Slizer Mafia 2: Okotans' Revenge

Pahrak Model ZX

Judging by the rate at which this has been going, I don't think we're going to pick up those last few players very quickly.  I don't think cutting a few Redshirt Slizers will have that much impact, and I'm eager to get started, so...

I'll leave signups open for another 12 hours, then roles will be sent out and the prologue will be posted.

Judging by the rate at which this has been going, I don't think we're going to pick up those last few players very quickly. I don't think cutting a few Redshirt Slizers will have that much impact, and I'm eager to get started, so...

I'll leave signups open for another 12 hours, then roles will be sent out and the prologue will be posted.

That's usually how it works.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Signups closed!  Role PMs have been sent out!  If you didn’t get a PM, you are a Redshirt Slizer.

Prologue: Drumhead Roll

The ground rocked beneath the Judge Slizer’s feet.  An immense cloud of debris rose over the horizon, and above that, a trail of smoke reached so far up they could not see its end.  Next to them, the Skull Slizer removed the Mask of Time and said, “I may have messed up the landing.”

The Judge Slizer shook their head.  “No, you’ve done excellently!  This is the year 2000!  From here, I can enact my plan!”

With a shrug, the Skull Slizer surveyed the panicked Slizers running past them.  “You sure we should’ve left the others behind?”

“Why not?  They live in this time—only you and I need remember what has gone before, and that is a past I surely intend to leave behind me.”

Pointing to the cloud, they continued, “Come, Skull Slizer.  We build a new future now!”

The Judge Slizer blinked as the world came into focus.  They realized that they had dozed off, and groggily rose from their desk.  The wall behind them was one large window, from which they could see half of the Slizer Dome; they turned to it now as they had many times before, hoping the familiar sense of peace would come from it.  Seeing the empty skyscrapers did quite the opposite.

A ping came from their computer, followed by a voice: “The force has gathered, Judge Slizer.  Awaiting your address.”

Taking a deep breath, the Judge Slizer replied, “Thank you.  I am on my way.”

They took one last look over the city.  I fought for this future.  I killed for it.  What are a few more deaths on my hands?

It was a short walk to the balcony.  Eighteen Slizers stood on the lower floor, most wearing a red uniform and all looking up at them eagerly.  The Judge Slizer’s face hardened as they gripped the railing.

“Attention!” they shouted.  “With the Slizer Dome on lockdown and no sign of the Okotans, we have been forced to conclude that they have infiltrated this task force.  The Judge Coronet has issued a direct order: we are to purge these invaders from our ranks at once.  In order to accomplish this…we will now be implementing MAFIA Protocol.”

A few of the Slizers shuddered.  The Judge Slizer took note of who they were.

“You are all hereby ordered to turn over your weapons and cease all duties.  Special exceptions will be made for the designated Intelligence, Medical, and Artillery Officers.”

The Blaster Slizer smirked, hefting their gun onto their shoulder.

“Starting tomorrow, each day will begin with a court-martial where one or more of you will be executed.  This will continue until all Okotans have been eliminated.  Dismissed.”

The Slizers marched for the side exit, stopping one at a time to hand over their armaments before making their way down the tower stairs.  From above, the Judge Slizer watched them with a strange mix of emotion, doing their best to focus singularly on the bright future of their world.

Night roles have 24 hours to PM their actions!

• Upvote 2

Let the bloodbath commence. :evilbiggrin:

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Night 1: Leading the Blind

Not Underscore quietly zipped through the alleyway, completely hidden in shadows as he tracked his target.  To his surprise, something grabbed him and pulled, causing him to swerve off and go into a roll that brought him crashing into a wall.

What was that?

As he stood, he tried to gather his bearings.  The now-total darkness made it impossible.  Nothing could be seen, and all that could be heard was a soft chuckle.

“Still seeing to your duties like the loyal servant you are?  How I salute you.”

Underscore started.  A powerful fist rammed into his gut—he slumped, but his assailant grabbed him just as his neck pricked something sharp.

“Not just yet,” the Hunter said.  “You’re the Intelligence Officer, aren’t you?  The one they call the City Slizer?  Someone like you must know plenty about the astral mutation program.  If you tell me a little about that, maybe I’ll let you go.”

Closing his eyes tight, Underscore flicked his tongue and bit down on something.  His body began to lurch violently.  Umarak slammed him back against the wall, but it was no use: Underscore was dead, and had taken his secrets with him.

“Hmph…well, all you’ve done is delay us.  At least now we won’t have to worry about you snooping around.”

Elsewhere, the Blaster Slizer dropped into an alleyway and raised their gun.  They frowned upon seeing no one was there.

“I know I saw Underscore coming this way,” they grumbled.  “Man, I can’t believe I charged up my gun for nothing!”

In another part of the city, Roman Torchwick paused to look over his shoulder.  There was nothing out of the ordinary to be seen, so he continued on his way, but he just couldn’t shake the feeling there were a pair of eyes on him.  That’s because there were, of course.  A figure moved through the shadows alongside him, unseen as they reached into their pocket and pulled out their iPod.

