Metru Nui Chutes System

Guest Mister N

Guest Mister N

Hello everyone! Today I would like to present you my little project, M.N.C.S. (Metru Nui Chutes System).

Each of us has heard about the chutes of the City of Legends. And I've always imagined how looks the real map of this fantastic "subway". Where are some lines and how to come, for example, from the school of Ga-Metru to your friend, if he works in the Great Archives in Onu-Metru?

A small atmospheric picture.

30613502200_06a5628412_c.jpg

And now... This is a map of chutes. It looks like another subway maps. And I think, that the official picture can't present us the fullest scale of the legendary tubes.

But now it is possible to travel the route in your imagination throught the City of Legends. It was made in Visio Pro and Photoshop.

The bigger version.

30613491820_f94d0f01fb_b.jpg

And there are a posters that can be hanging in Chutes Stations of MNCS.

The first one.

And the second one.

The first one: Ga-Metru, Po-Metru and Onu-Metru.

30613480490_c2bec2c1c6_b.jpg

And the second one: Le-Metru, Ta-Metru and Ko-Metru.

30914475555_da35cbb67c_b.jpg

That's all. And I'm so sorry for my English, because I'm from Russia(

Enjoy!

• Upvote 19

Dang, makes me want to take a trip on the Chutes!

I love this maps visual accuracy, but I wonder if an even simpler version would look even more like a Subway/Light Rail map? It would be nice if we had an idea what the stations were and where each one was at.

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Lovely stuff. Chutes were never given as much attention in the story as I would've liked, but you've built up a neat image of them with some really impressive visual design. 

• Upvote 1

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

This is really neat. I'd love to see one made in the minimalist/non-geographically-accurate style that modern subway maps adopt. 

I imagine Ko-Matoran always hope that the next Turaga will expand public transport in their Metru. Getting around with such few chutes must be hard  :P

:kakama:

Edited by Pohaturon

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

The maps are amazing! They're very detailed and definitely add something to the Bionicle universe, which is much appreciated. I can imagine these maps to be very useful in fan fiction and the like. I can definitely think of some good uses for them.

This may sound nitpicky (cause it is), but I'd like to remark that the postcard at the beginning has a Mctoran on it, even though during the time of the Metru Nui story the Matoran were in different forms, so that's an inconsistency with canon. I love the "wanted" section with a picture of Vakama though, nice touch!

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

Guest Mister N

Dang, makes me want to take a trip on the Chutes!

I love this maps visual accuracy, but I wonder if an even simpler version would look even more like a Subway/Light Rail map? It would be nice if we had an idea what the stations were and where each one was at.

Thank you)

Stations names? I don't sure that it'll be canon because the stations of MN had only numbers (for example Chute Station 445 or sector three in Le-Metru).

But it's very interesting idea for my future plans. Thank you)

Lovely stuff. Chutes were never given as much attention in the story as I would've liked, but you've built up a neat image of them with some really impressive visual design. 

Thanks))

I imagine Ko-Matoran always hope that the next Turaga will expand public transport in their Metru. Getting around with such few chutes must be hard  :P

:kakama:

Heh, maybe))

But I think that Ko-Metru, also called the "quiet Metru", doesn't like noisy vehicles. Ko-matorans are incredibly focused on their work and rarely speak.

Man, I always loved Metru-Nui. I love this representation of its infrastructure and the signage with all these extra details. You got more planned?

Thank you)

Mmm... Now I have more ineresting projects but I do not exclude that I'll return with something else for MNCS.

Stay tuned :)

The maps are amazing! They're very detailed and definitely add something to the Bionicle universe, which is much appreciated. I can imagine these maps to be very useful in fan fiction and the like. I can definitely think of some good uses for them.

This may sound nitpicky (cause it is), but I'd like to remark that the postcard at the beginning has a Mctoran on it, even though during the time of the Metru Nui story the Matoran were in different forms, so that's an inconsistency with canon. I love the "wanted" section with a picture of Vakama though, nice touch!

Thank you! I'm glad that my work may be useful to someone)

Did anyone translate Matoran lettering in the newspaper? ;)

As always, amazing work, dude! Hope you'll post more of your works. :)

Thank you, Eddy! Maybe... Maybe...

This is cool. Not much mroe I can say about this, really.

Toa Han

Thanks!

I say this to a lot of non-English speakers on the internet, and you'll be one of them:

That's all. And I'm so sorry for my English, because I'm from Russia

You speak better English than most English-speakers on the Internet.

On another note, this is very nice. It reminds me of the monorail stations we have downtown.

• Upvote 1

That Matoran on the newspaper... I can see why Vakama is wanted.  :P

A very beautiful rendition of the island transportation system. It's things like this when I say, "Why hasn't this been done already?" But you, you have done it. And it is well done indeed.

The posters are likewise a wonderful touch - though Ko-Metru is between Onu-Metru and Le-Metru, not Po-Metru, as your second poster suggests. Regardless, their inclusion in this project makes for a most rounded experience - thank you for taking us back to the City of Legends.

That's a very awesome project. The resemblance between the original images of Metru-Nui are fantastic. And I love how some of the chute systems for each Metru sort of reflect the personality of the region; Ko-Metru, for example, has a straightforward, efficient design. I think there could be a few more chutes filling in that region, but the linear no-nonsense pathways of the chutes are spot on. I also think that Le-Metru should have more chutes curving around, like Ta-Metru or Ga-Metru, in a twisting jungle-like pattern, and covering more of the Metru. But that would probably mean deviating from the original images of Metru-Nui a bit.

I agree that marking some stations on the map would be neat, even if it's only a few landmarks from the story.

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

Considering how big Metru Nui is, I figure the chute system would be a bit more complex than that, but other than that I love all the little details put into this!  Even the atmospheric picture thingy is brilliant.  :)

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

That map is absolutely incredible—everything about it is perfect!  I've always wanted to make a subway-style chute map for Metru Nui, but haven't ever gotten around to it (doubt I ever will, but if this isn't inspiration I don't know what is).  Honestly, it wouldn't look this good even if I did!  The nostalgic part of me is devouring this!  The inclusion of the little information posters are solid, and very well incorporated into the overall theme.  If I had one...suggestion, it would be to add an image to the Ta-Metru section of the poster (e.g. the Great Furnace), to both even things out and make Ta-Metru seem a little more interesting.  Other than that, I think you nailed it!  I do hope you continue to share your work if end up exploring other projects, especially if they relate to G1 Bionicle!

Thanks so much for sharing!

J•B

Vitruvian_Sig_03.png