BBC Contest #73 Final Poll!

BBC Contest #73 Final Poll!  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Final Poll!
BBC Contest #73: Brickin' It Old School!

This is it... it's the final round of voting for BBC Contest #73: Brickin' !t Old School!

Final Voting begins August 6th and ends August 7th at 11:59 P.M. EST.
The contest winner and final voting results will be posted in a separate thread on August 9th.

One voter from each poll will be randomly selected to win a McToran polybag from 2001!

---------------------------------------------------------

BZP Rules and Guidelines

---------------------------------------------------------

1. c73_014.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Manas

2. 01_toa_jordrok_bbcc_73.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Toa Jordrok

3. c73_024.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Beach Attack of the Water Vako

4. c73_013.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Neo Bohrok Mk XXII

5. c73_018.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> DH Crusher

6. c73_025.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Dark Hunter Rampage

7. c73_005.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Regal Guard - Riot Division

• Upvote 2
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

While the Manas look amazing and are quite the feat, tthey don't feel... different. I mean at a glance they look exactly like the original manas, and upon closer inspection they still look exactly like the original manas, just with updated parts. As such I went with Beach Attack. They look like original characters and keep the feeling of G1.

• Upvote 4

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

While the Manas look amazing and are quite the feat, tthey don't feel... different. I mean at a glance they look exactly like the original manas, and upon closer inspection they still look exactly like the original manas, just with updated parts. As such I went with Beach Attack. They look like original characters and keep the feeling of G1.

I'd agree with you. As great as they are, they just didn't quite feel suited for this contest. As such I chose Jordrok.

E: I can see the results of the poll. I assume that is not supposed to happen

Edited by Terrorsaur

Went with #3. I feel like it really captures the charm of BIONICLE's earliest years. The "Rahi attacks Matoran" theme of it really brings me back to 2001. I like the tropical setting, the design of the Rahi, and the mechanical-ness of the tree. The Matoran's little details (sunglasses/ice cream cone) really give it that extra bit of lighthearted humor that brings MNOLG to mind. Finally, constructing that shoreline must have been nothing short of painstaking. Props to xccj on a MOC well done. :)

Edited by Disciple

D#%@$t! How didn't I make it?! I got so much praise!!! UGH.... ANYWAY...

I went with Number 6. Congrats on the winners, but I am still baffled as to how I didn't make it.....

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I wnet with Number 6. Congrats on the winners, but I am still baffled as to how I didn't make it.....

There were a lot of good builds this contest. Almost all of them were praiseworthy.

I wnet with Number 6. Congrats on the winners, but I am still baffled as to how I didn't make it.....

Well, high praise doesn't always mean high votes.

Okay....?

If High Praise doesn't equal High Votes than what does? Wouldn't the Style, Technique, and Attributing Qualities of both mean that one would get a High amount of Votes? I may have a lot of parts, but not a lot of Specific parts. What I did on the Legs was very unique for what it was. And the Shield though bulky was a unique construction of both Old BIONICLE and Technic. Though be it rather simple when you actually look into it. Over all the MOC was pretty good in my eyes. I know I didn't go all out, but I use what I have when I make MOCs.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

Okay....?

If High Praise doesn't equal High Votes than what does? Wouldn't the Style, Technique, and Attributing Qualities of both mean that one would get a High amount of Votes? I may have a lot of parts, but not a lot of Specific parts. What I did on the legs was very unique for what it was. And the Shield though bulky was a unique construction of both Old BIONICLE and Technic. Though be it rather simple when you actually look into it. Over all the MOC was pretty good in my eyes. I know I didn't go all out, but I use what I have when I make MOCs.

I think half the trouble was the choice of entry picture. We can't really see anything of the creation in that picture, and most voters will be evaluating the entries in the polls based solely on their entry pictures. (Even if you have an entry topic with better pics, you can't guarantee that voters will see it.)

• Upvote 1

I thought about the manas, because WOW is that amazing...But I decided to go with 2, due to the fact that I could see them releasing that exact set as-is during G1's prime.

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

D#%@$t! How didn't I make it?! I got so much praise!!! UGH.... ANYWAY...I wnet with Number 6. Congrats on the winners, but I am still baffled as to how I didn't make it.....

Okay....?If High Praise doesn't equal High Votes than what does? Wouldn't the Style, Technique, and Attributing Qualities of both mean that one would get a High amount of Votes? I may have a lot of parts, but not a lot of Specific parts. What I did on the legs was very unique for what it was. And the Shield though bulky was a unique construction of both Old BIONICLE and Technic. Though be it rather simple when you actually look into it. Over all the MOC was pretty good in my eyes. I know I didn't go all out, but I use what I have when I make MOCs.
I think half the trouble was the choice of entry picture. We can't really see anything of the creation in that picture, and most voters will be evaluating the entries in the polls based solely on their entry pictures. (Even if you have an entry topic with better pics, you can't guarantee that voters will see it.)

Hhhh... Yeah... That picture was a mistake actually putting it in. I didn't being it up because I didn't want to satet anything with anyone. i just wanted to get it done... Oh well... *smashes self with desk in face*

pure_muscle.png