we have fan games that rival official games. In 10 - 20 years we will have affordable home 3D printers, which print high quality materials, then we can also print any piece we design - a piece of superior quality to the originals - and that will eliminate piece shortage once and for all. I am quite confident that the future of unofficial, fan Bionicle looks bright and Bionicle will live as long as there are fans who remember it and who won't cease to love it. What is there to say more? I think I said all that came to my mind right now, I'm sure that I'll have more thoughts about this later on but for now, with no hopes for official Bionicle and high hopes for unofficial Bionicle I will simply end this post with a phrase that describes this weekend in my opinion the best:

BIONICLE IS DEAD, LONG LIVE BIONICLE!

• Upvote 2

IhDIrLK.jpg

Bionicle is my favorite franchise of all and the worst thing about this is that now it is truly dead  :crying:

In 2010 Bionicle entered a stasis, a stasis that was broken 5 years later, however I am quite convinced that there will never be any Generation 3, that official Bionicle has now truly died. Why? Because if they cancelled it this quickly, even before its planned three year run, even without a goodbye wave, it means that it was extremely unsuccessful. The phenomenal success of Generation 1 was the only reason we got Generation 2. The problem is, that if they ever considered a new generation of Bionicle again, they wouldn't look at Generation 1 anymore, they would look at the most recent data - Generation 2. And if Generation 2 was this unsuccessful I really don't see how there could ever be a Generation 3. Official Bionicle has truly died yesterday  :crying:

But this is not the end of Bionicle, for there is still unofficial Bionicle - fan created Bionicle. We have fan literature that rivals official literature, we have mocs that rival official sets, we have fan animations, that rival official animations, we have fan games that rival official games. In 10 - 20 years we will have affordable home 3D printers, which print high quality materials, then we can also print any piece we design - a piece of superior quality to the originals - and that will eliminate piece shortage once and for all. I am quite confident that the future of unofficial, fan Bionicle looks bright and Bionicle will live as long as there are fans who remember it and who won't cease to love it. What is there to say more? I think I said all that came to my mind right now, I'm sure that I'll have more thoughts about this later on but for now, with no hopes for official Bionicle and high hopes for unofficial Bionicle I will simply end this post with a phrase that describes this weekend in my opinion the best:

This part has been weighing on my mind, too. One can hope that maybe lego will be inclined to think "Clearly, we dropped the ball that time, and it's not the line itself that's to blame," but... that's probably wishful thinking.

I've said this already, but I'm DEFINITELY going to do my part and continue Nova Orbis, now.

Edited by NickonAquaMagna

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Bionicle is my favorite franchise of all and the worst thing about this is that now it is truly dead  :crying:

This part has been weighing on my mind, too. One can hope that maybe lego will be inclined to think "Clearly, we dropped the ball that time, and it's not the line itself that's to blame," but... that's probably wishful thinking.

I've said this already, but I'm DEFINITELY going to do my part and continue Nova Orbis, now.

I think Lego is smart enough to know that Bionicle has the potential to be a very lucrative IP, as it once was. With luck, they'll see where they went wrong and G3 will return with a vengeance.

Also Nova Orbis is best Orbis.

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

Well this is #####.

Absolutely ##### #####.

And it happened right when I can't get on Netflix to watch the last two episodes. -__-

Meh, guess I'll just dig myself a hole and wait for G3 to come and be the post-2006 Bionicle that I grew up on. Surprised I didn't get any cuts from all of the edge that was there.

(Really though, Lego?! Talk about awful corporate transparency; even Wizards of the Coast at least tell the player base "we aren't doing X anymore because Y made it bad", this is just "##### you guys, this line is rubbish and we can't even be asked to tell you why it went so bad or even how bad it was lol, better cough up stupid money for the licenced Star Wars constraction sets now, roflmao")

/rant

Apologies for the bad language, I blame the Endless Sky Steam community.

Back to lurking, then.

Edited by War Machine
  • Upvote 3

VBWj75sh.png