The Vahi leaves Bionicle open to any future reboots?

No matter what happens at the end of Generation 2 (I haven't seen it yet - all I know is that Bionicle is ending), the fact that the Vahi exists both here and in Generation 1 means that LEGO have left themselves a nice big opening. They could reboot and/or retcon the entire series with ease, simply by implying that a mask of time exists.

Whether it's intentional or not, having the Vahi in Gen2 is a pretty clever and, more importantly, simple idea, more than just a throwback to Generation 1 and its old fans, perhaps?

• Upvote 3

Due to the abrupt ending of Gen 2, it's hard to say what their plan was with the Vahi.  They did say multiple times that the two continuities are unrelated, which I'm inclined to believe.

Although if they were so inclined, there are enough powers and abilities in both continuities that would allow them to contrive an explanation for how they're related.  But if you thought Bionicle used to be complicated before, just wait until you give it a multiverse akin to Marvel or DC.

• Upvote 1

I'm not quite sure how you mean the mask of time allows LEGO to reboot the series at will. If they wanted to reboot Bionicle in any form or fashion they definitely could and they wouldn't need any sort of explanation for it whatsoever.

If you mean reboot in the sense of a continuation that's understandable but it doesn't seem big enough for its own topic, as again most stories end in such a way where continuing it is feasible.

If you're talking about rebooting Bionicle in the sense that it's an alternate universe, sure but even G2 was never established or said to have been an alternate universe, for it was just a plain and complete reboot that took no notice of G1 or what came before it except in easter eggs.

So I'm still confused about what you're trying to say with this topic. I definitely get the idea that the vahi was meant for much more in G2 otherwise why even bother bringing up such a powerful and specific mask unless it was going to play some sort of role other than summoning the toa but seeing as how things went I doubt in any reboots or otherwise will G2 be referenced or tied in, especially through the mask. Simply no need.

The Vahi is left there as a sort of Continuum between the two if they ever wished to join the two. This makes me think that if the two halves could me connected it could bring two or more universes together, but of course it leaves all of this open for new Generations to come. The Possibilities are Endless.

• Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Due to the abrupt ending of Gen 2, it's hard to say what their plan was with the Vahi.  They did say multiple times that the two continuities are unrelated, which I'm inclined to believe.

Although if they were so inclined, there are enough powers and abilities in both continuities that would allow them to contrive an explanation for how they're related.  But if you thought Bionicle used to be complicated before, just wait until you give it a multiverse akin to Marvel or DC.

"Crisis on Infinite Magnas"

• Upvote 2

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I honestly don't believe G1 and G2 are canonically connected, so for me the two Vahi are different masks and have different powers and uses. If they wanted to make a reboot with the Vahi summoning the Toa, it would be tied to G2's continuity. It is easy to put it thousands of yearsin the future and have the G2 story as leyends.

Or they could make a G3 series and put the Vahi and the Mask of Creation as easter eggs here and there.

I personally don't want Gens 1 and 2 to be connected canonically (I don't like G2's story, hate all you want) but story-wise, I could see the Vahi being used to establish a connection. It would make a whole lot of sense too, and would make a good further tether to a potential G3.

However, as has been said before, LEGO doesn't need to establish a story connection between generations. As far as I and many others are concerned, the two Gens are just unconnected stories bearing the same name.

• Upvote 1

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg