Lego Finally Did It!

ToaTImeLord

To my fellow MOCers out there. We all have wished Lego would produce a forth metallic color.

The ones we have are

Pearl Gold

Pearl Silver

Gunmetal

Untell now the one metal tone that been has not been produced in a long time by Lego is copper.

The only set to have it printed on to my knowledge is Skull Grinder.

Now Lego has produced parts in the new 2017 Ninjago villain sets in copper! These copper pieces are in the CCBS Blade and Lord of the Rings Villain Blade.

30943785715_ca47e590e2.jpg

What are your thoughts on this Lego change.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Kind of have to agree with pohaturon with this... It looks more orange and doesn't quite look metallic at all. And also they have produced different metallic colors, in the past *Gestures towards various knight's kingdom sets and 01 golden masks* but yeah, as of recent times it does seem like they've certainly clung to only those three colors.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Untell now the one metal tone that has never been produced by Lego is copper.

http://brickset.com/parts/colour-Copper
I guess I should had said "has not been produced in a long time."

Changing OP.

I just got my Lego catalog and it looks metallic. I could be wrong.

Also Lego usually adds some Photoshop light reflection on their metallic and shiny pieces to show "Hey this metal"

Edited by ToaTimeLord

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

The new weapons in the Ninjago sets are definitely some shade of copper. Not necessarily one of the same shades they used back in the day, but a metallic copper color nonetheless.

There have been other parts with copper printing in the past few years, of course—in addition to the aforementioned Skull Grinder chest plate, both Tidus Stormsurfer and the appropriately named Sira Copperbranch from the Lego Elves theme featured copper details on their outfits, and if you looked you could probably find several other examples as well. Still, this is the first we've seen a molded plastic color like this in many years.

While it's nice to be getting weapons in both minifig- and constraction-scale from these Ninjago sets, I do think it's a bit of a bummer that Lego didn't use the opportunity presented by this newly introduced color to finally add a giant copper penny to this year's Batcave. :P

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

^Wouldn't silver or black be more appropriate for a Toa of Iron?

Though, has Lego ever made metallic parts in anything other than the classic coinage metals? In particular, have they ever made parts in bronze or any cool spectral colors(copper and gold both being warm spectral or near spectral colors)?

Also, would I be correct in assuming Gunmetal is a duller metallic gray compared to Silver?

Just so you know, I'm blinad

Though, has Lego ever made metallic parts in anything other than the classic coinage metals? In particular, have they ever made parts in bronze or any cool spectral colors(copper and gold both being warm spectral or near spectral colors)?

Also, would I be correct in assuming Gunmetal is a duller metallic gray compared to Silver?

I think the old "Gold" as in the Avohkii and Iruini masks would, in my opinion be the closest thing to bronze. Though apparently it's classified as "Metallic Sand Yellow"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

In the early to mid naughts there were a LOT of different metallic colors, including several that were used in Bionicle. For instance, the back plates, feet, and faceplates of the original six Rahkshi each used a metallic version of the corresponding Toa Mata color: Metallic Black for Vorahk, Metallic White for Kurahk, Metallic Bright Red for Turahk, Metallic Bright Blue for Guurahk, Metallic Dark Green (classic green) for Lerahk, and Metallic Earth Orange (classic brown) for Panrahk. Hardly any other sets used these six colors. The Krana-Kal and Kraata also used a bunch of different metallic colors like Reddish Gold (sort of like the current Warm Gold color but with less yellow and more orange), Lemon Metallic (a sort of olive or yellowish-green color), Metallic Sand Blue (a grayish blue color), and Metallic Light Grey (a VERY light silver).

A lot of these colors were retired between 2004 and 2006 as LEGO tried to simplify their color palette, which had previously been expanding out of control. Variations on gold, silver, copper, and gunmetal have been the most enduring metallic colors. "Gunmetal" is a nickname for colors like Metallic Dark Grey and Titanium Metallic that look like a very dark silver. The Makuta set from 2003, the Toa Inika Hewkii set from 2006, and the Takanuva set from 2008 all used "gunmetal" (Metallic Dark Grey) parts extensively for their armor. A lot of weapon and armor pieces from Hero Factory and G2 Bionicle are also "gunmetal", though there are not a lot of sets that use it as a main color.

I'm just waiting for Lego to make copper CCBS shells so I can make a steam punk Toa of iron.

That would be pretty awesome!

• Upvote 2