Good Nexo Knights set?

The 1st Shadow

Howdy, all. 

I come to you with a conundrum I face. You see, I'm not a fan of the Nexo Knights story thus far, and that's part of the reason I haven't bought any sets.

However, I'd at least like to buy one to get a feel for the theme as a collector's item. My question is this: In terms of build, aesthetics, and features, what's a decent Nexo Knights set of reasonable price ($5 to $40) that you would recommend?

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Interesting question!

Clay's Rumble Blade is pretty much at the top of the suggested price range, but considering that Clay is arguably the main character of the theme and that his color scheme is the closest to standard of the main knight characters, it might be a good choice. It, like many of the Nexo Knights vehicles, is inspired by medieval weaponry, and separates into multiple vehicles, which is always fun. It also includes an Ash Attacker (one of the most distinctive generic monster varieties in the theme) along with not one but two squirebots. It's far from your only option, though.

The King's Mech is cheaper at $30, and is not only a great Nexo Knights set but a fantastic mech in general (one of the best ones Lego's made, IMO). It includes a fancy golden-armored King Halbert figure along with a King's Squirebot, and has great articulation. If you're in the market for something bigger, The Black Knight Mech is still within your price range at $40, and features the young knight Robin, the snake-tailed Whiparella, a King's Squirebot, and an Ash Attacker (though personally I prefer the shaping, colors, and improved articulation of the smaller King's Mech).

If you want something decidedly more villainous, Beast Master's Chaos Chariot is not a bad choice. Not only is the chariot a fairly creative villain vehicle (pulled by two giant Pac-Man-esque Globlins), but the set also features a hover horse (one of five such standardized-but-interesting builds included in the theme for the five main knights). Figure-wise, it includes Macy, the theme's only female knight, and while Beast Master himself is less distinctive than some of the other lava monsters in terms of his design it also features a fair number of his tiny "globlin" minions. This set also includes one of the evil books that can be collected in the theme, unlike the three aforementioned sets.

Unfortunately, for a "Castle theme", there aren't a lot of actual structures and fortifications to choose from, particularly at your desired price point. If that's what you're most interested in, Merlok's Library 2.0 is pretty much your only option. It features three figures and an evil book, though the set as a whole is more interesting when paired with the much larger Fortrex.

Those are some of the best suggestions I can come up with. Of course, if you aren't picky about what you get, it could be worth waiting a little to see if discounts on this year's sets bring some of the larger sets down to your price range. Hope this helps!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Those are some of the best suggestions I can come up with. Of course, if you aren't picky about what you get, it could be worth waiting a little to see if discounts on this year's sets bring some of the larger sets down to your price range. Hope this helps!

Actually, it does. Thanks a bunch! :D

My reasoning for the lower price has more to do with the fact that I am running out of space to keep stuff, so something smaller, yet effective is what I'm after. Your insight is most appreciated.

One set that I was eyeing before posting this was the Aero Striker V2. What are your thoughts on that one?

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Actually, it does. Thanks a bunch! :D

My reasoning for the lower price has more to do with the fact that I am running out of space to keep stuff, so something smaller, yet effective is what I'm after. Your insight is most appreciated.

One set that I was eyeing before posting this was the Aero Striker V2. What are your thoughts on that one?

The Aero-Striker V2 is definitely a nice looking set, and like a few of the others I mentioned includes a knight, squirebot, and villain (in this case, a winged Ash Attacker). In terms of functionality, it's probably one of the most playable models at that price point, considering that it basically functions like a working, swooshable handheld crossbow. Build-wise, it's not too shabby either, with a nice blend of Technic and System and some great details like the jet intakes formed from castle wall panels. The only reason it didn't end up on my list was that I was unsure whether its color scheme (with green accents in addition to the blues, greys, and Trans. Fluor. Reddish Orange shared by other Nexo Knights sets) would be up your alley if you were looking for a single, iconic Nexo Knights set. But if you're okay with that, then it'd be a fine choice.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The only reason it didn't end up on my list was that I was unsure whether its color scheme (with green accents in addition to the blues, greys, and Trans. Fluor. Reddish Orange shared by other Nexo Knights sets) would be up your alley if you were looking for a single, iconic Nexo Knights set. But if you're okay with that, then it'd be a fine choice.

Ah. I understand the green, as it corresponds with Aaron's armor color. Like I said, I'm just looking for something moderate that embodies the essence of the theme. Thanks again for the input.

Edited by The 1st Shadow

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

You could always wait till next year. I hear the sets then are going to be... Different...

I'm not a fan of Nexo Knights, so that should be interesting.....

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Check out some of next years sets here.

http://www.babyjoe.ch/Hersteller/LEGO/LEGO-Nexo-Knights/

and here.

http://www.hothbricks.com/2016/11/one-more-thing-quelques-visuels-nexo-knights-2017/

As far as a set that out now, any set with a hover horse.

Edited by Smitty

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.