Takanuva, Illuminate Adventurer

30088642742_5e71818ba0_z.jpg

Gallery

You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.

- Turaga Nokama

Takanuva is one of my favorite Bionicle characters, and the Avohkii one of my favorite masks. So at Brickfair I commissioned a pearl gold Mask of Light from Modalt and set out to do a reimagining of the Toa of Light, fittingly coinciding with the end of an onslaught of contest Makuta. I've tried to go for the feel of an adventurer, rather than an armored warrior, reflecting the affinity for exploration Takanuva has and the chances he's got for it now on Spherus Magna. It was also pretty fun using translucent pieces to represent his versatile elemental powers. I hope you'll let me know what you think, and enjoy!

• Upvote 18

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

This is amazing. I really like how you got the slope of the shoulder armor and added grebes while still keeping the build nice and smooth. I think you could work on the lower legs (that armor piece doesn't seem right) and I think the torso could be shorter. Awesome creation, especially at his time!

The Pearl Gold Avohkii is stunning! Though I would imagine the 2008 Avohkii to suit this color better. Anyways, I honestly don't like the shaping in some areas, and how the gold droops down his sides like a coat of sorts. It's a cool MOC nevertheless, as always. 

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Thanks everyone! I always appreciate the feedback, praise and critique.

The Pearl Gold Avohkii is stunning! Though I would imagine the 2008 Avohkii to suit this color better. Anyways, I honestly don't like the shaping in some areas, and how the gold droops down his sides like a coat of sorts. It's a cool MOC nevertheless, as always. 

:tohu:

The 2008 Avohkii is really big though, and I don't like the shape nearly as much as the original. The gold resembling a coat is intentional, part of the adventurer thing I was aiming for. If it's not to your liking though, fair enough; it's good anyways to hear that came through.

This is amazing. I really like how you got the slope of the shoulder armor and added grebes while still keeping the build nice and smooth. I think you could work on the lower legs (that armor piece doesn't seem right) and I think the torso could be shorter. Awesome creation, especially at his time!

Similarly, I chose the armor on the lower leg to resemble a boot. I can see that it might be a little odd, but overall I think it meets that purpose fairly well.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

At first glance, I failed to see an adventurer in this fella. Stunning and menacing in an elegant way, but still a warrior. Then I noticed the golden boots...and the golden coat. I thought it was weird to have that white stripe in the middle of his chest. Still, the coat looks more like the movie turaga's robes than anything. Classy and noble, not suitable for possibly hazardous journeys. But that's just me. All in all, wanderer or warrior, it's a wonderful rendition of Takanuva, pleasant to look at after dozens of Makuta - I do believe though that his staff is unnecessarily complex.

Edited by Millennium
  • Upvote 1

Something on the shaping seems a little off. The chest seems a little too far out, the abdominal section seems a little too flat, the gold Skull Spider hips seem a little bit unnecessary.

Everything else, though, is too wonderful. I can't believe how good of a MOCist you're becoming. Keep it up!

This is amazing! I've always loved Taknuva and always wished we got a good newer version in gold. You have done this perfectly.

Onvermel

• Upvote 1

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

"from light, into being"

this is impressive! i've noticed you have a knack for how bionicle shapes fit together to make something generally seamless,

the head, in my opinion is set a little low into the shoulders, but i think that's more me being picky than anything inherently wrong. x:

the light construct thingies are also neat!

• Upvote 1

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

• 3 weeks later...

I really like how solid the body looks and your version of the Staff of Light, but the head seems a little out of place and the proportions in general look a little off.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

• 7 months later...

The MOC itself is amazing.  Takanuva has always been my favorite character in Bionicle, and I especially loved him as a child.  I really like what you say about him being able to explore more on Spherus Magna ^w^

"a b c d e f g, Rahkshi are my enemy.

Some are black, some are blue.

That one's chewing on my shoe.

Now I'm running for my life,

One of the Rahkshi has a knife!"

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

The MOC itself is amazing.  Takanuva has always been my favorite character in Bionicle, and I especially loved him as a child.  I really like what you say about him being able to explore more on Spherus Magna ^w^

Please don't post in topics that have been inactive for over sixty days.

Topic attached to ill-fated jaywalker.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg