Pick a Brick needs a huge update.

ToaTImeLord

I think Lego needs to update its inventory on Pick a Brick and include basic CCBS pieces.

The constraction fans need to be able to have a similar part selection that system fans get.

If someone would like to create a poll that would be fantastic.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Pick-A-Brick DID once have CCBS parts, but apparently it was confusing for consumers who didn't have CCBS sets or recognize the connection points of those parts. People would buy/order parts and then be confused about how to actually integrate them with their predominantly System-based collections. I would not be surprised if that's why those sorts of parts have not been available on Pick-a-Brick since then, since Lego is very concerned about maintaining customer satisfaction, and as such eliminating that sort of confusion is an important step toward making sure no customer regrets their purchases.

Another factor is that Pick-A-Brick draws from a pool of parts that are currently available, and with Bionicle ending that pool is going to be becoming quite a bit smaller as far as CCBS parts are concerned, at least for the near future.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Unfortunately, LEGO has tried including constraction parts on the online Pick-A-Brick in the past (they had quite a substantial selection from 2011–2014), and they didn't sell well enough to justify the floor space they took up in the warehouse where Pick-A-Brick orders are packed. The number of System builders who place orders through Pick-A-Brick simply dwarfs the number of constraction builders who do the same.

LEGO even had a trial run of CCBS parts at in-store Pick-A-Brick walls back in 2011 (partly as a measure to promote the Hero Recon Team service), with similar results. Most buyers who visited the wall didn't really understand how to use them, because they were mostly familiar with System building.

There might also be other problems with putting constraction parts on Pick-A-Brick today. Generally, Pick-A-Brick is limited to in-production parts, and so without a new constraction theme yet announced to replace Bionicle, the selection of CCBS parts available for that purpose might be very limited.

EDIT: ninja'd

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 1