Journey To One Makuta "Instructions"

Dorek

LEGO was kind enough to provide us with detailed models of the JTO model so that it should be easy enough to build it now; at some point I might myself go and create step-by-step instructions, but this will more than suffice.

On my Flickr

Courtesy of LEGO (obviously), credit to the designers: Nicolaas Vás (Brickthing), Corvin Stichert (Vezok's Friend) and Niek van Slagmaat (who I believe took the photos, so an extra thanks!)

• Upvote 13

Been prepping to drop the $$ to make him--was just waiting on more formal instructions. We're in luck! :D

Presumably still confirmed as a combiner of the models you reported earlier?

• Upvote 2

Makuta: Consumed By LightRebrick EntryTopic & BackstoryBlog
-----------------
2015 Sets: 18/18 + 3 • Polybags: 1/2 • SDCC x2, NYCC Clear MoF, Trans-MoF
2016 Sets: 17/17 + 6

Radical. Thanks so much to the Bionicle team for being so responsive to the community and getting these pictures to us asap. And thanks to the designers for making it a reality, too!  :D

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Oh my yessss..... it's perfect! It's times like this we can see why Lego hired these people as set designers. It's an inspiring build and I just love it. Gonna be hard acquiring a MoUP though. I guess there is one on shapeways ...

Since a mask is just a small piece, commercially available 3D printing might be a solution. I have started a bit with 3D design a half year ago, but quickly stopped once I realized that I won't be able to truly learn it alone so I enlisted on a course on Udemy. It might take some months, but once I complete the course I might get into designing a 3D model of the Mask of Ultimate Power, if we still won't have one by that time, that is  :)

IhDIrLK.jpg

Oh my yessss..... it's perfect! It's times like this we can see why Lego hired these people as set designers. It's an inspiring build and I just love it. Gonna be hard acquiring a MoUP though. I guess there is one on shapeways ...

Since a mask is just a small piece, commercially available 3D printing might be a solution. I have started a bit with 3D design a half year ago, but quickly stopped once I realized that I won't be able to truly learn it alone so I enlisted on a course on Udemy. It might take some months, but once I complete the course I might get into designing a 3D model of the Mask of Ultimate Power, if we still won't have one by that time, that is  :)

Somebody already did create the mask on shapeways. SirTumbleweed to be exact.

Also really think this topic is news worthy for the front page of this site, given how many people wished for an actual makuta set, and this is the closest we will get.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

*Squee* Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

EDIT: Having built the model, it seems like it uses one more ball joint than the component sets have. Did anyone else have this problem, or did I simply misinterpret the pictures?

Edited by MetroidwaveX50

Did you go to the 2002 'The Power Lies Beneath' tour?

If yes, PM me. I'm looking for something that was only distributed during that tour.

What sets is this supposed to be comprised of? I've seen people mention it's suppose to be, but not which sets exactly.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

What sets is this supposed to be comprised of? I've seen people mention it's suppose to be, but not which sets exactly.

I've mentioned it in a few places, but the sets are, as confirmed by the designers:

LOSS

MM vs SG

Ikir

Tahu Uniter

Onua Uniter

Umarak the Hunter

Umarax the Destroyer

• Upvote 1

Can anyone tell me what pieces are used from Ekimu besides his shield? I would apprecaite not having to tear him apart.

His shoulder joints , friction gears, and portions of the hammer. Edited by MetroidwaveX50

If yes, PM me. I'm looking for something that was only distributed during that tour.

Where can I get the mask? I assume it is 3D printed, and I do have access to a 3D printer, so I would appreciate a link.

Here ya go.

http://www.shapeways.com/product/EYS9XLFMA/bionicle-mask-of-ultimate-power?li=shareProduct

Also, despite how great these pictures are I am still a very untalented builder. If anyone who can make him decides to make step-by-step instructions, please let me know.

Edited by Terrorsaur

Where can I get the mask? I assume it is 3D printed, and I do have access to a 3D printer, so I would appreciate a link.

Here ya go.

http://www.shapeways.com/product/EYS9XLFMA/bionicle-mask-of-ultimate-power?li=shareProduct

Also, despite how great these pictures are I am still a very untalented builder. If anyone who can make him decides to make step-by-step instructions, please let me know.

I don't have a very good camera, but I could probably help if it's just a few parts you need help with. I'd be happy to help.

Here ya go.

I don't have a very good camera, but I could probably help if it's just a few parts you need help with. I'd be happy to help.

Perhaps "untalented" wasn't the best word. :P I don't think I could decipher any of the model at all. It just isn't of my skills. So, please don't go out of your way just for me. I was just hoping someone would happen to be doing it anyway.

Here ya go.

Thanks a ton.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

Here ya go.

Perhaps "untalented" wasn't the best word. :P I don't think I could decipher any of the model at all. It just isn't of my skills. So, please don't go out of your way just for me. I was just hoping someone would happen to be doing it anyway.
Weird. I'm the opposite. I'm not very good at original ideas, but I'm fairly skilled at reverse engineering models. It still bothers me that the model uses 15 balljoints when the component sets only have 14, though.

This is an absolute lifesaver and is doubtless going to swallow a lot of my money.

That said, I think a parts list would make this even more useful. Could someone who has built this guy already see about compiling one?

I'll get around to it probably.

Currently building it in LDD. Will share when finished!

Actually found this great video. Slow it down to 25% speed with 1080 and its very easy to see. When he mentions being short on shells he's wrong; he forgot LoSS's. you will be one ball joint short but I plan on pulling one from my collection.

Good find!

Also, I ​knew there was an extra ball joint. I feel so relived. I'm not crazy after all!

I just found a review video of the JTO Makuta and in it the reviewer states that he contacted LEGO's customer service and was told that instructions for the model will be released in about a week (it has been a week since he posted this video, so any day now).  Edit: Confirmed to be rumor by LEGO employee (one of the designers) over on TTV.

I personally would still like the instructions for the Overlord version more, but that's probably just me.

Edited by Rakrondewl

I just found a review video of the JTO Makuta and in it the reviewer states that he contacted LEGO's customer service and was told that instructions for the model will be released in about a week (it has been a week since he posted this video, so any day now).

I personally would still like the instructions for the Overlord version more, but that's probably just me.

First, which one is the overlord? is it the purple one or the one with the throne? I seen lots of people mention it as their favorite.

Second, *squeeeeeeeee*

I'll upload the other ones I have into a gallery at some point. There's no x-ray shots, though, it's just the final model.

Thank you so much sir, I really appreciate it.  If there is some side and back shots, I can probably figure it out (if I do, I will be sure to share with the rest of the community).

I'll upload the other ones I have into a gallery at some point. There's no x-ray shots, though, it's just the final model.

Much appreciated, as I haven't quite mastered CCBS yet. Looking forward to them!

Edit like 2 minutes later: just saw them on the Flickr stream, thank you, kind sir.

Edited by Bionibbles

Aight, this is all I got, have at:

The Makuta Challenge Inspirational Models

These photos are so helpful, thank you so much sir.

Edit: 2 hours later...

I am building what I can in LDD, I have the legs almost completely figured out as well as the staff, axe, arms, wings, and some of the back torso.  I was going to make a topic where I would share the LDD file as I made progress but the LEGO gallery isn't letting me upload it.  Again, thank you so much Dorek.

Edited by Rakrondewl

Aight, this is all I got, have at:

The Makuta Challenge Inspirational Models

At this point, you're my friggin hero. Glad I asked for pics of triple m. I had the shoulder joints all wrong. I had the hammer right though.

I hope that Lego will send instructions, the images on Flick doesn't work well for me. I'm too bad building with images....

Also, I know this isn't the board to do this but I'm desperately looking for any instructions for the Melting Makuta, and I found that he was created for a member of this forum, if someone could help me please.

Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in.

I can't figure out MM Makuta's shoulders. I think it has a setup similar to Korgot, but I can't figure out anything else. Anyone got any ideas?

Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in.

I can't figure out MM Makuta's shoulders. I think it has a setup similar to Korgot, but I can't figure out anything else. Anyone got any ideas?

There isn't a really good look at how the torso is built, so unless someone who personally saw it can give any incite, we can only guess.