emily

I was browsing the internet when, to my complete surprise, I found this website for the Canadian animation company "theskonkworks."What's most interesting is this page, which includes a pitch for a Johnny Thunder TV show! The main picture and description link to a PDF file, while the smaller "Johnny Thunder" print below links to the actual pitch.It seems old enough that I doubt anything ever came of it (especially with the Ninjago TV show starting up), but its quite interesting just the same.So, what do you think? And if this is old news or anything, my apologies. :P

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

This is amazing. It looks so ridiculous, but it would have been awesome simply because of the Orient Express/Adventurers vibe, still one of my favourite themes. Nice find! They sure put a lot of effort into that pitch, though a shame it was never endorsed.signoff.png

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

I love how the video shamelessly rips off the soundtrack to The Rocketeer. It still looks awesome, though, and very much in the spirit of something LEGO themselves would do. A pity nothing ever came of it.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I wish Johnny Thunder had become a show. It was one of my favorite themes, I was sad to see it go...

If you think that Justin Bieber sounds like an eight-year old girl hyped up on sugar, copy and paste this into your signature.

Copy and paste this in your signature if you think Greg Farshtey should reveal The Shadowed One's real name.

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

Guess what? My profile pic has nothing to do with My Little Pony. Get used to it. Copy and paste into your signature if your are like me.(ToaTonyia) Nvm , since I'm a brony now Dashie for president

Copy and paste this sig if you cried a little inside during the cutscenes of Halo: Reach

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fascinating stuff, good find.I suspect it was scrapped as a result of the brief life and demise of the Orient Expedition line in 2003. It probably stood a better chance of existing in 1998 or so, when Adventurers was doing better.On the other hand, maybe there were concerns that rendering the line in motion drama would make its Indiana Jones heritage too obvious.

Who cares about BIONICLE? Bring back Johnny Thunder! :PSpectacular find, my friend. Truly spectacular. I shall now go weep into my pillow with the knowledge that such a thing could have been yet never was.Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

I shall now go weep into my pillow with the knowledge that such a thing could have been yet never was.

Same here! Adventurers was my first Lego love before Bionicle (I was big into Pirates and Castle, too, but nobody caught my imagination quite like Johnny, who could go explore an old pirate ship... wrecked on the rocks outside a castle) and I rate the Johnny character right up there with Takua.Had this been made, it would've been right up there next to MNOG in "things that describe my childhood."Great find. Thanks for sharing :)- Heir

LfkQ2ln.png

Click the banner. You know you want to.

Shia Lebouf would tell you to just do it.

I... never knew about this, but it seems cool. I wish I had known about it, because it seems like the kind of thing that would be really cool to get in to.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

• 3 weeks later...

Thats cool... but if only they had made this but it might of ruined the comics which at the time was awsome. before the first bionicle movie lego had a great thing of books, flash and comics. The movie where awsome but lego after awile got lax, but this may of rocked.Man, I wish they had done that show. adventers was a awsome theme.

Edited by avak3

I have no Signature,

Why?

I'm Avak3, I don't need one.