How aware is everyone that they're inside a giant robot?

I'm back into bonkle lore, so I'm just wondering this.

It seems like Teridax has always been fully aware of the robot, since his plan has always revolved around it.

But who else would know?  Would any Matoran have any clue that they're all inside a giant robot?  I saw that they built the robot in the dark so that they wouldn't know what exactly they were building, and certain dangerous Rahi exist to keep curious Matoran out of the robot's more vital parts.

In 100,000 years, I'm sure at least some cartographers have mapped the entire robot, especially considering that intercontinental trade is a thing in the Matoran Universe.  Surely someone would notice that it's in the shape of a person.

What about any other species/people?  The other Makuta?  Artakha?  Karzahni?  The Shadowed One?  Any of the OoMN?  Tiribomba?  Would they know?

If I recall correctly, the Matoran knew that islands were contained within domes and that each dome was linked to other domes. They likely also noticed that the domes' relative positions to one another occasionally changed (such as, unbeknownst to them, when the robot moved its arms) so I imagine cartography was mostly done on a dome-by-dome basis rather than a full universe map.

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

If I recall correctly, the Matoran knew that islands were contained within domes and that each dome was linked to other domes. They likely also noticed that the domes' relative positions to one another occasionally changed (such as, unbeknownst to them, when the robot moved its arms) so I imagine cartography was mostly done on a dome-by-dome basis rather than a full universe map.

Oh, okay, that makes sense.  That's pretty much the position that we, the fans, were in before 2010 when the big reveal happened.  We just knew that they were domes connected to each other.

I guess anything that isn't separated by a robot joint is a dome.  (Like the head is the Metru Nui dome, the chest and abdomen are two domes with the Northern and Southern Continents respectively plus the other islands, each arm is split into the upper arm and forearm dome, etc.)

Makuta only realized the universe's true nature after Mutran, having survived an encontre with Tren Krom, told him about it around 300 years before th Great Cataclysm. Aside from Tren Krom, I don't recall anyone in particular knowing about MN being a giant robot.

I can't actually blame the Matoran for not knowing. Look at ourselves: Conceptions of our planet, esentially our universe for a long time, ranged from it being the centerpoint of existance to being carried by a giant and even turtles and elephants. Even today with our science there are millions of things we don't completely undersand.

• Upvote 2

Makuta only realized the universe's true nature after Mutran, having survived an encontre with Tren Krom, told him about it around 300 years before th Great Cataclysm. Aside from Tren Krom, I don't recall anyone in particular knowing about MN being a giant robot.

I can't actually blame the Matoran for not knowing. Look at ourselves: Conceptions of our planet, esentially our universe for a long time, ranged from it being the centerpoint of existance to being carried by a giant and even turtles and elephants. Even today with our science there are millions of things we don't completely undersand.

For all we know it could be lions that move the planets.

Also wouldn't the Order of Mata Nui know the MU was a robot.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

For all we know it could be lions that move the planets.

Also wouldn't the Order of Mata Nui know the MU was a robot.

Depends on how Mata Nui appeared to them back in the days he still had a firm hand on his internal inhabitants.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

• 3 weeks later...

This is the first time I heard the islands of the MU being contained within domes... Do there happen to be any references where I can refer to? 

I honestly forgot about them until Chip Biscuit brought them up, but I remember now.

As early as '04 I wanna say, when we learned that Metru Nui was underground, I believe Greg Farshtey himself confirmed that the Matoran Universe was a series of underground domes, each containing a group of islands while Metru Nui had its own dome.  I think that's probably as close as he could get to telling us the truth without revealing the giant robot.  Sadly, I don't think I can direct you to anything, since we don't have anything that old here.