A Bionicle Story Group - by fans

Matt5327

No it's just pointing out that by giving special privilege to one fan group, it runs the risk of discrediting the ideas of other fans. Sure it is likely this story group idea could churn out some great stories. But there is something wonderfully individualistic about being able to create "my own story." And if we treat a fan story group as 'canon' it runs the risk of alienating the fan stories created by individuals.

Now if the fan story group wants to use "let's make this so high quality it might as well be canon someday," as a goal for themselves to push their creativity and goals, cool go ahead and have fun with it. But if the goal ever becomes twisted into "We are the story group. Our word is canon scripture." type mentality, it could create conflict and anger in the larger Bionicle fan community. That is what makes me nervous about this. If the more humble mentality is the route taken though, I'll gladly watch were the project goes though.

A lot of people here seem to be making the automatic assumption that because we want this to be canon, it therefore must be, and despite me saying several times that this is not so it continues on. So I'll say it a little more obviously:

Under no circumstances are we making this being canon the end goal. We would like it to be, and we're keeping the mindset of making this to the degree of quality LEGO has put forth into their products, which I have stated before. The goal of this continuation/reboot group is to match LEGO's quality and effort with the original Bionicle. We're not trying to purposefully ruin everyone else's fanbase or headcanon or alternate universe or whatever.

So, once more, just to be very specific, We Are Not Trying To Force This Canon Onto Everyone Else. So please, if you have any other comments relating to the project, post them in the topic so we can see them, and we'l be glad to answer any questions you may have. But any more comments saying 'you're just gonna ruin everything' will be overlooked.

Fans should not be able to dictate what's Canon and what's not, and there's a reason why. Sure you could probably handle it better but that doesn't mean that you can. How is your continuation story any better than mine?

I hate the idea of fans being able to dictate the entire story, so that when you want to make YOUR version of Bionicle continuation it "won't be canon" and the fans do not know how to handle a bionicle continuation. Just let bionicle rest in peace, and continue the story in your OWN way.

I have to agree with you on this. I have my own ideas for future stories, but the thought of a group of fans creating a "canon story" could go against anything I could ever do.

For example I want to someday make a few Okoto-Metru MOCs as I have called them, with Technic remote controlled vehicles for the six Toa in new G2 forms (that's my idea to do someday). But what if this story group takes a different direction, dare I say for example a G2 take on the Ignition saga? Will my fanon have to compete against the fanon/canon from another group?

If a story group is made, let's please treat it as fanon. If it is considered canon it will conflict with other fan ideas in the community.

Do what you will, but Lego's Canon is the only Canon.

If I gave the impression that anything we would do was official in the sense that LEGO's is, then that was my error. Even if we were to somehow get LEGO's blessing (we wouldn't), it would still be a group independent from the official source. The vulgarism "fanon" could be appropriate for those who might prefer it (realize that "fanon" is just "fan canon" - it's still a kind of canon). For those concerned that this would disallow anything they'd do themselves, it would do so no more than if LEGO were to reboot again or a short story written by a single fan. Everyone has their own head canon - mine frequently diverges from even the official canons. So if anyone has felt threatened by this group's existence - please don't - there's no power we have that could prevent you from creating your own content - in whatever form it might take - nor could we take away its value. 

I'd join up with this, but this is only one of three different Bionicle story projects I've seen sprout up since Bionicle ended, and I think this is kind of a knee jerk reaction.

This of course won't be canon because it can't, but I'm still interested to see anything people come out with if things do get there, but I won't be a part of this. I started working on my own Bionicle G1 continuation project with a friend from high school and we made some awesome progress but college is starting now and things stopped, and I'd like to save our story structure to pick up some other time rather than share it and dilute it with conflicting ideas.

Still, fan activity is always awesome, and I hope to see cool things from this fanon you're all brewing up!

EDIT: I'm actually surprised you've set an age limit, and one at 15 for that matter. May I inquire as to why you've decided so? Just curious lol.

There are two other fan groups besides this of which I am aware, and both are seeking to continue G2. This is unlikely to be the route we take (in fact, every member of our group so far has been against it).

As for the age limit - we use conferencing as one of our communication methods, as it can be far more efficient than text in certain contexts. Unlike text, however, it is not easy for members to consider every word they say beforehand, which could turn into a major problem with younger participants. We figured that someone with at least some high school would likely be of sufficient maturity for this not to cause any problems.

Edited by Matt5327
  • Upvote 1

I'm interested in joining this group :D
Matt, I've sent you a private message with details and stuff. :)

"The future will bring the answers to your questions, but only if you stop speaking long enough to notice them."

~Toa Nuju

My fanfiction (continuation of G1):

Chapter1 The Plan

Chapter2 The Encounter

Chapter3 The Blueprints

Chapter4 The Fight

Chapter5 The Traveller

Chapter6 New Tools

Chapter7 Rescuers on the Red Star

My musical project: The Chronicler (the topic of the project)

Songs:

- Le-Matoran in Bota Magna

- Triumph of The Seventh Toa

- Building New Atero (Le-Matoran in Bota Magna VIP)

I've actually already written up my own story based off of the first wave of G2 before I knew what it was going to be about. It's based off of some elements from G1 as well. I've also already wrote most of the story into comic scripts as well though I never illustrated them (aside form 2 test pages). If you guys are curious I can send you the story. 

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

I've actually already written up my own story based off of the first wave of G2 before I knew what it was going to be about. It's based off of some elements from G1 as well. I've also already wrote most of the story into comic scripts as well though I never illustrated them (aside form 2 test pages). If you guys are curious I can send you the story. 

~Soran

that would actually be really nice, if you don't mind us using bits and pieces from it.

Okay, so here's what I wrote up. I'll go ahead and put it into some "More" tags to make things easier and more organized. I'm not sure if all of the tags will work correctly. 

Characters
Tahu: Mask of Strength
Personality: Quick tempered, and relies too much on his strength. He feels that a good offense is a good defense. This would be true if he weren’t on a team. Rushes ahead and prefers to work alone. He is rather offensive toward the other toa, specifically with Kopaka, Lewa, and Gali. When forced to work on a team, he will often act as the team leader, which upsets some of the other toa. He feels the need to prove his strength not only in combat but also in his leadership abilities.

Lewa: Mask of Flight
Personality: Jolly and sarcastic. Always seeking adventure. Quite often rushes ahead which causes him trouble. He relies very much on teamwork and is quick to support Gali and Onua. He is very quick and hyper, which often annoy some of the other Toa with his antics. He is often teased by Tahu and some other toa for his power over plant life and feels the need to prove his worth. This causes him to act rather recklessly.

Kopaka: Mask of Vision (X-ray, Binoculars, Night Vision)
Personality: Cold and cool, naturally calm. He is a strategic thinker and often judges Tahu and Lewa for rushing in without a plan. He prefers to work alone. He feels that a good defense is a good offense. He doesn’t feel the need to protect his teammates since he can protect himself, why can’t they protect themselves?

Gali: Mask of Stealth
Personality: Calm and kind, she is the more well liked person on the team. She tries to find the balance in their personalities. She is a strategic thinker always coming up with a plan before encounters. She seeks information. She believes strongly in moral justice. In the heat of battle she sometimes chokes and lets her guard down.

Onua: Mask of Speed
Personality: Quiet but wise, none of the other toa had any qualms with him. He always felt the need to gather his thoughts about the situation before proceeding. He preferred the toa work how they wish to work but inside he knew that wouldn’t be possible. He supports Gali’s ideals of planning before an encounter. With his large stature, he is one of the physically stronger toa, with only Tahu surpassing him because of his mask. He prefers to work in groups.

Pohatu: Mask of Shielding
Personality: Stubborn and Stoic, he prefers to work things out either his way or endure it. He was one of the quieter Toa. He was known for his stamina and was always willing to fight. He is fearless, which is both good and bad, and often times he doesn’t see the danger in what he is planning on doing. Though naturally cold toward the other toa, he seems to open up more around Onua. He prefers to work alone but will not complain if the decision is to work together.

