What would you like G3 to be about?

Now that Bionicle has ended (AGAIN), I would like to ask this question: If Bionicle is rebooted in Generation 3, how would you want it? Would you want a fresh story with all-new characters and storyline, or a continuation of the previous storylines? And if it is a continuation, which Generation would you want the reboot to follow, G1 or G2?

As for me, I would like it to be a continuation of the original G1 we all know and love, with the story of G2 somehow worked into the whole story, for example the original Toa could have disappeared for centuries in Spherus Magna so they could be at Okoto.

What about you?

The Raidmaster

I'd kind of like to see a story similar to a mix of 2001 and 2004--the Toa are summoned to fight a corrupt society on an island city, the leader of which is secretly a member of a cult who wants to resurrect the long-dormant Makuta, who is basically made out as the devil in the Matoran religion. I'd also like to see Takanuva return, as well as a new team of Toa who utilize a secondary set of elements; one of whom is Voriki for the lolz. And, finally, I want Lewa to be a Toa of air again and for Pohatu to become a Toa of iron so I don't have to scratch my head over how his powers are different from Onua's.

I don't want a G3. And after the disaster that was G2, there won't be one anyway

Lego stated via Twitter that Bionicle may return, and the end of JtO sounds like a hint toward a future reboot. Apparently, that is the way of the Bionicle: return, get cancelled, wait a few years, then return again. Only time will tell if Lego will actually follow up on that hint, though.

Edited by Sir Keksalot
  • Upvote 3

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

Bionicles.

In Space.

Now, before someone drops a quippy comment about G1 technically being in space, I mean actual space. Like space opera. Like spaceships. Like Star Trek, but with Bionicles, mono-biome planets attuned to a given element, the Makuta being an extra-galactic race of invaders and so on.

I don't want a G3. And after the disaster that was G2, there won't be one anyway

"I don't like thing therefore thing is objectively bad and obviously thing will never return"

Didn't you try to call me out on disregarding opposing opinions (and failing) in another thread?

:kakama:

• Upvote 5

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

"I don't like thing therefore thing is objectively bad and obviously thing will never return"

Didn't you try to call me out on disregarding opposing opinions (and failing) in another thread?

Alright - first of all: calm yourself. Your toy is gone, and it's not coming back anytime soon

Second of all - Bionicle G2 was a disaster. That is why it is being cancelled after only2 years

Third - How did I try calling you out? By laughing at the fact that you used the word "disgusting"?

• Upvote 2

Alright - first of all: calm yourself. Your toy is gone, and it's not coming back anytime soon

Second of all - Bionicle G2 was a disaster. That is why it is being cancelled after only2 years

Third - How did I try calling you out? By laughing at the fact that you used the word "disgusting"?

That is exactly the problem with your post - by laughing - you constantly laugh into the face of anybody who has an opinion that differs from yours. That is very insensitive, offensive and one might say even bullyish.

• Upvote 6

IhDIrLK.jpg

That is exactly the problem with your post - by laughing - you constantly laugh into the face of anybody who has an opinion that differs from yours. That is very insensitive, offensive and one might say even bullyish.

Honestly, just grow up

• Upvote 1

Honestly, just grow up

That you have no response other than "shut up" attests to the fact that you have no grounds to stand on here.

• Upvote 8

That you have no response other than "shut up" attests to the fact that you have no grounds to stand on here.

Believe me, I was not implying that I want him to shut up. I was saying that I think that it's time for the users of this site to freaking grow up

This is a toy site, and the average user age, from what I've seen, is in their mid twenties. What does that show?

Edited by Jaek_3

Second of all - Bionicle G2 was a disaster. 

I see you are still incapable of grasping the concept of an opinion.

Again

Honestly, just grow up

Right. A commercial product is cancelled, people who enjoyed said product are understandably disappointed, and you make a point of declaring said commercial product objectively bad in the face of the fans just to seem edgy or derivative, or to get some attention we're unfortunately giving you in spite of better judgement.

And you're telling me to grow up?

Honestly, based on your usual posts, I'm guessing you're not even the run-of-the-mill degenerate internet troll. You're just extremely jaded, cynical and more than likely allergic to happiness. I pity you.

Here's a thought - if growing up means being more like you, I hope I never do.

Edited by Pohaturon
  • Upvote 4

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

Again

Honestly, just grow up

Yes. I am. That's exactly what I'm doing.

Bionicle is a toy; if you're being triggered by something related to a toy, then it really is time to grow up

Again

Honestly, just grow up

Bionicle is a toy; if you're being triggered by something related to a toy, then it really is time to grow up

Right, so having a hobby and not being happy when the object of said hobby is discontinued means I am juvenile.

Dear god I hope I never sink to your level.

