Largest Ever LEGO Sculpture Created for Land Rover Reveal

Hapori Tohu

Yesterday, British auto company Land Rover formally unveiled their new Discovery SUV, and British LEGO Certified Professional Duncan Titmarsh and his studio Bright Bricks helped make it a momentous occasion with a record-breaking LEGO sculpture of London's Tower Bridge! The bridge replica stood 13 meters tall and used 5,805,846 individual bricks (476,646 bricks more than the previous record holder, the 2013 Times Square X-Wing Fighter). Check out the Bright Bricks, Land Rover, and Guinness World Records websites for more details, including pictures and video!

View the full article

Hey guys! Wish I'd seen this thread a few days ago, but I'm not really active in the Bionicle community anymore.

I actually work for Bright Bricks, started over the summer, as a multi-media coordinator, and I saw this being built. It was kind of staggering just how much work actually went into it, and it was a tight secret too, right up until last Wednesday when Land Rover revealed it. I have a few facts here:

Total number of bricks: 5,805,846
Total weight of bricks: over 14 tonnes
Total height 13+ metres
Total length: 40+ metres
No. of builders: up to 24 at one point
Man hours: just over 12,000

I didn't have a hand in the building of it myself, but I did produce a short stop-motion animation about the project. I believe the smaller model that I used in the animation was actually also intended for the client, and as such I was a bit limited when animating it being built, since I couldn't really take it apart!  :blink: But I think I did okay nonetheless. Fun fact: every minifigure in this animation (save for the construction crew and the photographers) are all based on real Bright Bricks builders!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UThdu9KBCbQ

I'm currently editing together a time-lapse for the model stag that was placed at the side of the bridge, should be up this weekend.

As a side-note, I never got to see the X-Wing for myself but I'm sure it was very impressive.

Edited by Jam Pot Studios
  • Upvote 2

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg