The Official OTC TBRPG Planning and Organization Topic

Noxryn

... I honestly can't think of a way to handle this in a TBRPG, besides instituting random dice rolls.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

Well, why not just do the dice thing if people ABSOLUTELY won't figure it out themselves? You can ask someone if they want to fight, skirmish, etc, but when it starts to get nasty, roll. No bias that way. Because the idea of people being able to not get hurt/killed when they don't want to in a RPG where you're supposed to hurt people is ridiculous.

The Transformers RPGs were always too hectic for my taste. Back when I tried to join in one, by the time I got my post finished(Not even two paragraphs, either) there was half a page of posts, which made my post not make sense, and themselves often didn't.

baltimore_ravens.png

Want to do a sandbox Don't want to do space Wanna be a drummer- er, Fantasy sandbox, each player makes a kingdom to fight other kingdoms.... I guess the trick is finding something interesting to do with it. Do you guys prefer high fantasy or low fantasy?

For awhile a couple years ago, I was helping somebody with a high fantasy sandbox RPG for this site, but I guess they never finished and it never saw fruition. In a sandbox, High Fantasy is the way to go in my opinion ^-^

Low fantasy. I'd love it if it felt like Conan The Barbarian(Books, not film) Also, if you don't want to do space, I could run an IL style RPG...

Edited by Your Friend Doctor Robert

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

An IL-styled high fantasy RPG would be AMAZING.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

If you like this banner, please feel free to add it to your signature.

QUOTE(GregF @ Oct 13 2010, 03:21 AM)

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

Do you think you have what it take to climb... Up the Carrion Stair!

Credit to Toa Zehvor MT for the banner!

High fantasy is stuff set in a different world, like Lord of the Rings, low fantasy is stuff that is in our world and more grounded, like Harry Potter

That's Urban Fantasy, though I'd hesitate to call HP even that, since you don't really touch on modern world v magic. Low Fantasy is more ASoIaF. Less on everyone having wizards and slinging spells.

Second Draft of Spacelands, Dark Times. Opinions and Criticism is welcome and accepted.

Spacelands: Dark Times

The year is 300 A.S. in Human Times(Short for "300 Years After Space Travel"). In Universal Space Time, it is 10 A.G.W(10 Years after the Great War). Times are hard, and skirmishes and wars are widespread throughout the universe. Much of the galaxy is shaken after the Great War. The Great War was a five-way war with U.N.C.S.B, the Imperial Separatists, the Draconian Alliance, The Union, and The United Space Nations(A human faction). The war was over invasion of the Draconic Galaxy, a neighboring galaxy to the Milky Way. Nobody won the war, though, you could say the Draconian Alliance did, due to the fact they protected their borders and attacked and destroyed all border bases. The aftermath of the war was considered some of the hardest times in modern space history. The destruction of so many cities, massacres of aliens, whole planets destroyed, and so many hidden agendas revealed, left the typical citizen of the Milky Way broken and uneasy.10 years have passed since then. Times have changed. The Coalition has lost several planets and species of support to them, and many people are weary of them. The Imperial Separatists have turned into the Imperial Shadows(Or Imps, due to the usage of Bachrasians, an Imp-like group of aliens) , and control about half of the Milky Way Galaxy. While considered Tyrannical by veterans of the war, many see them as a new hope, as they are very honest about all of their works and what they are going to do. However, they are also very strict and impose law everywhere.The Union is now a more open and public faction. While it was always public to join, their operations where always quite and not well-known. They help the Imperial Shadows economy, in return for them to use Imperial Space as a working grounds and all members must have jobs. However, they control their own parts of space, something that didn't exist pre-war for them.The Draconian Alliance is know very well-known, and known as a "Jack of All Trades, Master of All" group for "winning" one of the largest wars and winning the majority of battles. The War has affected them much, and now they have set up large collections of advance border outposts to detect any ships coming into the cluster of stars. They also have formed their own universal military to protect the galaxy, instead of several covert ops groups.The United Space Nations, the futuristic and larger version of the real United Nations - is having large internal tensions. Considering it comprises all of humanity except for a few, small, splinter groups(that work outside of their own territory anyways) the difference of opinions and how to deal with situations is very large and diverse. This means that the group will most likely split up into several factions - however, probably not smaller.

