What do we do now that Bionicle G2 is cancelled?

Lenny7092

Hi, guys. Since the Makuta contest is over this week, I have a question that you guys may think about: What do we do now that Bionicle G2 is cancelled and the Makuta contest is over? It's a sad question, and I don't know the answer. I mean, there are no updates about G2 after the contest so far, and we don't hear what will come after it. We got 9 days of October and two months after it left. Do we know what to expect next for Bionicle G2. Do you hope any? For me, I hope that Lego could someday celebrate Bionicle's 15th anniversary and released the Ekimu's Falke polybag in the US (I live there) before this year is over, because Bionicle is one of our favorite things, so Lego should do these things (well, the anniversary at least). What do you think 2017 onwards would be like before G3 would theoretically come in the future? Boredom without the Bionicle set line running? Moving on to a new theme (a new constraction line, Hero Factory G2, or something else)? Make Bionicle MOCs? Make BZPower projects that would, I don't know, honor Bionicle G2 for its good things and/celebrate Bionicle's 15th anniversary? Make new official stories by Lego for G2 that take place after the events of The Journey to One Netflix series, like serials or more books? Officially re-continue and perhaps conclude the G1 story? What will the future of Bionicle be like without the G2 set line running and for us? I know these are also sad questions to think about.:( For me, I would move on to another theme, make a fan-made project that celebrate Bionicle's 15th anniversary in my way, play with my Bionicle sets, and perhaps talk about Bionicle to my friends through Instagram. Other than these, well, I can't think anything else.

Have any thoughts and/or ideas about this?

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I don't think LEGO will do anything more with BIONICLE for the time being; with the fact that it was abruptly cancelled only about a month after the final wave was released, and that they started seemingly pulling sets off of the shelves, it's clear that BIONICLE was a flop for them.

As for what we do now, it all depends on what you want to do. If you don't think it's worth it to stick around in the fandom, go ahead and leave. If you like to make MOCs, artwork, and storytelling, continue to perfect your craft in those. If you like LEGO as a whole, and wish to continue buying their sets, go ahead and keep buying the sets that interest you. I think at this point, that's all we can do.

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

I mean, us old-timers have already been through this same thing before when Bionicle ended the first time. Some of us tried to keep the dream alive through fan-continuations, though many of those turned out to be easier said than done. Some of us moved on to other Lego themes, and some of us moved on to other interests entirely. And even among the people who completely lost interest in Bionicle, many of them maintained the relationships they had formed as part of the fandom, including those here on BZPower and elsewhere.

For my part, I will probably continue to enjoy other Lego themes with other members of the fandom, and continue MOCing both Constraction and non-Constraction creations. But that's not to say you have to do the same thing. The community can and will do any number of things in the aftermath of Bionicle's end, but what you do is entirely up to you.

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

You go live your life. Find a passion, get a job, read a book, take a walk, find love, lose love, blah blah blah. Make a positive difference in the world, I say. There's more to life than BIONICLE. Let it go, looking back with fond memories, and move forward.

BIONICLE is dead, and BZPower seems to be following suit, sadly. And this time, I don't think there'll be a glorious (or not-so-glorious) comeback. Sad to say, but that's the direction this is going. 

All new endings are beginnings for something new, though, right? That's a BIONICLE quote, right?

Open a new chapter..

• Upvote 1

Well, I'll be staying active here on BZP, will build mocs and possibly expand my collection with both the G2 sets I don't have and the G1 sets I'm still missing (my non-exclusive, non-collectible, non-polybag standard-commercially-available G1 collection is almost complete), build some more mocs, try my hand at fanfiction maybe and never stop hoping for G3.

I mean, I'm fairly sure that Bionicle will come back at some point and even have an argument primed and ready to defend that stance, but I'd rather this topic not get derailed by an argument over that. 

In any case, BZP will definitely stick around. The community may shed a few members, but the old-guard will mostly remain, and the site will move over to whatever the next CCBS theme will be + misc Lego news until G3 finally arrives years into the future. 

I for one, will try to contribute to keeping things lively in COT, and will try to contribute to the BBC forum as well. 

Bionicle will only ever die if no-one will care about it anymore. It's up to us to keep it alive through discussion, mocs and fiction.

:kakama:

• Upvote 2

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I'll be enjoying other LEGO themes, enjoying other non-LEGO properties, and making occasional MOCs (probably including Bionicle/constraction ones). But everybody's going to have their own way of dealing with the absence of new official Bionicle sets and stories.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 1

All that needs to happen for Bionicle to live on--even if Lego never reboots it--is for its fanbase to stay active. That is not hard to do, and it was most certainly done the last time it was cancelled. Who knows? Maybe a passionate director will buy out the rights and make a film about it or something.

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

Bionicle will only ever die if no-one will care about it anymore. It's up to us to keep it alive through discussion, mocs and fiction.

Dude, this reminds me of that quote from One Piece: "Men truly die when they are forgotten."  Well said, Pohaturon.

In the meantime, though, I'm going to stick around here, play in the RPGs, continue working on my story, keep trying to make MOCs; you know, that sort of thing.

Memes I guess, wait until the theme reboots or surfaces in the creative mess that is hollywood/tv. Not really sure anymore. There are of course those 85 Bionicle revival projects still trying to happen like it did last time.

You know, that's kinda a question I wish LEGO would try to answer, because as it is all we have are our lives and doing Bionicle fan projects/art.

I'm way out of LEGO by this point. The direction of the company overall has left me behind and I've become more interested in story-telling. High school took up nearly all of my time so what little I had spare I devoted to Bionicle and Star Wars. Now that I'm in college and Bionicle's gone, I don't even have that. All I personally have are my studies in english as I try to realize my potential after a childhood of being inspired. I'm sort of in limbo, new school, no new friends, too much work, too little time, most of my interests on hold, and getting hit by a car didn't help emotionally.

I'd like to try putting together media-related writings after I get a new laptop, maybe start a blog or youtube channel where I could make plenty of Bionicle related essays. I dunno, either LEGO seems to not know how to handle Bionicle or I was just looking for the wrong things, but I can't stop looking for it even when I haven't found it yet. I guess we should just turn to ourselves to make Bionicle better. As a fanbase we've been left here to do our own thing and I guess that's exactly what we should do.

• Upvote 2

Just like the All American Rejects once said, "Move Along." :)

To be honest since Bionicle was cancelled, I have sort of lost interest again in the theme. I still want to buy a few more G2 sets while they are still out, particularly I want to buy all the Skull Villains so I can proudly say "I own every Bionicle retail set from 2015." I also might Bricklink some 2001 Rahi sets, since they seem to be rather cheap used over there. But after that, I think my interest of Bionicle will fully wane. It will become a nostalgic memory of my childhood, which G2 gave me the brief opportunity to relive as a young adult. Sure I'll still play MNOG from time to time, and might even visit BS01 on occasion.

Now Lego itself, I'm far from being done with. The main reason I stopped buying Bionicle G1 sets in 2007 was to focus on Lego System stuff. And this year with Marvel Superheroes, Star Wars Rogue One, and some fine D2C sets I rabidly want to continue collecting Lego.

As for the communities, well I will be active on Eurobricks for the foreseeable future. BZpower I am visiting less and less, and I might stop visiting here regularly (although I will admit BZpower's Facebook feed is a great spot for Lego news, so I am sure I will still keep an eye on that). A part of me is tempted to join a LUG, but I am also considering spending my free time instead as part of the NMRA (National Model Railroading Association). With Bionicle not demanding my money right now, I really want to finally get started on my long standing plan of building that model train layout.

Oh but mostly I will be focusing on finishing college and going to work. You know the stuff young adults are supposed to be doing. I have bills to pay, and tuition to cover anyways! :)

And as some people pointed out already, Bionicle being cancelled wasn't the end of the world. That ABS plastic is long lasting stuff (except for that line green plastic from 2009!). My childhood Bionicle sets are just as they were in 2001, with only a bit more dust and some broken bits. I expect my G2 sets will be preserved even better. And they'll still be with me, long down the road!

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

We do the same thing when G1 was cancelled: write stories, post MOCs, take over the world.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

To me, fiction has always been about inspiring people.  Either it succeeds at that or it doesn't.  Clearly, G1 Bionicle did its job very well, lasting for 10 years with a strong fanbase like the people of BZPower, only for those fans to continue loving it for what it was and keep it alive.  Spreading the word about its great storytelling and world building well after its end, continuing to write stories in the Bionicle universe or inspired by Bionicle for fans to enjoy, building MOCs in the Bionicle style, or simply applying things they learned from Bionicle to everyday life.  G1 did its job, and even though it didn't stay, it left its mark in many of our childhoods, including mine, and I think that's what really matters.

I didn't follow G2 very actively, but I'm pretty sure we can do the same thing as we did for G1.

As for me, just visiting this old place is getting me interested in Bionicle as a whole all over again, so I've started developing my own fanon, drawing from some old MOCs I made as a kid, plus new ideas.

Just because the line has stopped, doesn't mean that everything that came before it will disappear. Almost all material for Bionicle is archived online or in the possession of someone. Most sets are still readily available, even if they are a little pricier than before. It's up to the community to keep fueling the fire that is Bionicle, no matter how small the flame might dwindle. I'll be here, maybe not as active as I used to be, but I'll be here.

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

I'll still love it. It may be gone but there is still so much left, so many more stories to tell and so much to do. G2 may be other, but that doesn't mean BIONICLE is.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I'm gonna keep at it with my A Rude Awakening project, particularly with a in-progress wiki. I gave G2 very little attention so this hardly affects me, only down side is no new pieces, that's it.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

We do the same thing when G1 was cancelled: write stories, post MOCs, take over the world.

I'm down with this.

As for me in particular, I'm going to be working on calculus and Malkhar.  Maybe I'll get around to posting the fanfiction I wanted to write last year, maybe not since I reused so much for my original stories.  Who knows, if I do something smart and give myself some free time next semester, maybe I'll work on a few games.  *shrugs*

I'm not worried about Bionicle staying dead, because as some have mentioned, it'll only die if people forget about it.  Fortunately, something like Bionicle is nigh impossible to forget.

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Easy, we keep the franchise alive by expressing our love for it in whatever way we can. Talking, art, fanfics, we don't need LEGO for any of those - heck I'm making an actual game about it and I'm not even the first to do it! :D

k4dyNA9.jpg?1

OPEN WORLD 3D GAME SET ON SPHERUS MAGNA AFTER THE END OF G1

All I can think about when I hear G2's death is that small protector child gazing at the prophecy of heros in wonder.

For now we must keep their names alive in our stories and traditions.

For this is the way of the Bionicle.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Well I'm going to do the same thing as last time Bionicle ended. Nothing different I always built with Bionicle and system a and will continue to do so. Probably will continue to collect Gen1 stuff and hopefully keep my blog going. Who know I don't really plan what I do when a theme dies I just kinda do whatever I feel like doing.

-Onvermel-

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

Keep the memory alive by continuing with the art, stories and MoCs, I guess. (otherwise, there's still the route of "The canon is dead? We'll make our own canon/long live the canon!"... idk. Maybe some expanded fanon-universe or something)

As for me, there's stilla bunch of stories I wanted to write, and comics to draw (but, obviously, I'd need the time for all of those things, first xD) And of course, fan art in general can and will always be made. ^^

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Move on I guess. Bionicle and Lego have dominated my life for years. Bionicle is gone. And current Lego themes no longer appeal to me. I must admit I can never be a dedicated fan of something to the point of trying to actively continue it. I just find new things to latch onto. And even then I don't want bionicle to come back. For all the things that G2 did right it was still a far cry from the theme I used to love back in 2002. Yeah I think I'll just focus more on video games and youtube from now on. I think I probably will leave BZP eventually. Normally when I lose interest in something I end up not being active in the community. And with nothing new to stimulate my love of bionicle (I don't tend to read fan stuff) I don't know how much longer I'll be around. Sorry if this isn't as positive as previous posts. 

• Upvote 1

It's time to move on.

I guess that I will move on I mean 2016 was a hard year for collecting the Bionicle sets and I'm soon going to college and I know that some people here are there and dont have problems buying them with there money but if there's a G3 it's at this point 100% guaranteed that I won't be collecting all the waves and I won't be going to game neither I'm just gonna save up for phones, watches and maybe some nice shoes and when I the time comes I will naturally leave this site.

Edited by Tahu3.0

tZa6I5y.jpg?1