Happy 10th anniversary, Bionicle Heroes! :D

Lenny7092

Hi, guys! Did you know that a Bionicle video game, Bionicle Heroes, was released on November 14, 2006? Well, today it's 10th anniversary. I know that the game is not as good as other Traveller's Tale Lego games, but I am considering it to be the best Bionicle video games (much better than Bionicle: The Game). It may have some repetitive things here and there, so it's very fun to play and it's longer to complete than B: TG (B: TG took a few hours). It's great to see characters from both the 2006 storyline and the storylines before it. I remembered that I got the PS2 version of it and completed at least twice. I loved it.:)

What's your favorite moment with the game if you either played it or watched YouTube videos of it? For me, I love the part where Reidak hurt himself while trying to lock a gate, Krekka and Nidhiki being clumsy, Thok not knowing how to build a Kurahk at first, Vezok being clumsy, Axonn accidentally crushed Reidak with a big rock, Avak getting electrocuted, a Kraata made Hakann accidentally blast himself, Hakann being assembled (like in a Piraka.com animation) in the beginning of his boss level, Hakann being dramatic before getting defeated, Zaktan falling Sidorak following, battling the Piraka, battling Vezon and Fenrakk in their own boss level, cutscenes in the Piraka Playground where the Piraka are trying to enjoy it, but are becoming lousy, playing Secret Chamber levels where you battle a lot of enemies. Good times. Let's celebrate! Man, it's been a long time!:D

• Upvote 2

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I didn't get to play the game 'til Christmas, but I remember going to the store to pick it up on release day. I really loved the game when it first came out. Hard to believe it's been so long already.

• Upvote 2

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Wow, it doesn't feel like this game has been out ten years. Just thinking about it makes me feel old....

Anyways, my favorite part of the game was when I got the headless Toa glitch after playing a level. I still think that's a funny thing to find in the game. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Oh wow, the 2006 sets/story being 10 years old really weirds me out. I was pretty young still during, but that was probably one of the heights of my BIONICLE love. I absolutely adored BIONICLE Heroes actually. I've played it through many times, mainly because I loved the music and I found the game to be that right combination of collection/easiness to feel like you accomplished something.

I might have to give it another playthrough soon, sadly I can't tonight. I really need to invest in some component cables for my PS2 to get a little more quality out of it.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Oooooooh man, the countless hours in Middle School playing BIONICLE Heroes DS and GBA. Oooh, those were good imes. A bit pitiful, but I came to love the games. Those along with BIONICLE: The Game GBA, but that's another story.

Oh, how the Toa and Piraka all having the same Feet Respectively, oh, how that discrepansy is so lovable...

Anyhow, Happy Tenth Year Anniversary BIONICLE Heroes.

• Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

10 years? I've been a bionicle fan for 10 years? Wow.

Anyway, I remember getting this game for Christmas in 2006, and I played it to no end. The bonus levels where you do nothing but fight endless amounts of enemies were pretty cool. And the piraka playground,ah, memories.

I'd say my favorite part of the game is the soundtrack. Avak's themes and the title screen being my favorite tracks. I'll listen to them every once in a while, actually.

• Upvote 2

Man, I love that game. I actually replayed it all the way through and went back through the levels to open the Piraka/Vezon areas too. It's pretty simplistic, but hey, nostalgia, and that soundtrack is prime.

That said, the fact that all Piraka have the same feet, and all Toa have the same feet and torso is a tad bothersome as others have mentioned. My other gripe was that activating Hero Mode was not under your control, rather it happened automatically once you collected enough pieces. I barely heard anything from that glorious soundtrack, since I was always listening to that 10-second hero-mode music on loop. I was actively avoiding money after the point that I had all the upgrades.

All that considered, I still adore Bionicle: Heroes.

:kakama:

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I feel old when I think about the fact that Bionicle is 15 years old. And I'm only 17.

[snip]

^me in 2 years

Me in a year.

Man, it just feels so great to look back on my past, remembering all the good times.

Edited by Spoopy Imrukii
  • Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Bionicle Heroes was probably the first third-person shooter I ever played. Good intro to the genre.

My first disc was from like this now-defunct movie/video game rental place, and it was majorly scratched up. It played fine, but after a few hours or so, it would start overheating or something and all the Toa just sort of lost their heads. The heavy-hitters (Hewkii, Nuparu, and Matoro) actually had their torsos turn into boxes in addition to this. It didn't interfere with normal gameplay, it was just goofy.

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."