Every move you make…every step you take…

The Music Slizer turned the volume down just a little.

I’ll be watching you.

This unbelievably creepy song had inspired a sense of curiosity in them, and so they had set out to follow Roman and learn what his role was.  The obsession ended when the song did, thankfully, and they returned home to review the information they had gathered.

The Judge Slizer sat down at their desk and placed their head in their hands.  The tension of this first night was more than they had anticipated.  They nearly jumped out of their armor when a sound came from their computer screen.  Spotting a small, blacked out window off to one corner, the Judge Slizer leaned and squinted at it, trying to make something out.

“Good evening, Judge Slizer.”

The Slizer gritted their teeth.  “Who is this?  How did you get access?”

“It was an easy task.  Underscore may have been prepared, but the identification he carried gave us what we needed to access a few basic systems.”

The Judge Slizer’s hands shook.

“How does it feel, Judge Slizer?  Your world—your home—has been set upon by invaders you are powerless to stop.  We steadily encroach upon your domain, slaying the people you have given so much to protect…and one day soon, we shall kill you, too.  Don’t answer: I already know.  I know exactly how much you are suffering right now, for this is the same suffering you inflicted on me and my people.”

They paused, and then added, “No, perhaps yours shall be worse.  For you have to bear the knowledge that this is your fault.”

The Judge Slizer spun as they stood, taking a few heavy steps away.

“I look forward to tomorrow morning, Judge Slizer.  I am very interested in seeing who you choose to sacrifice next.”

Not Underscore (City Slizer) killed by Umarak.  No suspect list, vote whoever you’d like.

You have 24 hours to vote!

Oh wow, I didn't die night one. How refreshing. 

The poor Music Slizer's probably feeling pretty disappointed right now...

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I vote Spooky RG. 

My reasoning being that I have no clue who to vote for so I'm just taking a shot in the dark. :P

I'm voting you back because I also don't have a clue but I want to save my hide.

• Upvote 2

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

I vote Spooky RG. 

My reasoning being that I have no clue who to vote for so I'm just taking a shot in the dark. :P

I'm voting you back because I also don't have a clue but I want to save my hide.

Fair enough. :P

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Day 1: Dressed to be Killed

Final Tally:

Spooky RG – 2

Trijhak – 1

Taka Nuvia – 2

Shadow Burnmad – 1

Toa Smoke Monster – 2

ToaD – 1

Shadow FF – 5

The Judge Slizer’s expression was grim as they stepped onto the balcony, looking down at the silent crowd below.  They cleared their throat and said, “As you may already be aware, our Intelligence Officer, City Slizer Not Underscore, was killed last night.  At this court-martial, we will each say the name of one person in this room, and whoever receives the most votes shall be executed for the murder of Not Underscore.”

A panel in the ceiling slid away.  Out poked a mechanical arm with a large disk launcher mounted on it, which rotated a bit to test itself and then fell still…for now.

“To ensure MAFIA Protocol is enforced without bias, the execution shall be carried out by the AI Firing Squad.  You shall begin casting your votes now.”

The task force fidgeted.  One of them called, “Do we have any ideas who it might’ve been?”

The Judge Slizer shook their head.  “No compelling evidence could be found.  You must vote based on intuition.”

The Slizers began to call out various names.  The AI-controlled arm twitched at each vote, but didn’t do anything other than make those below more nervous.   As names began to be thrown out, one Slizer muttered, “I can’t believe the Intelligence Officer went down first night.  When does that happen?”

“No kidding,” said another.  “Redshirt Slizers are supposed to be the first to die.  It’s literally their job!”

The first Slizer nodded.  “You know what?  Let’s fix that.”

They quickly surveyed the group, settling on a Redshirt Slizer who they thought looked a little too calm.

“I vote Shadow FF!”

A few others followed their lead—not many, but enough.  When the last vote was called out, the firing arm rattled for a moment, and then readjusted itself and activated its laser sight.  The thin red beam almost couldn’t be made out against Shadow FF’s uniform.

“Oh,” Shadow FF mumbled, “now I get the reference.”

The disk cleaved straight through them.  The arm retracted back into the ceiling, and the Judge Slizer dismissed everyone and returned to their office.  The walk seemed a little longer today.  Sitting down, they pulled up Shadow FF’s file on their computer, glancing over the information, verifying that they were a Redshirt Slizer, and updating their status as “DECEASED.”

The Judge Slizer leaned back in their chair.  I’d trade a dozen Redshirts to keep my Intelligence Officer.  Getting rid of these Okotans might be more difficult than anticipated…

PING

Sitting up, they discovered an email from the Data Security Admin.  There was no subject.

“JUDGE SLIZER—

We’ve received word and have revoked City Slizer Not Underscore’s security privileges.  For what it’s worth, here are the systems accessed via those privileges last night.”

The list was fairly standard—city planning, (non-classified) weapons development, registry of the Coronet’s Guard, the network the Judge Slizer’s computer was connected to—standard information gathering, plus one taunt.  At the bottom of the list, however, was a department that they found surprising.

“We don’t know how much they were able to learn from each source, but it seems like one of these Okotans is pretty good with computers.  A City Slizer wouldn’t normally be able to access the records of the astral mutation program without applying for special permission—we’re still trying to figure out how they got around it.  You’d better watch your back, Judge Slizer.  The other Coronets have determined that if you fail, they’d rather destroy the Slizer Dome than allow the Okotans to get into their regions.

DATA SLIZER”

The Judge Slizer stared at the screen for several minutes, eyes going back and forth over the words.  “Astral mutation program.”  Eventually, they shut off the computer, stood up, and turned to the window.

I suppose there’s only one question that matters now.  Were they looking into it because they simply remember the words…or do they know what we’ve done since leaving their world?

Shadow FF (Redshirt Slizer), lynched

Night roles have 24 hours to PM their actions!

• Upvote 4

Night 2: Cease Misfire

The Judge Slizer looked through the window into the lab below, where four Science Slizers were hard at work.  Each stood on a different side of a small metal table with a tablet in their hands.  At the center of the table was a glass beaker, in which shone a reddish-white light.  Pleased, the Judge Slizer looked up to see the Skull Slizer approaching.

“They still at it?” the undead Slizer asked, glancing in half-heartedly.

“But of course.  Succeeding in creating you has been a breakthrough in the field of astral mutation—why would our scientists not enter the door you’ve opened up?”

The Skull Slizer crossed two of their arms while the other two shrugged.  “I’m just not sure why you’d need to.  I’m already a flawless killing machine.”

Laughing, the Judge Slizer said, “Rest assured, our area of focus has shifted quite a bit.  We no longer need to alter a soul into a warrior, so now our work has centered more on creating souls from the ground up, as well as structuring them for specific purposes.”  They moved to turn, and then paused.  “Non-violent purposes, in this case.”

“Such as?”

“Well, I can’t go into too much, but what I can tell you is that our main focus right now is ‘Leadership.’  Leaders who cannot be swayed by their bias or past experience, leaders who are totally objective and wholly devoted to protecting their people.  They’re trying to build one right now.”

The light in the beaker turned a deeper shade of red suddenly, and it began to fade away.  The Science Slizers broke out it a panic.  With a smirk, the Skull Slizer said, “Constructed into a leader, huh?  That does sound interesting…”

The Judge Slizer shook themselves loose of the daydream.  They took a quick look around, but didn’t see anyone.  That was unsettling in its own way—this street was normally one of the busiest, so to see it totally deserted just felt off.

There was a blur of motion ahead.  The Blaster Slizer leapt out onto the street and pulled the trigger of their weapon, sending a beam of focused energy lancing towards the Judge Slizer…only to be harmlessly filtered through their armor.

“Oh,” the Blaster Slizer said.  “Sorry, boss, didn’t realize it was you.”

The Judge Slizer sneered.  “…No harm done, I suppose.  But I suggest you pay closer attention, Blaster Slizer: a reckless Artillery Officer is something no military desires.”

The Blaster Slizer shrugged with one arm and went on their way.  Poking at their gun, they said to themselves, “Too bad this thing takes so long to charge.  Next time I gotta be sure to get an Okotan, or heck, even one of those civilians would do.  Don’t want to keep wasting power!”

They paused as they saw someone on the street ahead—ToaD, if they were not mistaken.  The Blaster Slizer slowed their feet, wanting to be cautious in case this was an attack.  They were looking in the wrong direction.

The Flare Slizer soared by overhead, wings glowing red-hot as fireballs spewed out of them and fell over the street.  As soon as they came in contact with the buildings, they began to explode, raining debris both flaming and otherwise down on the helpless occupants of the street.  As they flew, the Flare Slizer cackled, “Hahahahaha!  That felt really good!  Let’s do this again sometime…I guarantee you won’t survive it twice!  Hahahaha!”

They were long gone by the time the emergency crew arrived.  ToaD was able to be pulled from the rubble, but Dragon.star, the Blaster Slizer, didn’t make it.

Toa Smoke Monster stopped to watch the crew work for a moment as he passed.  Upon seeing the dead Blaster Slizer, he shook his head and continued on his way.  “If even the higher-ups are dropping this fast, then what chance to the rest of us Redshirts have?”

He turned a corner and walked a short distance more before something collided with him, pinning him against the wall.  Dazed, it took him a moment to realize it was a large, three-pronged staff of some kind, being wielded by none other than Kulta.

“Keheh…well, I can’t be sure about the others,” the fiend hissed, “but I know exactly how long you’re going to last.”

Kulta drew their sword and plunged it into Toa Smoke Monster’s chest.  The Redshirt Slizer screamed, but his strength rapidly faded away, and soon he saw nothing but darkness.

Suspects in the murder of Dragon.star (Blaster Slizer):

-Spooky RG

-Trijhak

-Taka Nuvia

-ToaTimeLord

Suspects in the murder of Toa Smoke Monster (Redshirt Slizer):

-ToaD

-Hellyam

-Ehksidian

-Koala Kranan

You have 24 hours to vote for both executions.