Recurring Dreams of BIONICLE

Illuminatus

Does anybody else have recurring dreams of BIONICLE?

A common theme for me is dreaming I'm in a store and I suddenly discover there are all sorts of old and unopened sets, and I mean loads of them. And usually the more I start digging, the more sets appear; there are occasionally unusual variations of boxes that I'm seeing for the first time, limited edition sets and combo packages no one has ever documented. And just as I'm thinking I've just hit a gold mine, I usually wake up from the excitement.

This happens to me about once every two or three months. Anything similar ever happen to you guys?

• Upvote 1

I think I've had similar dreams to that, but in my case It's sets that probably weren't ever in production. It's always rather disappointing finding out about sets that you've never even heard of then waking up and realizing they don't exist...

Edited by Daronus

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

I'd say about 40% of my dreams are related to BIONICLE or contain elements from it in some way. MNOG I and II in particular must have stirred something in my subconscious when I was a kid, because I keep revisiting both versions of Mata Nui in my dreams. It's simply magical!

sig2.png

I have had many dreams of finding older, out of production Lego sets in a store, though it usually isn't Bionicle. I also find a lot of minifigs and parts just buried in the dirt or cracks of sidewalks.

Recently though, I did have a dream where I am fairly certain was being commentated on by two members of TTV channel (I had been watching their "Let's play VNOG" videos.

Toa Han

My Flickr. Old Bionicles on Brickshelf

small_logo.png

For me its the occasional dream with sets I havent seen before or absurd sales

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

A common theme for me is dreaming I'm in a store and I suddenly discover there are all sorts of old and unopened sets, and I mean loads of them. And usually the more I start digging, the more sets appear; there are occasionally unusual variations of boxes that I'm seeing for the first time, limited edition sets and combo packages no one has ever documented. And just as I'm thinking I've just hit a gold mine, I usually wake up from the excitement.

This happens to me about once every two or three months. Anything similar ever happen to you guys?

In elder days did this sight in the Realm of Morpheus oft occur to me in mine sleep. Even in the current days of yestermorrow -- so not as of late -- have I had the pleasure of such a mysterious wonder that make up these far-off cerebral vision of the soul. My inner child, clinging to simpler times, the sweet ignorance of youth, and the said simple pleasure of purchasing fabricated legends of empty plastics and full O' heart. Aye, how I, nay, we all yearn for such temporal refuge in our close yet distant past. Verily so dost I spake here in gleeful remembrance, and utmost assurance full forthwith.

I just watched an old movie on the play Julius Caesar, I couldn't resist doing this. :lol: But yeah, I have had simmilr dreams in the past. I get so happy, then it ends.

Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I know it sounds wierd, but I my dreams about Bionicle follow this to the letter. Only that it happened to me once or twice a year since I was 11

Well, I have a long history of Bionicle dreams. At first it were just pleasant dreams when I dreamed that I found an overlooked toy store where they had all kinds of old retired sets and I was able to buy the sets I didn't get to buy back when they had their run in the stores in real life.

However later my Bionicle dreams started to take a darker turn. I began dreaming about various ways through which I lost my collection and at morning I woke up I was very relieved to find that my collection was still there. But in 2014 there came a day when these nightmares were eventually fullfilled - the day I discovered major cracks on my original Bionicles, which resulted in me "burrying" my entire collection. On that day, Bionicle became a taboo for me - a taboo that was lifted a few days before the Christmas of 2014, when I rebuilt my Bionicle collection with steel parts I bought in our local iron store.

This rebuilding effort was in no way easy, I have researched many different approaches ranging from letting experts cut them from steel. 3D print them or forge them up to me myself forging them in my garage or creating them via commerically available resins - each of those approaches was thwarted by either cost, difficulty, or low quality of the end product. Then I saw those small parts in the iron store, about a week before Christmas and immediately I knew that Bionicle was just reinstated.

Now I no longer have any Bionicle dreams - I don't have the pleasant ones, because I know I can construct myself any Bionicle set I want from those readily available steel parts, nor the nightmares, because I have found a way to rebuild my collection - and not only once, but I could potentially rebuild it over and over a million times, since those steel parts for holding together railings and regals will always be on store (not that I would need it since steel mixed with zinc, when kept away from rain, can last for millenia)  :)

Btw, here are some photos of my rebuilt Bionicles:

5atrDPg.jpg

I2qQSSO.jpg

For more photos, please visit this old BZP thread  :)

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19871-broken-pieces-broken-pieces-everywhere/

IhDIrLK.jpg

I've had those dreams exactly, though they tend to focus on collectables.

Did you go to the 2002 'The Power Lies Beneath' tour?

If yes, PM me. I'm looking for something that was only distributed during that tour.

I started reading your post thinking you were joking Umm Durman, and then I felt a ton of different emotions when I found out you weren't. Cool solution, but you know you could've bought replacement parts on Bricklink, right?

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

I started reading your post thinking you were joking Umm Durman, and then I felt a ton of different emotions when I found out you weren't. Cool solution, but you know you could've bought replacement parts on Bricklink, right?

Bricklink sells original parts - which in this case is a big problem because the parts I would be looking for are long retired, meaning that the parts I would find on Bricklink would be of similar age as the destroyed ones I owned. I never exposed my Bionicles to rough play when I was a kid so the fractures on them were caused by time. If I bought the parts on Bricklink it would probably be just a question of a very short time until those would start fracturing too. That is the dark destiny of retired pieces - they all eventually slowly start fracturing until none is left. The ABS plastic they were made from just isn't up to the task of surviving long years  :(

The thing I like most about my new collection is that steel is vastly superior to ABS. It is not only far stronger, but also can last for millenia if kept in dry conditions. It will be standing strong long after the last original retired piece of Generation 1 Bionicle has been reduced to dust  ^_^

IhDIrLK.jpg