Would you play a Bionicle Telltale/Dontnod game?

Katanga

I believe a 3D story game, similar in fashion to The Walking Dead or Life is Strange, would actually fit Bionicle considering how well MNOLG was done. Of course, I'd play it just because it would be Bionicle. However, I also think it'd have the potential to be even better than MNOLG. As for what sort of story the game could have, I would personally like for it be set in some point during G1's story. Although, if the developers were allowed a lot of freedom to flesh out the story they were telling then a G2 game could also be pretty neat.

My question for you is this; would you play a 3D Bionicle story game akin to titles developed by Telltale? If so, what would you like the story to focus on? How good do you think the game would be?

• Upvote 1

I'm of the mindset that Bionicle would be best treated as an open-world RPG with beat-em-up mechanics. Having intricate combat would really fit the idea of what the characters are and what they can do by allowing the player to manually use the Toas' powers. That said, anything heavily plot-based would be absolutely stellar.

• Upvote 3

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

I don't think TellTale games are really my thing, but I'd play anything Bionicle honestly.

But releasing a Bionicle video game would be great either way. I'd love an open world game where the entire playable map is the island. I'd want it to have a great story of course but I'd want cool fighting mechanics as well.

I guess I'm just asking for a crazy MNOG remake but I guess that's because I really couldn't tell you what I'd want from a Bionicle game since I'm not much of a gamer.

• Upvote 2

I've watched people play the Telltale game The Walking Dead on Youtube, and I've really enjoyed what I've seen of it. I think a Bionicle game made in this style could be cool, if executed right. It would just depend on what kind of story the game wanted to tell.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Now, I'd play anything Bionicle, so obviously yes, but overall the idea of a Bionicle Telltale game seems great.

That said, I believe the format would work best if the player character was a matoran instead of a toa.

Definitely, would play. That said, I'm with Sir Keksalot on the point of Bionicle being better off as an open-world RPG.

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I feel like this would be pretty cool considering Telltale's Tales From the Borderlands was a well executed action adventure series. As a Bionicle game, it would function more like a short TV series with interactive elements than a fully fledged game with fighting mechanics.

I think if there was ever a better way to make a Bionicle game, it would be something along the lines of Telltale games. The cost to make these is probably much less than to make a fully fledged action rpg, so it's fairly economically viable, and they usually make very good use of the lore to carve out a fulfilling story without being too obstructive. To me, the narrative element is probably the most important considering Bionicle has had a somewhat uneven track record of more mainstream media narrative, and I'd think that if (in the effectively zero chance that) Telltale does create a Bionicle game, it would have a fairly high quality presentation and plot, with (most importantly) characters with some semblance of depth.

"Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, 'No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back,' it never WOULD have come back."

-Greg Farshtey

I'm of the mindset that Bionicle would be best treated as an open-world RPG with beat-em-up mechanics. Having intricate combat would really fit the idea of what the characters are and what they can do by allowing the player to manually use the Toas' powers. That said, anything heavily plot-based would be absolutely stellar.

Honestly, what fantasy story franchise wouldn't make a good open-world RPG? :P

And yeah, I'd play the heck out of a Bionicle Telltale game.  Like, I'd even go back and try the alternate options.  How many Mahi do we have to sacrifice to Makuta to make this game happen?

Telltale does a wonderful job with storytelling and in a world where Bionicle had a game like that, yea I'd play. It would be quite the art piece.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell