Makuta: Behemoth of the Shadows (Makuta contest entry)

XpHsCG6.jpgXmlFzcF.jpg
pL2tRBg.jpgycl4CJC.jpg

After the Toa banished Makuta to the Shadow Realm, he regained his original Mask of Control, but the Mask of Ultimate Power was trapped between dimensions.

His hate and shadow essence gained immense strength, and thus he managed to create a new body for himself out of pure shadow, inspired by the legend of “Teridax”, the Okotoan God of Shadows.

He now possesses a bigger shadow version of his hammer from the Mask Maker times and the ability to unleash a “beast form” that allows him to fly and summon shadow rays from his body.

Makuta waits for the moment a portal to Okoto would open so that he could gain the Mask of Ultimate Power, destroy his brother Ekimu and the Toa, and unleash an Era of darkness on the World.

The main 2 guys for inspiration were G1 movie teridax and TF: Prime Megatron.

Rebrick entry page:

http://www.lego.com/en-us/rebrick/view-entry?c_id={00A66255-0F67-490B-97E3-3FCD9CF12314}&a_id=58ed1590-dcd8-476b-ab90-64678e47bda8&sortEntry=false

• Upvote 4

SH0Gxlo.png

Another great entry. I didn't know the beast heads were compatible with the Mask of Control...heck, I don't know anything about them, whatever.

Claws are amazing and so are those reallt bulky feet. I'm kind of iffy about the trans purple ribcage piece on the sides of forearms and thighs. They look strange. A top quality MOC nevertheless.

Another great entry. I didn't know the beast heads were compatible with the Mask of Control...heck, I don't know anything about them, whatever.

Claws are amazing and so are those reallt bulky feet. I'm kind of iffy about the trans purple ribcage piece on the sides of forearms and thighs. They look strange. A top quality MOC nevertheless.

Thanks!

The reason I wanted to use the ribcages was for both covering the sides and adding decoration to the front, otherwise the black torso plates might have looked a bit too bland by themselves.

SH0Gxlo.png

• 7 months later...

Impressive MOC-definitely brutish. The Morro Dragon wings are a nice touch, though they look a tad small for how massive Makuta is.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge