nui rama wax

It's hard to tell about whether they'd produce wax. The Nui-Rama hive in Mata Nui Online Game looked less like a beehive and more like a combination of a wasp nest (which would be made primarily of paper) and termite mound (which would be made primarily of dirt or digested plant materials). Nothing in Bionicle ever really describes what specifically Nui-Rama nests were made of.

As for honey, in real life, it comes from regurgitated, partially-digested nectar from flowering plants. Nothing in Bionicle ever describes Nui-Rama as feeding on nectar. The closest thing to that is how on Metru Nui they fed on liquid protodermis from the chute system, specifically the impurities in it. On Mata Nui, both Nui-Rama and Nui-Kopen were chiefly predatory, and competed for the same prey species. Some species of predatory wasps in real life do produce honey, but most do not.

• Upvote 2

There's a species of carnivorous bees that make meat honey, but it apparently tastes foul.

Wax... Perhaps the Ta-Matoran wax is made from rahi. Wax is related to fat, right? And fat is an energy source for organic musculature and machinery. Perhaps some of the more organic rahi had fat stores as well as muscles and edible energy.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

yeah i just wondered from what came the candles whenuas mysterios altar and the ussal wav (i know thats just error in switching matoran syllables for x and v just thought its funny but still for volunteraly going in hive is not so stange since its canon that le-koro gukko force did use the rama us steeds with the gukko,kewa and kahu

would rather use a smoke too get them out of their hive and come in and take it out of there then jump on their backs and try to control them

Edited by Demfem86

I wanna point out that there are even sea creatures who use fat to insulate themselves from frigid waters. Perhaps the Ta and Ga matorans trade goods to each other for materials. So perhaps the Ga matorans barter fat, blubber, and other fish products, for tools, and other metal products from the Ta matorans.

This is all hypothetical on my part of course, but for the Matorans, it would seem easier to bater and trade with each other to gain the needed goods.

Then again..... Why do the matorans need candles when they have light stones!?

• Upvote 1

That because the new iCandle 7 just came out! It been all the craze across Mata Nui!

Gleaming glistens The Red Star,
Bringing life to death afar,
Up away in deepest space,
You call me from your distant place.

Proud member of the Kanohi Force (Disavowed, but never dead)

To not be dependent on Onu-Koro's economy (and prices)?

To not have the permanent twinkle of a lightstone disturb you as you sleep, and turn your light on and off whenever you want?

To provide an alternative should lighstones ever run out?

In MNoG the arch in Onu-Koro involves around lightstones running low, and the need to find new ore veins.

Miner_Strike.png

Man. Look at that story telling. The lamp to the left, empty and dormant. The matoran, surrounded by torches and candles striking and refusing to mine (I wonder if they are unionized). But in the distance, one miner continues to work. You must go to him to advance the plot. Brilliant.

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png