Tohon (Protector of Fire)

Lehu (Protector of Jungle)

Kiru (Protector of Ice) 2nd in command

Gira (Protector of Water)

Orik (Protector of Earth) leader

Pakar (Protector of Stone)

So there's the characters, let's move onto the story.

Story

Ekimu and Makuta were brilliant and legendary mask makers, capable of creating the most intricate and powerful masks. The villagers of each village wore these masks and as such, they grew overjoyed by the arrival of new masks. After many journeys along the island of Okoto, both Ekimu and Makuta had discovered several prophesies foretelling of much destruction. Because of these prophesies, they concluded that the development of masks of power must be underway, to combat these. After creating such masks and scattering them across the island, they had figured out that it wouldn’t matter much if they didn’t have enough time or space to protect the island. And because of that, Ekimu created the Mask of Time, while Makuta created the mask of Space. Both intricate and powerful masks on their own but together they held the power to solve all conflict, or create it. 

Both Mask Makers had their own apprentice who helped with the creation of these masks. Makuta’s apprentice was named, Amak, while Ekimu’s was named Irek. These apprentices were told that the work of a Mask Maker was not all about the glory and prestige that came with the creation of these masks but it was for the art itself, the masks, the joy you receive upon creating such wonders. They both were told this, but only one truly believed it. The other, Amak, saw the potential for using these masks for his own personal gain, and sought to rule over these people as a king. With this thought in mind, he devised a plan.

Amak had concluded that the best course of action for his plan was to manipulate those who could prove useful. As such, he planted a seed of jealousy upon Makuta by pointing out that the villagers were more overjoyed with the masks that Ekimu produced, and that they said that the quality and intricacy of them was easily identifiable compared to Makuta’s. After countless breaking down of Makuta, and praising his skill, Makuta sought to create the ultimate mask, to show the villagers just who was the better Mask Maker. He grabbed both of Mask of Time and the Mask of Space and began to reform them to create the Mask of Time and Space. The practice of reforming masks was one that only leads to disaster and was especially dangerous with masks of this caliber, Ekimu warned. Knowing the dangers of it all, Makuta continued anyway which prompted Ekimu to step in and attack with the intent to separate Makuta from the masks. While doing so the masks then released a powerful energy that shot into both Makuta and Ekimu, placing them into a coma. The masks were shot by the burst of energy and landed on the ground, only to be picked up by Irek, who knew of the danger of the two masks coming into Amak’s grasp. Irek then escaped the Master’s forge with the two masks.

Amak, enraged that his plan to steal the masks was foiled, devised a new plan. He hid away the two bodies of the Mask Makers and informed the villages of what had supposedly happened. He warned them of Irek, who because of his jealousy of Ekimu’s duties, took control of one of the masks of power they were creating, and knocked both Ekimu and Makuta into a deep slumber. He then took the two masks of power they were working on and took their bodies and fled, hiding them and himself to escape punishment.

Most of the villagers believed Amak’s story and formed search and rescue squads to help find Ekimu and Makuta. Some were skeptical, however. The villagers that were most skeptical were Tohon, Lehu, Kiru, Gira, Orik, and Pakar, most of which knew Irek personally and knew that he was not the type to do these sort of things. Amak, sensing that his story was starting to run out of credibility, journeyed to one of the prophecy monuments and activated it, releasing the skull spiders. He then returned to the villages exclaiming the appearance of a skull spider and blamed its appearance on Irek who must’ve activated it to ward off any search parties from finding him.

The villagers went into shock as hundreds and hundreds of skull spiders invaded the villages. While many of the villagers tried to hide away from the danger, some of the villagers decided to step up and take action in protecting their villages. These protectors were Tohon, Lehu, Kiru, Gira, Orik, and Pakar. They served as leaders of their respective villages and protected them the best they could. But their best was not enough. Soon after the Skull spiders began again overrunning villages. All of the villagers were running out of ideas, except one… Amak.

Amak saw the opportunity to make himself appear as a hero to the villages. He journeyed to another Prophecy monument, this one titled the Toa Shrine. He activated the monument, which shot a beam of energy into the sky and which made appear a mysterious star… a Red Star. Soon after, 6 comets appeared, seemingly coming from the star and rocketed and crashed to different parts of the island. The protectors seeing these comets appeared, went and investigated. 

Each of the toa landed in a specific spot. The first shown is Onua. Tahu landed near the border of the Jungle while Lewa landed in the jungle. While venturing out of their pods they end up running into each other. Tahu, having no regard for the plants in the jungle, would singe whatever plants were in his way. Lewa noticed this behavior about Tahu and confronted him on it. Tahu then insults Lewa over his Jungle powers and how weak it is compared to his fire. Lewa responds by tieing up Tahu in vines with his powers.

Gali landed in the swamplands in water while Kopaka smashed into an ice mountain. They later meet up. She gets out of her pod and goes searching for anything in the area. Having no luck in finding anything, she decides to venture to the highest point she can see, that being the Ice Mountains in the area. While journeying there she runs into Kopaka. She questions who he is and he responds by only saying, “Kopaka”. She then questions if he wants to know who she is to which he replies, “No”. She inquires if he is worried about her potentially being an enemy to him. His reponse is “Don’t Care”. She mutters in response, “Some day you will.”

Onua landed near the shore of his section while Pohatu landed in a desert. Onua smashes open his pod and climbs out of the crater. He goes off wandering in no specific direction. It then switches to Pohatu who is still stuck in his pod. He tries to push his way out but each time he tries the pod slides and he loses his footing. Eventually he decides to try again and before he can push his way out the opening to the pod is ripped off by Onua. Onua helps him out and asks his name. Pohatu replies by telling him his name and asks him what his is. Onua responds and Pohatu asks if there is anywhere they should be heading to. Onua responds that he is just walking in a random direction and asks Pohatu if he would care to join him. They go off wandering the desert. It then shows the sun setting in the sky while revealing the red star. Onua responds to Pohatu that he feels a desire to follow the red star. He and Pohatu journey there and come across the village. 

Pohatu and Onua are guided to the large central dome in the village. They walk in and discover the other toa. Lewa upon seeing them exclaims, “What, did you guys get lost?” They introduce themselves and explain just what happened to them. After their explanation the other toa start to fill them in on the details of why they are here and what they know. Before they can say too much a villager rushes into the dome and exclaims that there is an infestation of the Skull Spiders currently in the village. The Toa rush out leaving Onua, Pohatu, and Lewa. Lewa, distracted, quickly explains just what is going on and what these skull spiders are. He then rushes out and tells Onua and Pohatu to help take out the spiders. What Lewa forgot to explain is that the Skull spiders must be disposed of in a particular way or else they will bury themselves and slowly heal, only to dig their way back up and resume attacking from the ground up. 

While the toa were fighting, Onua and Pohatu both took out numerous Spiders without following procedure. One of the protectors notice and question Onua and Pohatu about how they were fighting the spiders. They explain how and the Protectors inform them that they were fighting them wrong and that now the spiders are going to regenerate and resume attacks later on. Each of the toa had their own way of dealing with the issue. Tahu, angered, insulted both Onua and Pohatu. Kopaka said nothing but it was clear he wasn’t happy. Lewa tried to explain that it wasn’t their fault while Gali tried her best to calm down Tahu. Onua looked disappointed while Pohatu gave Tahu a death stare while responding, “I suggest you step off, mate.” Tahu angrily responds with an insult to Pohatu. Orik interrupts the two toa and informs them that this village isn’t safe anymore and explains that they must journey east to the ice village. 

The toa, protectors and villagers journey to the ice village. On their journey there they run into some issues. One of which is that some of the villagers, the night guards, were getting tired and was trailing behind the group. Toa Gali and Toa Tahu offer to stay behind and help the villagers in the back. While continuing their journey they are ambushed by a group of Skull spiders in the back of the group. Tahu and Gali were unprepared for the sudden attack and tried their best to protect the villagers but were soon outnumbered. Pakar looks back and notices some smoke in the distance and exclaims that there might be trouble in the back of the group. Kopaka and Lewa rush in to help only to find themselves severely outnumbered. 

Gali seeing the other toa present starts to suggest they come up with a plan. Kopaka and Tahu decide that their plan is to simply attack while Lewa stays to hear what Gali’s plan is. Kopaka and Tahu are soon overtaken and fall back. Gali informs them of the plan to work together to which they both respond that they work better alone.  Kopaka and Tahu once again get overtaken and this time the skull spiders start to climb ontop of them and hold them down. Gali signals for Lewa to quickly intervene and rescue both Tahu and Kopaka. Lewa jumps in and quickly forms a air current around him and spreads it around him, creating an updraft that carries the spiders on top of Tahu and Kopaka to fly off. He then grabs Tahu while Gali grabs Kopaka. She then suggests they use her plan to which they all agree.

She suggests that Kopaka and her function as defense while Tahu and Lewa function as offense. She releases ground water and unleashes it in a wave toward the spiders. Kopaka then uses his ice powers to freeze the spiders caught in the current. Several spiders not caught in the current attack, only to be swiftly defeated by Tahu. While fighting the skull spiders, Lewa notices the group in the front is getting farther and farther. He informs them of that and Gali changes the plan to include everyone on defense, with Lewa and Tahu helping catch the group of villagers backs up while Gali and Kopaka will hang back and defend the rear. It then switches to the protectors informing everyone that they’ve arrived. 

The protectors of that village; Kiru, Lehu and Gira tell everyone to gather in the main dome building in the village. While everyone gathers, Orik pulls Tahu aside and informs Tahu that he and the other toa will need to meet with him and the rest of the protectors later after everyone has settled down after the journey. It then switches to a smaller building with all the protectors gathered with the toa. The protectors inform the toa that although they are very strong, they’re still lacking in power. Tahu begins to interject but Orik silences him. Orik informs them that scattered around the island are Masks of power that were created by Ekimu and Makuta incase any danger were to befall.  Although their specific locations aren’t known, each of the protectors has ideas about the location of the masks. He explains that they should meet up with the protector of their element’s village for information. He also informs them that they should pair off into groups of two so that they may be able to help each other with any problems that come up. 

Onua and Pohatu. Pohatu is built into a cliff wall carving of his mask. Onua is in a cave with an old rickety bridge and stone rats that climb onto the person to weigh them down so they fall.

Lewa and Gali. Lewa’s is in an old ruin that contains no plantlife or water. Must persevere without elements. Gali’s is hidden behind a waterfall. They encounter Irek who then escapes.

Tahu and Kopaka. Kopaka’s is on top of a mountain. Tahu’s is inside a volcano.

When they get back Lewa and Gali inform them of a matoran they saw in white and gold armor. They inform them that that was Irek. Amak concludes that they must search for him. He has all the toa follow him while the protectors protect the village.

The toa follow Amak. Lewa races ahead and winds up spotting Irek again. Irek informs Lewa of what actually happened. Lewa doesn’t know who is right or not. Most of the villagers seem to believe that Amak’s story is true, while some of the villagers and the protectors believe that Irek wouldn’t do such a thing. He begins to question Amak about his story to see if he comes up with a new one.

Amak finds out what lewa is doing and attempts to escape. Skull spiders then ambush them. In the process of the ambush the toa don’t work as a team and a skull spider controls Gali and Amak is captured. The Toa locate where the skull spiders come from and figure out they are all part of a gigantic nest underneath the island. They enter the nest only to find it is a giant maze. They still don’t work as a team. Later on they decide to work as a team and are successful. One of the toa figures out that the shape of the maze is a gigantic web. All webs link up to the middle, which is where the spider queen is. The Toa end up locating the spider queen and find Amak wearing the golden skull spider mask. A fight ensues. Toa end up winning. The Spider queen informs the toa that they have yet to realize the spider’s purpose. The toa respond that they don’t need to, and imprison them with their elemental powers.

The End

And now here is some questions which might you might be wondering.

Q&A

Q: "Why the different mask powers?"

A: I decided to have the mask powers relate to either their strengths or weaknesses and have them function as lessons in a way. 

• Tahu: He was given the mask of strength since it's something he relies on too much, his own strength in his powers. Because of his increased strength he feels as though there's nothing that can stop him, as if he's invincible. But his own strength becomes his downfall as this leads to his reckless and aggressive behavior. 
  • Lewa: Pretty obvious why he was given the mask of flight, I recall seeing in the animation that he was flying anyway so why not. Also it helps with his own recklessness, as flying is normally the fastest way of traveling which in turn leads him into getting into situations  alone while no one else is prepared.
  • Kopaka: He was given basically an upgrade of his previous mask mainly for plot. It does work well though in solidifying the idea that he sees things that others do not see and is able to prepare himself for them. Because of his desire to pull his own weight though, his own preparedness (through his mask power) becomes his downfall as a member of the team by not helping them to prepare for the incoming threats.
  • Gali: Gali was given the mask of stealth because I felt that it works much better for plot. She's someone who tries to keep balance and tries to organize the team. She needs to be able to see all sides of an issue and the best way to do that is to be unopposed, to do it from an omnipotent 3rd person perspective. Of course, that wouldn't necessarily be useful during combat (as that would basically be the Kanohi Iden), so I went with the 2nd best option, which would be stealth. The ability to go undetected by enemies and to be able to observe the battle and sneak up on enemies/people.
  • Onua: This probably is the strangest one but I gave him the mask of speed. I felt like given him the mask of strength was overkill considering his appearance already looks strong. I figured he would end up being very slow compared to the other toa so I felt like he needed a speed upgrade. 
  • Pohatu: Another strange one, I gave him the mask of shielding, though this one makes sense. I gave him the mask of shielding based around his fighting style. He uses boomerangs. Once he tosses both he's practically unprotected save for his knife/dagger thing. In that situation where he's waiting for the boomerang to come back he'd most likely need a shield of some kind. I also felt like the shield should also work both ways, so that he'd have to turn it off to actually throw anything through it (instead of it functioning as a barrier). 

Q: "Why are the protector's personalities not expanded on?"

A: Didn't feel like expanding on them. 

Q: "Why does the story get less specific as it goes on?"

A: Didn't feel like writing every little detail. It was designed for a comic where only the major details need to jotted down (the rest are just visuals).

Q: "The story seems similar to the Bohrok. Was it based off of it?"

A: Yes.

Q: "What does (Insert thing here) mean in the story?"

A: Whatever is written down is all I know. I wrote the story like a year or 2 ago, I don't remember much of it aside from the fact that I wrote it.

And besides the actual Comic Scripts, that's it. 

So that's all I wrote. Just as a warning, this was before even the first novel came out of the story, so everything was just based off of the limited knowledge I had of G2 and what I parts I enjoyed/liked about G1. I also don't care what exactly is done with this. You guys can use it all, parts of it or even just scrap it all together, it's not really a concern of mine.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 1
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

I have my own Bionicle project and its own 'proto-canon' (as much has been laid down but much more is still in concept and not set in stone), called A Rude Awakening. I founded and direct it, but I have a lot of help from Toa Imrukii. Toa Vanson has been kind enough to write some music as well. Various other individuals have been of help as well, and I graciously thank them (I am sorry Ghidora for temporarily abandoning our vorox story).  Much of our lore is to flesh out the history of Spherus Magna (which felt hastily slapped together) while using our alterations and expansions to continue from where G1 left off. Our goal is to use this lore to make a video game overhaul modification for either the games Crusader Kings II or Europe Universalis IV. The two games are similar enough to lay out translatable ideas.  

I started this in early 2015, though the ideas for it gradually developed since 2010.

Now for the reason why i share this. Work is slow yes, but I think that is good thing. You want to do enough work to keep your interest, but not too much so as to burn out your interest permanently. Obviously, I go through phases of varying interest, and that is natural. A way to keep interest is to think about it a lot.  Another key thing, as others have pointed out, is to have a small team. I work closely with Imrukii, and we sometimes butt heads over design and lore concepts, as well as having misunderstandings about those things, but because it is mainly the two of us these things can be easily resolved. I can't imagine how much confusion and bickering there would be if there were 20 of us! :lol:

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

~Soran

Seems to me like you have some good ideas! Just so that there's no confusion, our plan isn't to continue G2 where Bionicle left off. Of course that doesn't mean we can't use your ideas (if you approve - we would, of course, attribute them to you). 

