The LEGO Ninjago Movie Teased on Twitter

The LEGO Twitter recently teased some news about The LEGO Ninjago Movie (copying The LEGO Batman Movie title?), specifically a teaser poster and release time: September 2017. While more details are sparse, the voice actors were announced as well, including Jackie Chan and Olivia Munn. Keep an eye open for more news as it comes!

View the full article

Wait... They actually got Jackie Chan to voice one of the characters in this movie? :o And I thought getting Morgan Freeman to voice Vitruvius in the LEGO Movie was impressive.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

Wait... They actually got Jackie Chan to voice one of the characters in this movie? :o And I thought getting Morgan Freeman to voice Vitruvius in the LEGO Movie was impressive.

If anything, getting big-name actors for this and future Lego movies is probably easier than it was for The Lego Movie, now that Lego is a proven brand in Hollywood. Before The Lego Movie's success, a lot of high-profile actors would probably be apprehensive of doing a movie based on a toy, especially one like Lego that didn't originally come with any sort of story. But after The Lego Movie released to massive audience and critical appeal, actors who might otherwise be concerned about a Lego movie being a shameless cash-in or box-office poison will likely have a little more confidence in what the role has to offer.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

If anything, getting big-name actors for this and future Lego movies is probably easier than it was for The Lego Movie, now that Lego is a proven brand in Hollywood. Before The Lego Movie's success, a lot of high-profile actors would probably be apprehensive of doing a movie based on a toy, especially one like Lego that didn't originally come with any sort of story. But after The Lego Movie released to massive audience and critical appeal, actors who might otherwise be concerned about a Lego movie being a shameless cash-in or box-office poison will likely have a little more confidence in what the role has to offer.

Besides that, it's important to remember that Jackie Chan appears in a lot of movies. He's appeared in over 100 different movies over the course of his career, and in the past decade he's taken on a fair number of voice roles, perhaps in part due to his age — it's tough for him to take on as many live-action, stunt-heavy action roles as he was once known for.