Prototype G2 Parts?

Katanga

LEGO's probably burying them along with the rest of Bionicle

Um... no.

Anyhow, I'm sure that there are some prototype parts, but given how secretive LEGO is, I doubt we'll ever see them anytime soon.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

LEGO's probably burying them along with the rest of Bionicle

Um... no.

Anyhow, I'm sure that there are some prototype parts, but given how secretive LEGO is, I doubt we'll ever see them anytime soon.

I'm just being salty. I'd be lying if I said I'm still not happy with how LEGO handled G2, more of how they ended it. It just makes me more upset that LEGO seems so eager, in fact intent on forgetting that G2 ever happened. And I mean it sure wasn't great, but it's like they feel ashamed of it and aren't being open at all about it.

As for the parts, I don't think LEGO usually shows them off (though I have great memories of going through an issue of Brick Journal and looking at the prototypes for Space Police figs), though they don't hide them either and I guess they bust them out every so often, such as recently I believe a designer bought some to a con.

But given Bionicle's "special" condition, I don't think LEGO wants anything to do with the line. I mean seriously it felt like they were hesitant just to release the instructions for the Makuta build, let alone show anything else, which is why I joked that they were "burying" it all. Deep into the future LEGO might show us some things, though likely they'll bounce around until they hit eBay or something. I dunno. I'd be lying if I said I knew for sure what goes on with prototypes.

Edited by Banana Gunz

If I remember correctly, I believe Deevee was sent some prototype parts by LEGO a few days before New York Comic Con, the most interesting of which was the Bright Red/Trans Neon Orange dual blended 2015 Tahu mask. Besides that, the NYCC parts might be prototypes, as the masks were apparently looser than the final versions; but I may be mistaken on both of these things.

• Upvote 1

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

I was going to go through and make a list of all the parts that could have had prototypes for them, but then I realized that we have seen some prototypes. Those who were present at the unveiling of the line were given access to the sets and parts early, including some prototypes. Roa McToa's Makuta Ahkutan MOC includes some of Pohatu's boomerangs in silver, rather than the gunmetal color we saw in the set. So, there are some BZP members that have prototype pieces. There used to be a compendium on here that details all the prototypes we know of, so that might be the first place to look.

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I was going to go through and make a list of all the parts that could have had prototypes for them, but then I realized that we have seen some prototypes. Those who were present at the unveiling of the line were given access to the sets and parts early, including some prototypes. Roa McToa's Makuta Ahkutan MOC includes some of Pohatu's boomerangs in silver, rather than the gunmetal color we saw in the set. So, there are some BZP members that have prototype pieces. There used to be a compendium on here that details all the prototypes we know of, so that might be the first place to look.

There's a compendium? I had no clue.

I've got a couple prototype G1 pieces I should probably label as existing for that, then. As for G2 pieces, no clue - but I'd sure love some!

• Upvote 1

Prototype weapons and masks are pieces I'd be most interested in acquiring, specifically ones with unique colors. As far as I know, the masks that were given away at NYCC were simply looser than the masks that were packaged and sold. Would love to have silver boomerangs. Kind of jealous now, haha. Where might I find the compendium though?

• Upvote 1

Prototype weapons and masks are pieces I'd be most interested in acquiring, specifically ones with unique colors. As far as I know, the masks that were given away at NYCC were simply looser than the masks that were packaged and sold. Would love to have silver boomerangs. Kind of jealous now, haha. Where might I find the compendium though?

Letagi made the topic a while back. It details every unique collectible from the Platinum Avohkii to the prototypes and misprints. However, it doesn't detail the weapons and armor I remember seeing a list for. I'll keep looking around for that, but as I recall, it only included G1 parts. Not sure where else to look for anything other than the masks.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Letagi made the topic a while back. It details every unique collectible from the Platinum Avohkii to the prototypes and misprints. However, it doesn't detail the weapons and armor I remember seeing a list for. I'll keep looking around for that, but as I recall, it only included G1 parts. Not sure where else to look for anything other than the masks.

Thank you for finding that for me. Even though it mostly contained G1 items, it was still an interesting read.

Aside from the prototype parts that were distributed, there were some prototype masks shown off in the Inside Bionicle designer videos. As I recall, you can see like two early versions of Tahu's mask, and a couple others.

No way those will ever make it into the hands of the fans, though.

IetTsFQ.png

But given Bionicle's "special" condition, I don't think LEGO wants anything to do with the line. I mean seriously it felt like they were hesitant just to release the instructions for the Makuta build, let alone show anything else, which is why I joked that they were "burying" it all. Deep into the future LEGO might show us some things, though likely they'll bounce around until they hit eBay or something. I dunno. I'd be lying if I said I knew for sure what goes on with prototypes.

The apparent hesitation to share the Makuta instructions mostly seems to be because they didn't really exist at first. LEGO generally doesn't make instructions for models that aren't intended as sets, aside from select combi models or alt models. Makuta from The Journey to One was not intended for retail, so even the sort of "half-instructions" LEGO shared with BS01 are an extra step the designers seemingly took in response to fan demand, not something they'd done or planned to do but were for some reason withholding.

Aside from the prototype parts that were distributed, there were some prototype masks shown off in the Inside Bionicle designer videos. As I recall, you can see like two early versions of Tahu's mask, and a couple others.

No way those will ever make it into the hands of the fans, though.

Do you know where I might find those videos? I think I know the masks you're referring to, but I would just like to double check.

On a semi-related note, I recall there being bootlegs made of the 2015 Toa, did those have any interesting parts or recolors?

The only bootleged sets I ever see are almost exact replicas of their official Lego counterparts. I tend to stay away from bootleg stuff though, mainly because I'm a bit of a purist regarding that sort of thing. Quality is also a big issue.

There are actually quite a lot of bootlegs sold at the local comic convention I attend every year. While it's mostly minifigures, there are still some unique characters and pieces available that Lego never released themselves.