Post-2008 In GSR

Pohaturon

So I'm not exactly sure if S&T is the best thing for this, since this is more of a discussion on a "what if" scenario rather than the actual canon story, but hey, I guess it fits here.

I'm sure this thought flashed through most of your heads at one point or another, but how would you have envisioned the G1 storyline after 2008 if it would have stayed in the GSR? What if Teridax miscalculated and the Toa Nuva were successful in awakening the Great Spirit in the Codrex, and when the heroes gathered in Metru Nui to celebrate, the constellation in the sky showed them the symbol of the three virtues instead of a Krahkaan?

I actually think about this a lot. I would have loved to see a whole new toa team, preferably of the secondary elements, like Sonics (make Krakua a set and main character!), Plasma, Iron, Gravity, Psionics and Electricity maybe (I know there are more of them). It would have been interesting to explore some of the locations we only got glimpsed of in spite of being told that they're really important, like the large northern and southern continents, or maybe something of a island-hopping adventure on the many southern isles. What if, with a bit of 2008 retconning, the energy storm didn't only wreck Karda Nui, but caused all kinds of natural disasters throughout the GSR. While the main cast is all happy on Metru Nui, celebrating and getting drunk off Madu Pálinka, say an earthquake wrecked a prison or something on one of the southern isles, and an inexperienced rookie Toa team is sent to re-capture the escaped Dark Hunters or other baddies.

The whole storyline with the Shadowed One and his virus would be continued, eventually making him the next big baddie with Teridax gone (for good), and the new Toa would be mixed up in it due to their pursuit of the fugitive Dark Hunters.

I also noted that, in spite of elements and elemental powers being a big thing in Bionicle, the story never ever pulled something where a character tried to achieve control over multiple elements. A new storyline could even have focused on an outlaw Toa who was banished due to killing an opponent and thus violating the Toa code attempts suicide by way of energised protodermis, however instead of dying, he/she is mutated into a new being with the power to gain control over any element if it consumes a user. So initially it would have no element, but if it consumed (via shadow hand or something) a Toa of Fire, it could control fire. If it consumed a Toa of Air after, it could control Fire and Air, and then it would go on a murderous quest to become the master of every element, causing it to target, say, Takanuva, since he is the only Toa of Light. 

Seeing as G1 had a tendency to become multi-layered and complicated in terms of story, both could be weaved together in some way. 

Anyhow, that is my personal take on a potential story set on the GSR post-2008. If you were put in charge of coming up with such a story, how would you do it?

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

A new storyline could even have focused on an outlaw Toa who was banished due to killing an opponent and thus violating the Toa code attempts suicide by way of energised protodermis, however instead of dying, he/she is mutated into a new being with the power to gain control over any element if it consumes a user. So initially it would have no element, but if it consumed (via shadow hand or something) a Toa of Fire, it could control fire. If it consumed a Toa of Air after, it could control Fire and Air, and then it would go on a murderous quest to become the master of every element, causing it to target, say, Takanuva, since he is the only Toa of Light.

Seeing as G1 had a tendency to become multi-layered and complicated in terms of story, both could be weaved together in some way.

"Your time is over, Korra. I will merge with Vaatu and we will become a Dark Avatar!"

Yeah, that second idea sounds more like Avatar than bionicle.

Edited by Regitnui

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

A new storyline could even have focused on an outlaw Toa who was banished due to killing an opponent and thus violating the Toa code attempts suicide by way of energised protodermis, however instead of dying, he/she is mutated into a new being with the power to gain control over any element if it consumes a user. So initially it would have no element, but if it consumed (via shadow hand or something) a Toa of Fire, it could control fire. If it consumed a Toa of Air after, it could control Fire and Air, and then it would go on a murderous quest to become the master of every element, causing it to target, say, Takanuva, since he is the only Toa of Light.

"Your time is over, Korra. I will merge with Vaatu and we will become a Dark Avatar!"

Never having seen Avatar, I did not know that.

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Honestly, I would've like to have seen Makuta-controlled MU more in a post-2008 story. I know we got the Reign of Shadows serial, Makuta's Guide to the Universe, and some of the latter chapters of Takanuva's Blog that showed some events that took place during this time. But I would've liked to have seen how his rule was affecting the Metru Nui and other places in greater detail.

For example, Reign of Shadows has Tahu and a few other random characters working together just to survive in its first couple of chapters. I would've loved to have seen more of this group's interactions, and maybe even show other groups as well. Another example would be Axonn, Brutaka, and Keetongu being sent to the Southern Islands. It would've been really cool to see how they escaped from there, but it's only touched upon in Reign of Shadows. 

Also, the storyline with The Shadowed One having the viruses could've been used as a way to give the characters hope that they could somehow put the MU back to sleep and drive Makuta out. How successful that idea would've been, we will never know. But I do think that it would've given the Toa and other heroes some hope in taking down Teridax. 

As for the concept of Toa having more than one elemental power, I do think it would've been a cool idea, if executed right. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Honestly I would have just stayed in the GSR after 2008 and would have had it been full blown war. That way we could meet almost all of those in the GSR. All the other Toa and Matoran, and what or whoever else. That way we could explore the rest of the universe that was still there and finally expand to the unnamed species and such. In fact my character Imrukii has a roll in the war against Teridax and his Reign of Terror. Final stands and heartfelt losses. Sacrifices made in the name of Mata Nui. One example of such is a one man stand off against hordes of enemies, testing ones mettle, but honestly I think that the Toa code would be made null during this time. In fact my character and island hopping are relavent that would eventually come to a final stand and tricking Teridax. I won't say much though.

The way I would have done it is that I would have regiments of warriors, armies if you will. Full blown warfare. Massive bloody battles, great losses and sacrificies. Island hopping of specific chrcter's parties who had been broken off in shattered retreat from a massive battle, ultimately distracting Teridax as they damage his systems discovering that they are in a robot, allowing other armies to take control of the northern parts of the universe and expell teridax, ultimately replacing his consciousness with another and returning to Bara Magna where Mata Nui is, and swap consciousnesses with him and reform the world, but little do they know is that teridax had corrupted one fo the moons in some place in the vein hope of continuing his legacy. So he wouldn't be dead, but just bodyless. Perhaps trapped in an object or something until a new body would be made for him. Or perhaps being a lake of Antidermis.

I dunno, something like this would be cool. Perhpas the later stuff with Spherus Magna I would do differntly than how I listed it, but hey, I haven't thought past the island hopping and sacrifice for the control of the GSR.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Never having seen Avatar, I did not know that.

Don't worry about it. Bionicle works best when we focus on the whole 'robot warriors in a giant body' angle instead of the 'element wielders' angle. Edited by Regitnui

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...