Carrie Fisher Memorial

The 1st Shadow

As we all know by now (and are deeply disheartened by) Star Wars lost its beloved Princess Leia yesterday. Having been a fan of Star Wars from a young age (pretty much a given for my generation :P ), it hit me pretty hard and I felt it fitting that I build something to commemorate her passing. I look back and realize that I didn't appreciate Leia (or Han, or C-3PO) as a character when I first saw the movies, only later having a better understanding of her awesomeness. 

Sadly, this MOC doesn't do Carrie the justice she deserves, as I didn't have another version of Leia to use as inspiration. All I had was the outfit she wore during Han and Luke's award ceremony at the end of A New Hope, in which Leia stood beside the other leaders of the Rebellion in a grand hall on Yavin IV. So, I used that scene as inspiration, incorporating the stone steps and foliage-entangled stone pillars into this small memorial piece.

Given time, space, and more parts, I may revamp it later on to include more details and a few other characters, though I would rather keep the focus on Leia for this piece.

For now, I'm content to keep this little reminder of our beloved Carrie Fisher. She's one with the Force now.

Hope you enjoy.

thumbnail.jpg

^Image links to Flickr gallery^

Comments? Criticism? Cookies?

Edited by The 1st Santa
  • Upvote 8

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I like the ruined structure behind her. Well done. May she rest in peace, i know she had trouble in her life.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Well done indeed. Great model for a great actress and person. Also, I'm so jelly you have that version of Leia. :3 But I do have two, so I guess I'm one to talk.

• Upvote 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I'd like to point out that if you want this to hit front page, you might want to change the layout of the setup for the text/image/link. Just saying.

Otherwise, this is... Reasonable. I feel like there should be some brick-built background to it instead of a black, blank cloth, and the figure by itself with nothing else nearby is a little lacking.

Well done as usual, Shadowmahn. For a quick little springboard build, as Master Builder Academy put it, I think you have yourself a little something special. It's nice for a MOC with such a minimal footprint, but doesn't become very busy. B+ for "because sentiment".

• Upvote 1

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

I'd like to point out that if you want this to hit front page, you might want to change the layout of the setup for the text/image/link. Just saying.

Otherwise, this is... Reasonable. I feel like there should be some brick-built background to it instead of a black, blank cloth, and the figure by itself with nothing else nearby is a little lacking.

Got any suggestions for how to do that? Like with the MOC, I was going for "brief and reasonable," rather than "massive and showy."

And, as I stated in the first post, I was going for a scaled-down version of the end scene for A New Hope, in which she wore this outfit. To add other characters or more details would have detracted from the point of the thing.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~