• Upvote 5

Believe me, I was not implying that I want him to shut up. I was saying that I think that it's time for the users of this site to freaking grow up

This is a toy site, and the average user age, from what I've seen, is in their mid twenties. What does that show?

I'd advise you stop before you end up getting yourself banned, because the road you're going down will only lead to that.

Meanwhile, getting back on topic:

Bionicles.

In Space.

Now, before someone drops a quippy comment about G1 technically being in space, I mean actual space. Like space opera. Like spaceships. Like Star Trek, but with Bionicles, mono-biome planets attuned to a given element, the Makuta being an extra-galactic race of invaders and so on.

That would be pretty cool. Imagine the space-themed masks we'd get from that.

• Upvote 2

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

You were shutting him out and trying to turn the accusations to him and away from you.

Um...you're here? What does your presence here say about you, if this whole forum is so immature?

Again

Honestly, just grow up

And you're telling me to grow up?

Bionicle is a toy; if you're being triggered by something related to a toy, then it really is time to grow up

If you don't care about Bionicle enough to feel even slightly disappointed when it ends, why are you here?

Edited by Sir Keksalot
  • Upvote 6

I'd advise you stop before you end up getting yourself banned, because the road you're going down will only lead to that.

Bionicles.

In Space.

I'm kinda thinking they could draw inspiration from the Mahri. The air-tubes and the trans-blue windshield thing would fit well with the space theme, and I'd love to see all kinds of entirely new designs we haven't seen in Bionicle before.

• Upvote 2

I like the idea of space Toa, I could see their masks to be similar to a few of the underwater Toa who's technical name I forget.  Low gravity combat would be interesting plus some new elemental abilities would have to be introduced.

Bionicles.

In Space.

I'm kinda thinking they could draw inspiration from the Mahri. The air-tubes and the trans-blue windshield thing would fit well with the space theme, and I'd love to see all kinds of entirely new designs we haven't seen in Bionicle before.

You beat me to it, lol.

I would like toa in Space also even if it means they will have a more helmet like looking mask but it seems like a good idea.

Just give me a Hau that looks like a gas mask and I'm happy.

• Upvote 3

jaek you literally joined a website based around a toy and have showed clear interest in that toy and are currently calling people manchildren for being on a website based around a toy and showing clear interest that toy
and sassing off to staff to boot
​you keep diggin' that grave mate, maybe i'll loan you an extra shovel

edit: also sorry this is off-topic, just wanted to say my piece

Edited by Tarn of the DJD
  • Upvote 8

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

I would like toa in Space also even if it means they will have a more helmet like looking mask but it seems like a good idea.

Just give me a Hau that looks like a gas mask and I'm happy.

Maybe Kopakas and Galis mask will be the most valuable and useful masks in SPACE.

tZa6I5y.jpg?1

Here's my idea:

1. We can go with the space Toa idea. I would imagine that it would be like Star Wars, but in Bionicle G1's way of telling the story.

2. Make G3 be similar to The Amazing Spider-Man movie in 2012: A hard reboot that a lot of things start over again, like the arrival of heroes, some humor, suspense, and mystery in the story, fight new first-to-be-fought bad guys. This would also be more like G1 than G2: the Toa Mata arriving on the island of Mata Nui, meet the Turaga and Matoran, and fight against probably a new threat, the Infected Rahi again, or some other familiar foes, like the Visorak.

3. A story where, in a war between Toa and the Brotherhood of Makuta, there is a school that is meant to train Toa and Matoran to become Toa heroes in hopes of winning the war. The school would also be like a mix of Ninjago's Sensei Wu's monastery, a school in the latest Mixels TV special, and some Autobot training place from Transformers: Animated TV series in 2007-2009. The school would be either in Metru Nui or, if Metru Nui is in ruins or uninhabitable for some other reason, in the island of Mata Nui or Okoto. The Toa Metru, Toa Mangai, and Dume or them as Turaga would be the staff, including teachers. The Toa, including the Toa Mata, would be the students. The Matoran who will become the Toa Mahri and Takanuva would also be the new students. While the students learn how to fight like Toa, they would also do some gym activities, like playing dodgeball using Kohli balls (perhaps call it Kohli-ball, and I would imagine Tahu and Kopaka are playing against each other by throwing Kohli balls at one another. Lol!:P ). The Toa Mata, as the main protagonists before the other Toa, would form friendships while they battle both dummy enemies in school and real and evil enemies.

4. A story where the Toa Mata arrive the Planet Earth in a crash-landing way like they did in the beginning of G1 and G2, where they meet human for the first time. Let's say the Toa came from Spherus Magna or the Matoran Universe, but were sent to Earth because their evil enemies are looking for certain objects from their world, like Kanohi Masks or Masks of Power. Some humans would be equivalent to the Turaga, Matoran, the Protectors, or Ekimu, and the Toa would make friendships with them. The Toa would also struggle convincing human kind to trust them in coming to Earth and battle their evil enemies to fight for peace. The humans and Toa, and perhaps other Bionicle characters, would teach each other about their society and cultures. It would be like a mix Transformers and Steven Universe, but in Bionicle's G1 way of telling the story.

5. If The Lego Movie Cinematic Universe would want to make a Bionicle movie that is set in The Lego Movie universe, well, that would be something new. Seems kind of impossible, but Bionicle's one of our favorite Lego themes that was successful in its G1 time, so I would like to see Lego try.

6. Bionicle G2's return in 2018. I heard in Twitter that Lego has no plans for making new sets in 2017, so hopefully they can pull a Ninjago there. When it returns, things in Bionicle will be better than the ones 2015 and 2016, similar to Ninjago, too.

7. The re-continuation of Bionicle G1 and do it in the style of Ninjago, too. And also, resolve the cliffhangers and other things that G1 left behind for 5 years.

When one of these options would be chosen for G3, I would want Bionicle to return in 2018, since there won't be new sets in 2017. Along the way, I would want all the Toa or some other characters to be medium-sized, have them cost $10-15, small sets to be $5, Titans (either be different characters, Toa that grew large similar to Takanuva's situation in 2008, Toa or a small or some other medium-sized character driving a vehicle, or a pack of two characters of any kind) to be at least $20, and those Titan-combo sets (Takutanuva, Ultimate Dume, Voporak, and Vezon & Kardas for G1 for example) to come back.

The story should be as good as of better than G1 in terms of character development and non-rushed battles.

The story can be told in a new 3-D animated TV show, where each season is at least 10-13 episodes, at best, and it won't be exclusive in Netflix this time, unlike Bionicle: The Journey to One. It can be played in Cartoon Network (mostly likely) or Nickelodeon this time, too. Movies would be okay, even for direct-to-video, but I would like to have cinematic ones, too, like you know, they premier in theaters and then get a home video release at least a few months after. I'm okay with a movie being 3-D animated or live-action (I would imagine that if the movie is successful, it would start a cinematic universe with Bionicle characters having their own spinoffs and prequels). Comics, books, and guides would be okay, too. TT video games and online games would be very nice, too. If there is Bionicle's 20th anniversary or later, have the franchise celebrate it somehow, like being similar to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Turtles Forever TV movie in 2009 on its 25th anniversary and Sonic the Hedgehog's Sonic Generations game in 2011 on its 20th anniversary.

Bionicle would also make crossovers with other Lego themes, like Hero Factory, Ninjago, Mixels, or Nexo Knights, in a form of TV episode, TV special, or a movie. A spot in the Lego Dimensions video game would be super-great if Lego Dimensions would still be going.

I know it sounds like a lot, but that's how I would like G3 to be.:)

• Upvote 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Dude, there ain't gonna be no G3. If there is, it won't be for a lonnnnnng time. More than just five years.

They can't reboot it again with G2 still in everyone's minds, and after G2 was a bit of a lost cause, would they want to reboot it?

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939
  • Upvote 1

Here is my opinion on the matter.

There are three possible ways that G3 can go to.

(No never returning is not one of them. Bionicle is one of those themes that LEGO can always count on. It's there ace up there sleeve.)

1.Bionicle G3 is a continuation of G2.

This will only happen if it returns in one to two years.

Basically if Bionicle pulls a Ninjago move this will happen.

2.Bionicle G3 is another hard reboot.

We get a brand new story. With little hints of the past generations.

This well happen if Bionicle is returned in 10+ years.

By this point almost all the fans of either generation are "to old" for Bionicle and probably have kids of there own at this point. Basically a fresh slate for the line.

3.Bionicle G3 is a continuation of G1.

This one is unlikely because it would require a serious amount of thought and planning put into it.

You basically get a soft reboot.

New story but old characters.

We would be on Bata Magna thousands of years into the future. A confirmed connection but it still being it's own story.

I prefer options 1 and 2 the best.

Edited by ToaTimeLord
  • Upvote 1

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

(No never returning is not one of them. Bionicle is one of those themes that LEGO can always count on. It's there ace up there sleeve.)

But it was just cancelled after like two years. If anything, "Star Wars" is the ace up their sleeve because it's always guaranteed to sell.

I can see LEGO bringing back Bionicle in the future.

It's not like it's something new they just did it two years ago. :P

I don't think the specific premise matters all that much, but the media surrounding it needs to be way more engaging than that of G2.

This isn't something I say just out of Genwunner nostalgia, but they need to really analyze what made 2001 successful, instead of just aping it aesthetically the way they did in 2015. Keep the storyline simple enough, but make the setting into a world that kids really want to inhabit—populate it with engaging characters and memorable locations. Kids don't want to be bogged down by 2007-style complexity, but they're not gonna care about the toys if you release them with no accompanying personality, or even a name! Invest heavily in promoting the line through regular comics, webisodes, maybe a few TV specials or games. Make sure the media is VERY easily accessible instead of behind a paywall on Netflix. 

With that out of the way, you can go nuts with the story in whatever direction you like. Maybe a soft reboot that doesn't ever clarify whether it's the same world or not—this time it could take place over a whole continent instead of an island, and you can have your six Toa living freely in the wilderness, semi-wild until a new threat emerges to the Agori/Matoran/Okotos/whatever. I'd rather they do something a bit original rather than jump straight into a less interesting version of Mata Nui.

• Upvote 1

Dude, there ain't gonna be no G3. If there is, it won't be for a lonnnnnng time. More than just five years.

They can't reboot it again with G2 still in everyone's minds, and after G2 was a bit of a lost cause, would they want to reboot it?

They brought it back once because they knew there was potential for a lucrative IP. The end of G2 is likely a return to the drawing board and not an actual finale to the theme. Maybe it will be a while, but when it comes back, it'll either be Lego's last failed attempt before giving up or it'll last long enough to warrant a 4th generation after G3 ends.

• Upvote 2

I feel like if there were a G3, it should continue the trend of biomechanical robots + (insert culture here). G1 was Maori, G2 was Aztec/Mayan somewhat. However, do I think the OG Toa Mata should return? Personally, I wouldn't want them to.

As for the Space idea, personally I feel that should be the end goal than the actual setting. 

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

It's not like it's something new they just did it two years ago. :P

:???:

Well this post just confused me.

Sorry for the confusion.

Bionicle was a dead line but they brought it back. As we all know as G2.

I was trying to say that it's nothing new for LEGO to bring back a dead line.

• Upvote 1

What JMSOG as an irrational human being wants:

I want a complex story out of the gate. Bionicle will in any form from now on have two audiences: kids, and people in their 20s. People in their 20s, in the end, crave story complexity. Kids crave story accessability. I think lego has an opportunity to address both audiences.

For Doctor Who, Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures existed at the same time. A less extreme version can exist, and I think it would benifit lego on a sales front if they do it right. Gen1 proved Bionicle is capable of this.

What JMSOG as a realistic human being wants:

I want them to go in with a long term plan. Gen2 changed "style" twice, and jumped from the animations from JtO. gen1 had MAJOR tone changes, and some retcons. I think longer-term planning than lego is accustomed to could serve Bionicle, and Lego, well.

These are both probably more abstract than what the topic wanted.

• Upvote 1

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

Honestly, I think the seemingly poor sales and quick cancellation of G2 is exactly what makes G3 more likely. If G2 had run its course with a 5-6 year run, the designers would be like "yep, that's done and over".

Here, seeing as three years were planned but the thing got axed sooner, I think this is more of a "Okay, this didn't work, let's think it over and try again" kind of thing. They realised they messed something up (though I personally like G2) and quickly pulled it for a facelift before coming back strong with a revised G3.

At least, I hope. There is a lot of hope in that theory  :(

• Upvote 4

G3?

Honestly, I'd just want to see something fresh and bold.

Fresh: hmm...Bionicle has never taken place on a full continent before...only islands and under water and the core of the universe (and then the other planet which I usually forget about...) and a storyline that isn't a reboot or rehash of anything G1 (or now G2) covered.

Bold: New group of toa (sorry, I love Tahu and crew, but I feel like keeping the original characters somehow limited what the writers could do in some ways)

Maybe featuring more contests like the Rahi and dark hunters where the winners get their creations added into the story. (And making said winners provide instructions so that other fans may build those characters if they so choose).

And then things that I've been wanting for a while: A fully dedicated console game to the story and a more constant series or even a movie.

• Upvote 1

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Continue G2, but bring back nothing from G1. Ekimu, Umarak, and the Protectors can stay. But get rid of the G1 Toa and Makuta, despite how different the latter is. Give me something new with the story. Toa raised from childhood. Toa that fail in their mission and it doesn't get better. Something new.

And for the love of god, make it geewunner proof. Somehow.

• Upvote 1

Now hear me out guys... There's a very obvious answer here. With this announcement they've officially recognized it as Capital G Generation 2. That means there's really only one thing appropriate enough to come next. And it's called...

Beast Wars.

~|ET|~

• Upvote 8

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Now hear me out guys... There's a very obvious answer here. With this announcement they've officially recognized it as Capital G Generation 2. That means there's really only one thing appropriate enough to come next. And it's called...

Beast Wars.

~|ET|~

Tahu is gorilla confirmed