G2 Toa possibly as Elementals and power potential.

I noticed in the last episode of journey to one that gali say's "We are the elements." Also 2 factors prove why they might have been stronger than most generation one toa but it also adds a question.
Usually a Toa is created with a Toa Stone which contains traces of energy for evolution. Pohatu's stone attack When he says earlier in the same episode "I am Toa Pohatu, Uniter of Stone! Look around you. This is my house."
The attack first flows around his body as if he was made of nothing but stones (before the nova blast like attack is used on the beasts) as a Elemental. In fictional stories pure elementals are beings that wield so much that they a living version of the element itself and can create a body of their own at will, a good example would be Tahu appearing into as a humanoid composed of flickering fire instead of detailed armor.
Also in the Manga franchise one piece there are powerful devil fruit type called logia. These users have the advantage that when they remain in a state of pure energy it becomes inflict any wounds such as you hand would be burned as if punching through a flame body. But strong willpower wielders called Haki enables attackers to injure a logia elemental fruit eaters 

With all that in mind, if the Okoto defenders are like Gali claimed, they are the elements themselves.
This is very different from compared Toa G1 toa who wielded a portion of their designated element given from a source, which meant their powers drained more easily.

So Why would the Toa Okoto need golden masks of elements (which they didn't have before landing just to gain acces to their power?)

In short if G2 had been explored further, could they have had stronger potential than we have heard G1 accomplish(emphasis on potential) and with the creatures as well the toa okoto might be strong enough to rival the power of the Toa Nuva. The most known single ammount of damage was Gali Nuva who destroyed the karzahni continent by summoning a nova blast to flood the region

Edited by necross hordika
  • Upvote 2

qs3135.jpg

Maybe the masks just gave them greater control over their powers?  Because you're absolutely right.  If the Toa are the elements, why would they need the masks?  The Okotans seem to derive powers from the masks themselves, but it doesn't make much sense for the Toa to do so too.

Or maybe it works like the Toa Tools of Gen 1.  "The power is within me, and the sword is but the focus."

Or maybe this wasn't the original intent for the Toa and they had to make up some explanation to cut out the last year of storyline. :P

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe the masks just gave them greater control over their powers?  Because you're absolutely right.  If the Toa are the elements, why would they need the masks?  The Okotans seem to derive powers from the masks themselves, but it doesn't make much sense for the Toa to do so too.

Or maybe it works like the Toa Tools of Gen 1.  "The power is within me, and the sword is but the focus."

Or maybe this wasn't the original intent for the Toa and they had to make up some explanation to cut out the last year of storyline. :P

I think my theory is close, but with G2 gone, well never know if their potential could have been exlored to their fullest. Everything in the last 2 episodes was so rushed and short.

• Upvote 1

qs3135.jpg

Yea I got the sense that in G2 they were more elementals rather than Bio-meachincals. Makes sense to me

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

The way I see it the Toa had the potential to be like the elementals of other fictions. But they simply lack the proper training, which is not suprising, as they seemengly have to relearn everything each time they are summoned from the stars. 

Maybe the mask were like focusing devicies, allowing them to control their power.

They had the potential to be very powerful, perhaps invincible. But power is moot without experience guiding it. Look at Helryx from G1: She had so much training and knlowledge that she was able to lead one of the most powerful organizations in the universe, and her raw power was the same as any Toa.