Factions:

The Factions of Spacelands are diverse and varied - and more exist than this. However, these are the five major factions known to many(Note: Due to the Draconian Alliance working outside of the Milky Way Galaxy, not much is known about them, however, people do know they exist). Major Factions: The Imperial Shadows is an empire ruled by Sioul, an unknown Võimkasu alien. While he appears to be evil, his intentions are obviously good. He wants to rule the galaxy under peace and law. The Imperial Shadows control about half of the Milky Way Galaxy, and while, previously having bad reputation, are doing quite good on political and economic terms. Sioul also has a group of his apprentices that he is training and uses to diplomatically end any hostilities. Only two apprentices(Or, as called by the civilians, "Sioul's Shadows," or "The Right Hand of Law.") have been seen and identified, both deceased now. The rules they use are as followed:-There is no trading, unless with Imperial Authorities.-There cannot be any use of elemental powers(Known as Võimkasus) unless working with the Imperial Force. Any use of these powers, and the user shall be taken in by the Imperial Shadows.-There shall be no creation of new technology, unless given to the Imperial Forces first.-All forms of free speech are allowed, unless violent, such as riots.-All guns and weapons in Imperial space shall be registered and regulated.-Spaceships shall only go on approved space routes unless you are given permission otherwise-You must have a barcode stamped onto you for use of scanning to enter spaceports and planets-All citizens must wear full body suits unless in their house on their homeworld. This is for your own safety, since all atmospheres are different.-FTL Drives must be registered with the Imperial Space Travel Agency before use. All Wormhole gates are constantly regulated by our officers and can be used for free.-All local laws on each planet or city must be regulation and agreement with these lawsSuch is the laws of the Imperial Shadows.Government: Empire with assisting CouncilColors: Black with darkened colors of the rainbowSymbol: A blackhole with spirals going all in the same way, and everything even and symmetricalLeader: Sioul, Justicator of the Blackhole The United Coalition of Sapient Beings(U.N.C.S.B, or typically called "Coalition") is much less strict, and planets have much control. However, every planet must have two representatives in their Republic(One male and female, if hermaphroditic, asexual, or having more than two genders, species may pick at will) and each species must have five to represent their species as a whole.The Coalition is notable for having no rules, but only morals and issues are debated among all species part of it. There is one elected leader each meeting to handle the matter that is being discussed. If the matter needs direct intervention, the Coalition sends out their private military group to deal with it swiftly and makes sure that no one dies unless necessary or directly assigned to kill.Government: Representative Democracy with high-end State Powers.Colors: All colors.Symbol: A rising white sun, with a rainbow upside down peace sign(without circle)Leader: Elected per meeting. The Draconian Alliance is an Alliance of species from the Draconic Galaxy, a galaxy adjacent to the Milky Way. During the War, they had to constantly destroy outposts from other factions and protect their borders from invaders. The Alliance survived, after having millions of casualities, but are now thriving under anarchy and peace once again. They now have a formal military, consistenting of volunteers from all members and species in the alliance. However, the military is has been on downtime since the war, and instead, an unknown person is still controlling covert ops forces for use of protection and missions that are in the Milky Way or other galaxies. Government: Complete Anarchy.Colors: Non-universal, members identify with symbol.Symbol: two dragons that are next to each other, with a chaotic galaxy in the background.Leader: There are only leaders of specific operations, but no true leader of the group. The Union is a huge collection of intergalactic workers unions that maintain spaceports and trading routes. They even regulate the Imperial Shadows trading, in exchange that all their workers have jobs if they live in Imperial Shadow space. They have became so large, that they now have their own sector in space. However, having no rules, and only caring about economy and jobs, leads it to be a space full of runaway slaves, wanted criminals, bounty hunters, mercenaries, pirates, gangs, and any other type of shifty people. However, in exchange, all pirates and mercenaries must help The Union when necessary or else they will boot them out of space.Government: Complete anarchy, each individual company and worker has equal power and equal rights to help with every operation and assignment.Colors: Tan, Black, and Neon GreenSymbol: Three C's put together in triad fashion, all having pickaxes. A money symbol is shown in the middleLeader: Lacks any according to the public. The United Space Nations is a representative democracy that almost every human joined after discovering space travel and settling colonies. A few splinter groups did not join, however, the operate outside of USN space. The USN is very similar to the Coalition, but only has humans and does not contain any local groups or military, but instead, are all unified. Now, after the war, many humans have been debating why they entered the war, the methods used, etc. Because of this, it is very likely the USN will split up and make several other human factions.Government: Representative Democracy.Colors: Medium Blue and White.Symbol: A White silhouette of Earth with dual white leaves in the background. The rest of the symbol is medium blue.Leader:Viscount Jojo Remington Harington the III, of Lithuanian Descent. More factions can be added as they are made in game, or made up by you. If wanting a new faction, PM Me.

Võimkasus:

Võimkasus are, simply to put it, elemental users. Not all species are Võimkasus naturally, but can be exposed to certain elements to gain powers(However, this use only gives you the powers of Dark Energy or Radiation). Some species naturally have the powers to control elements, due to them being made out of the said element or their body can produce it(Example: Plasma or Crystal based species). The following are a list of elements you can choose, but PM me first to say you will be a Võimkasu(Also, Darkness will NEVER be allowed because Darkness is just the absence of light, and thus, not a element nor power).Primary ElementsEarthWaterFireAir Secondary ElementsIceElectricitySonicsPlant LifePlasmaPsionicsAcid Tertiary ElementsGravityMagnestismLightDark Energy(Think Biotics from ME)SandKinetics("Energy")Iron Minor ElementsThese elements may just be too weak, or are a combination or subset of some elementSmokeLavaMoonSunCrystalStone/RockThunder

Important People:

Nîflkkøjær: The Leader of the Nirø-Vikax, he was a major member in the Great War, since his species lives in the Draconian Galaxy, he had to defend it from any intruders.Archres: A former member of the Draconian Alliance, he was left for the dead and then joined the Bachrasians. He was part of the Oligarchy of Imperial Shadows, until he was killed by Omega Squad that Nîflkkøjær assembled to kill him.Sioul: The Emperor of the Imperial Shadows, Sioul is a a humanoid figure cloaked in black and has piercing red eyes. He was nearly killed on Aliquam Omega, but escaped and now rules the Imperial Shadows of the Milky Way Galaxy.The Holy One: A Genderless alien that seems to lack all features but eyes, and has glowing white skin and gold eyes, he wears religious armor and robes. He is the Leader of an unknown cult. His true name is unknown to the public.Viscount Jojo Remington Harington the III: The Current Secretary-Admiral of the USN, he is well defended and a former king of his own planet.

Species:

There are millions, if not, trillions of species in the universe. So, of course, this list is not complete and will constantly be updated. Not in alphabetical order either. Torilneans: Lean, fast, and quite humanoid aliens that typically have blue eyes and brown hair. They are water-based species, and can interbreed with humans. However, a major difference is that they cannot breath oxygen nor nitrogen, and thus where completely concealing armor on almost everyworld(Not that any other species doesn't). All of the armor have blades built-in for use in melee combat. All of their suits have electrical launchers built-in to their gauntlets, that they use to shoot lightning. They are technologically advanced by far, and their weapons are usually all long range and extremely accurate. Their Võimkasus always seem to be Electricity or Plasma ones.Affilation: Draconian Alliance Bachrasians: Imp-like aliens from an overcrowded world, they are red, yellow, and cyan colored and have small wings, making high-altitude flight difficult. They can constantly fly, making their legs very weak. They are very skinny and and gangly. They are usually called Imps by most people, which is even more normal now that they are the primary force and soldiers of the Imperial Shadows. Contrary to what Imps looked like in mythology, Bachrasians have very animal like faces, and have very long, dual underbite fangs. They always wear armor, due to their natural weakness. There have been no natural Võimkasus for Bachrasians.Affilation: Imperial Shadows Avizians: Bat like aliens, they lack echolocation, and in return, have better eyesight but worse hearing. They live on a wetland jungle planet, and have created forts in the dark, low parts of the jungle. They live upside down, and hang from vines. They are around human-sized and possess lower intelligence than most. However, they make up for this in their stealthiness, flying, and having good durability. They all have poisonous fangs and night vision, making them ideal assassins. Their natural Võimkasus are Poison or Plant-Life.Affilation: Draconian Alliance -More species will be added when I feel like typing it out.-

RPG Rules:

These are the rules you must follow for this RPG, in addition to BZP Rules.-Be respectful of follow RPGers-Do not god-moderator, as in, no invicibility, no inescaple traps, no killing off important characters, etc.-If you need to use any of the "Important People," PM me.-Do not kill off anybody else's NPCs or Player Characters without their permission.-If you want to add a new species or faction, PM me.-In addition to above, if you make a new species, I'd prefer you controlling them or at least updating us on their affairs and such.-No using species or factions from any other popular media. If you feel the need to, PM me, and I may work something out.-No extreme violence or torture, because no person would honestly do that in real life, as it is a waste of time.-If you want to start some war or something important, again, PM me.-You may only have 10 created characters to play as, but you can have infinitve Non-Player Characters(NPCs).-Have fun, no anger or hate.-Please, try to have a 100 word minimum for each IC Post. ]

Player Characters:

This list will be updated when people make characters and submit them.

Character Creation Sheet:

This is the sheet used for character creation. You can create characters that are not directly controlled by you.Name:Species:Gender:Faction Affiliation(s):Alignment:Weapon(s):Appearance:Allie(s):Enemie(s):NPC?(Y/N):Personality:Bio: What is "Alignment"?Now, I'm sure the rest of the form is self-explantory, but Alignment probably isn't. Alignment is what describes your Ethics and Morality of the character, if they even possess either of those. I will be using a Modified D&D Alignment for this. As such, the scale goes "Good" to "Evil" for Morality and "Lawful" to "Chaotic" for Ethics.Morality: Morality is how Good or Evil a person is. While Good and Evil are not black and white concepts, we're going to assume Good and Evil as the traditional types, and I can guess what all of you know what that is. Here is the scale.GoodNeutral with leaning towards Good(Neutral/Good)NeutralNeutral with leaning towards evil(Neutral/Evil)Evil The two new ones, represent "Neutral with tendency towards Good" and "Neutral with tendency towards Evil" I could not find anything to describe the two, so if you have any two words to represent those two, please, PM me. Ethics: Ethics is how you handle situations. If you follow the law or not, if you do it the way you want to, etc.LawfulNeutral with leaning towards Lawful(Lawful/Neutral)NeutralNeutral with leaning towards Chaotic(Chaotic/Neutral)Chaotic To create your alignment you take your Ethics and put it infront of your Morals. Examples would be "Neutral Good," "Chaotic Evil," "Judicial Neutral," "True Neutral," "Chaotic Neutral/Evil," etc. I included the extra leaning alignments as they may be useful to some characters. However, you obviously don't have to use them if you don't want to.

Edited by Niflheim

Honestly a high fantasy would be great, personally though if I did something like it I'd probably use the Elder Scrolls series, preferably Morrowind. I'm going to PM my Co-GM for my project that's still under wraps. If he doesn't answer within a week I am probably going to start work on the World of Awesome RPG. EDIT: Uh Niflheim, unless something is wrong with computer or browser, that spoiler doesn't seem to be working.

Edited by The Mask

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

Just tossing random ideas around here, I've been thinking some more about a Warhammer 40,000 RPG, mainly toning down the grimdark to make it both fun to play and suitable for this audience.

-Rover

i just wanna go ahead and say right now that you're trying to do too much. elements in a science fiction setting is a little ridiculous, and should stay in camelot-esque genres. you also have a -lot- of factions, much more then i care to try and memorize. i also want to say that having -all- the factions paragraphs isn't very appealing at all. i haven't given it a full read through, so take my comments with a grain of salt, i'll try and get a fuller review to you shortly. edit: ok i read more than i thought i did- so to sum it up, it's super awesome aliens that have no weapons and a buncha humans, and they're all in space?

Edited by ~JC~

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

i just wanna go ahead and say right now that you're trying to do too much. elements in a science fiction setting is a little ridiculous, and should stay in camelot-esque genres. you also have a -lot- of factions, much more then i care to try and memorize. i also want to say that having -all- the factions paragraphs isn't very appealing at all. i haven't given it a full read through, so take my comments with a grain of salt, i'll try and get a fuller review to you shortly. edit: ok i read more than i thought i did- so to sum it up, it's super awesome aliens that have no weapons and a buncha humans, and they're all in space?

Võimkasus are very rare, and thus, all aliens all have guns, a military, spaceships, etc. They aren't very prominent, I only added a section to explain them. In all, it's more like science fantasy, not sci-fi.And five factions is not a lot. Think of the real world. Not all wars are two-sided, you know.

:kaukau:I kind of miss having my name attached to this topic :P .Anyway, even though I don't plan on joining RPGs for a long time, perhaps a few years from now I might come back to these forums and start one of my own called IDES.In the meantime, there is something else that does tease me. The idea revolves around nerds, and all PCs have to be nerds. It sprouts from a continuity that has gradually been growing over time from my own imaginary friends. Although the idea isn't solid enough yet that I can take several steps with them, I do think that the general feel that these imaginary friends and their world produces has a lot of potential.I've mentioned things about these people in the past, back in the old forums. Their names are Ian, Ivan, Ike, and Io. Four-I's. If there was to be an RPG inspired by them, then it would look something like this:Imax College is filled with insane genuises. The most exceptional of these are Ian, Ivan, Ike, and Io, but even in the shadow of their prominence, there are other great minds that give nerds a good name. From the theatre nerds to the math nerds, Imax has them all, and there is no shortage of brainpower. Nor is there any lack of eccentricity. Everyone walks around wearing bow ties, even the girls, has a signature nerdy catch phrase, and for some reason the vast majority of people on campus have names that start with the letter "I". If you're still reading this, surely you have what it takes to play one of these nerds.Username:Character name: (kudos if it starts with I)Color of bowtie:Other nerd attire:Other physical descriptions:Signature quote:Type of nerd:Psychological profile:Ambitions:Background: (I have no problem if you put nothing here)Relations with other characters:So the basic pitch would be to play a nerd or two in Imax College. I suppose I would detail what it would be like just to give things a start, such as what the college president is like and what the campus is like, but then the plot gets rather interesting, because I would imagine that some of the nerds, such as Four-I's, will come up with big inventions that will shape the plot, and I know for sure that I could create an instant plot-point with Ian, Ivan, Ike, and Io much better than I could with the last RPG I started which focused on the rather inflexible Amakor struggles. The whole theme of the RPG would more or less be playful creativity. That, and explosions.It still a vague idea, but I think that it has a lot of promise, and meanwhile it's a good thing that I will give myself plenty of time before I get back into RPing. The wonderful thing about my Four-I's friends is that they were never intended to have a continuity other than the basic aspects of their character and their relationships with each other, since part of the point to having imaginary friends is that they're the people you need them to be in any life situation or any fantasy, so it's flexible enough to be converted into an RPG.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

Võimkasus are very rare, and thus, all aliens all have guns, a military, spaceships, etc. They aren't very prominent, I only added a section to explain them. In all, it's more like science fantasy, not sci-fi.And five factions is not a lot. Think of the real world. Not all wars are two-sided, you know.
k just tryna help buddy gotcha. talking about each species' technological advancements would be a good idea, because there's the star wars level, and then theres the halo level, and in sci-fi (sci-fa? lol) it's important to be able to distinguish. and while five factions is a lot, it certainly isn't ideal, and can be off-putting.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

An IL-styled high fantasy RPG would be AMAZING.

I actually did create one, way back, a few months before the downtime, with Vak of A Thousand Suns. It actually had gotten off the ground, a bit, but i never sent it in to Sisen for approval, so i never actually was able to post it up. sadly i no longer have the draft in a word doc, but thank god for Archives. If anyone wants i can post it up... it'll take a rediculous amount of room but someone might be able to fashion something... playable from it. Keep in mind though that if i do, the state it would be in, while old, is the one that was approved by every judge cept one. =P

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

In regards to the Halo RPG up for approval, I want to make a squad of Bullfrog-esque (jetpack using) ODSTs. But I don't want to manage so many characters, so if someone wants to go in halvesies with me I have ideas for three characters. Send me a PM and we can have ideas at one another. Edit: I just spotted a mild error in the Halo RPG. I'm pretty sure Zealots rank higher than Generals. Also the rank of Ultra is missing.

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

k just tryna help buddy gotcha. talking about each species' technological advancements would be a good idea, because there's the star wars level, and then theres the halo level, and in sci-fi (sci-fa? lol) it's important to be able to distinguish. and while five factions is a lot, it certainly isn't ideal, and can be off-putting.
I plan on making a Technology section, complete with technological advancements, common placed technology, who invented it, etc.And I'm sticking with the five major factions. It worked for some other old RPGs, so it should work here. I remember seeing RPGs with more than that and they were successful.

Anyone interested in making a Sonic the Hedgehog RPG? I'd make one, but I don't exactly want to make one myself, partially since I don't have to deal with NPCs. However, if someone would like to work together with me on a Sonic RPG, that would work too.

rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

Those who would like to play an Interstellar Line like RPG, I've just written up a system for keeping a lid on the size of everyone's fleet, and at the same time encouraging war and expansion. Any thoughts?

Each planet is classed by its industrial output on a rating of -2 through 5, 5 being the highest a planet can reasonably reach. Each level has a “maturing time” which is the length of real world time it takes to grow to the next level. -2: Colony: This world is dependent on the rest of the empire for resources and population. 1 Week Growth -1: Protectorate: The world is beginning to establish its own industry and farming, but is still dependent on the rest of the empire. It may produce one resource and ship it out in exchange for the goods it imports. 1 Week Growth 0: Self-sustaining: With a zero sum survival based economy, this world can support its own population with everything they require, but its industrial output is negligible. 1 Week Growth. 1: Outer World: This world can support a very small space-navy, and has minor interstellar shipping and transport. 2 Weeks Growth. 2: Inner World: This world can support a good sized navy, and is possibly exports a good amount of goods. 3 Weeks Growth 3: Core World: This world has an excellent industrial output and can export several different resources in addition to supporting a navy. 4 Weeks Growth 4: Forge World: Massive industrial output; supports a good portion of the local navy and exports manufactured goods throughout the region. 5 Weeks Growth. 5: Homeworld: This planet is the only classification capable of producing Colonizers and putting out the population required. Valued as much for their status as centers of trade and government as for their massive industrial output. Your first planet starts at this level. A planet contributes a number of “Industry Points” equal to its level number(above) to an empire's total industry. For example, an empire consisting of a Homeworld, an Inner Worlds, a Core World, and a Colony would have a total Industry of 8(5+2+3-2=8) Thus, this empire can field 8 points worth of ships. This represents everything that it takes to field a ship, from paying and feeding the crew, replacing those members who die, upgrading and refitting the ship occasionally, repairs after a battle, and, most expensively, fueling the ship. Ships Each ship is divided into one of several classes, according to their size and upkeep. Actual roles within these classes can vary wildly, but it is mainly the size of a ship that determines how much industry must be devoted to maintaining it. Fighter: Small, one to five man ships with minimal armor and weapons, mainly used to attack larger ships and defend large ships from other fighters. Not capable of FTL travel, so they must be moved by Carriers or stationed on Starbases. Industry Cost: 0 Small: Frigates and Gunboats, crew sizes range depending on the race. Small ships are usually employed either as Fighter hunters, Scout ships, Stealth craft, and the like, and can be fielded in large numbers.Industry Cost: 0.25 Medium: Cruisers, destroyers, and the like are classed as Medium ships; they can be fielded in numbers and they are useful for force projection as well as defense, making them an ideal ship of the line; these should make up the majority of any self-respecting fleet. Industry Cost: 1 Large: Battleships and Dreadnoughts are the ships that capture the hearts and minds of the masses; great, powerful ships with enormous weapon batteries, blasting holes in enemy fleets and destroying entire cities with a few barrages. Even the rumor of a large ship being present can change the tide of war. In addition, battleships can mount your Racial Superweapon; what this weapon does is up to you, but make it powerful and creative. Despite their use as an intimidation weapon and morale booster, Large ships are rather impractical, given their upkeep cost. Industry Cost: 3 Colonizers: Not necessarily one ship, perhaps a whole fleet, a colonizer is part transport, part mass-terraforming system. Colonizers are warp capable, and used to expand your empire. Only Homeworlds may build them. They are expensive to keep up, but are usually a temporary measure. The entire colonizer is recycled by the newly landed colonists, and thus cannot be re-used. Industry Cost: 4 Carriers: A modification to an existing ship, any ship that is made into a carrier has its Industry cost increased by 1, but can carry and support 10 fighters. Starbases: Usually placed orbiting a planet, Starbases are large defensive measures used to protect a planet with orbital guns in addition to providing a docking harbor for ships which cannot land. Immobile, anchored over a planet. Carries twenty Fighters. Industry Cost: 3

Edited by Your Friend Doctor Robert

-Rover

I'm deliberately trying for fleets of five or ten ships here. Although I might cut them all in half...

-Rover

You said complex. It really isn'tAnd I actually like that system.And it keeps fleet sizes pretty small, which is better for roleplay and tactics because it is more manageable. Otherwise it's just 'X ships fire at enemy' and nothig actually happens.

Edited by Revolutionary Saint Kothra
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

Okay, I'm halving each cost on the list. This is way to small, I did the math.

-Rover

Well with larger numbers of planets it wouldn't be too bad, but whatever.Also build time for ships. Because pages/posts didn't work out too well.And I'd advise against using halves for ship values. I don't want to bother with decimals. Just double the values for industry and adjust the ship values to balance them better.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

I must say, I whole-heartidly approve of this system. It's much more realistic and, as Kothra said, enables the use of detailed, one-to-one strategy. So, is anyone actually currently working on a IL-esque Rp?

Edited by Veeci

Imagine, a room, awash in gasoline. And there are two implacable enemies in that room. One of them has nine-thousand matches. The other has seven-thousand matches. Each of them is concerned about who's ahead, who's stronger. - Carl Sagan
Formerly Vorox Chief.