I have my own Bionicle project and its own 'proto-canon' (as much has been laid down but much more is still in concept and not set in stone), called A Rude Awakening. I founded and direct it, but I have a lot of help from Toa Imrukii. Toa Vanson has been kind enough to write some music as well. Various other individuals have been of help as well, and I graciously thank them (I am sorry Ghidora for temporarily abandoning our vorox story).  Much of our lore is to flesh out the history of Spherus Magna (which felt hastily slapped together) while using our alterations and expansions to continue from where G1 left off. Our goal is to use this lore to make a video game overhaul modification for either the games Crusader Kings II or Europe Universalis IV. The two games are similar enough to lay out translatable ideas.  

I started this in early 2015, though the ideas for it gradually developed since 2010.

Now for the reason why i share this. Work is slow yes, but I think that is good thing. You want to do enough work to keep your interest, but not too much so as to burn out your interest permanently. Obviously, I go through phases of varying interest, and that is natural. A way to keep interest is to think about it a lot.  Another key thing, as others have pointed out, is to have a small team. I work closely with Imrukii, and we sometimes butt heads over design and lore concepts, as well as having misunderstandings about those things, but because it is mainly the two of us these things can be easily resolved. I can't imagine how much confusion and bickering there would be if there were 20 of us! :lol:

Thank you for your advice. We have actually just stopped recruiting for that exact reason. We recognize the possibility for growth in the future, but only if things are compartmentalized (with each compartment being small) and growth is gradual. 

~Soran

Seems to me like you have some good ideas! Just so that there's no confusion, our plan isn't to continue G2 where Bionicle left off. Of course that doesn't mean we can't use your ideas (if you approve - we would, of course, attribute them to you). 

Yeah, I haven't a clue about any of the story regarding G2, so anything I wrote down is just a story from the very beginning of G2. I approve of any part of my story being used, it's no big deal to me. 

~Soran

So, I notice you've stopped gathering individuals for this now. However, if you would like some more people at a point in time, or spaces open up, I'd love to get in on this!

We'll keep that in mind.

Meanwhile to everyone else that's out there: If you don't feel like this is something you want to dedicate yourself to, yet you still want to share your ideas, go right ahead! Just be aware, once you share your idea, we have the right to use whatever portions of it we like, with or without specific credit to you.

Edited by Ghidora131

I do kinda have a story of my own, but it's not all set in stone as of yet, but any one should see the continue pf bionicle the way they want

I agree entirely. I look forward to seeing your story, should you decide to publicize it! 

So, I notice you've stopped gathering individuals for this now. However, if you would like some more people at a point in time, or spaces open up, I'd love to get in on this!

If we should decide to expand in the future, we'll be sure to keep you in mind!

Edited by Matt5327

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

After ten weeks of world building, the Bionicle Story Group has built a working premise and a solid base from which we can begin generating content. In the weeks to come, we will start work on the next phase of our project, which will be to write, in detail, the narrative of the story.

Coming along this far would not have been possible without the dedication of the group's members, volunteers who have dedicated a great portion of their own time to the project, as with it a willingness to work together to create the best story possible - even if it sometimes meant sacrificing an idea that they were attached too. We are very proud of our work thus far, and look forward to sharing it with the Bionicle community when it is ready.

• Upvote 3

I would like to clarify: Bionicle Story Group's (BSG) original purpose was to continue producing Bionicle content. By about the second week, we unanimously decided that we wanted to create an original generation of Bionicle rather than continue one of the previous generations.

Also, with our story premise finished, we will begin to focus on updating this topic much more frequently in the future and try to provide as many details on our progress as possible while keeping the story itself a secret. For now, we are unsure of the kinds of information we should release to the public, so we are erring on the side of secrecy. But rest assured: discussing public relations will be a top priority for BSG over the next couple weeks.

Edited by RahiSpeak
  • Upvote 2