Blue part discoloration

abstractAgamid

You know how Bright Blue (Mata blue) parts often become more greenish after some time? Has anyone witnessed that happening to Bionicle/Technic parts?

Because for me it's only happened with System pieces. My Bionicle parts are still unaffected by this. Does it just not affect polycarbonate (or, at least, happen much slower to it)?

Edit: I should note that some of the parts it's happened to are those bricks with Technic holes in them (the ones from 8139 Night Blazer, specifically).

Edited by abstractAgamid

I've noticed this happen to more than just blue parts; I've got a number of Mata green System plates and white elements of all types that have become discolored due to exposure to sunlight.  I've been careful to keep my prototypes out of the way of unnecessary exposure because of this.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Yeah, I've come to the assumption myself that sunlight exposure can cause certain parts to discolor. Back when I used to display my massive collection of G1 Bionicle sets on shelves in my room, some of them turned out to end up being exposed to more sunlight than others because they were so close to the window. Aside from a few boxes being slightly faded on one side, the only noticeable discoloration I found was on Krekka (from 2004), where some of the white parts had discolored to slightly yellow. Thankfully, I've now got my entire collection stored inside opaque plastic bins, so I'm hoping that'll prevent any further damage.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.