BZPower in 2016

Voltex

It's a little later than last year (by about two weeks) but still, I thought it might be worth doing again.

So, what are your favorite memories from BZPower in 2016?

Mine would be hosting the first season of BZPower's Game of Thrones, as well as writing the fake history tome Lore & Histories.

BZPGOT was a rather experimental game but despite a few minor issues, I think it went very well - and hopefully the sequel will be even better with all the kinks ironed out.

Lore & Histories was a rather unique writing project for me, and has been a rather fun way to explore some world-building (through the helpful lenses of Okoto). Despite being a bit of a drag at time, overall, I've really enjoyed it.

How about all of you?

Edited by Stark
  • Upvote 4

Mine would probably becoming more active in the Mafia games in the Games and Trivia Forum. I've had a lot of fun playing in them. Another game I had a lot of fun playing was BZPGOT. It was cool being able to plan out strategies with other members, as well as seeing how our moves impacted the game. It was probably my highlight of my 2016 BZP year. B-)

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Near the very end I found an edge - a blade of sorts - that helped me move forward to 2017, on BZP and otherwise. Might have been destined; might not have been - but I'm glad I did.

Serein's the best thing that happened to me related to BZPower in the year 2016.

Honestly, seeing you two silly people helped me work up some courage to finally ask Blade, so thanks. <3

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 8

To be honest I had fewer memorable BZP-related experiences in 2016 than I did in the whirlwind of 2015. I suppose my best BZP experience was getting to meet up with other BZPers at BrickFair like usual.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Near the very end I found an edge - a blade of sorts - that helped me move forward to 2017, on BZP and otherwise. Might have been destined; might not have been - but I'm glad I did.

Serein's the best thing that happened to me related to BZPower in the year 2016.

Honestly, seeing you two silly people helped me work up some courage to finally ask Blade, so thanks. <3

<3

Windy's honestly the best thing that happened with me related to BZP in 2016~ <3

• Upvote 9

Hijacking Steal The Mask with TwilightVezon and some other folks to turn your typical one-line quick-fire forum game into a complex almost-RPG with a complicated running narrative that got all kinds of weird, at least temporarily.

My Mask   oh the memories

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Oh, oh, we're doing this? Uh, Tekulo's the swaggiest most yolotron thing to happen.

Besides that, being more active, shuffling around here and there, getting murdered after trying to bull my way through a game of Mafia... I dunno. Hard to pick a highlight, BZP's such a pleasant sort of stability for me.

Edited by Ta-metru_defender
  • Upvote 4

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

Oh man, a year in review. Well TMD gave me a new blog title (Because he's immaculate or something idk). Our friendship/mutual disrespect for one another has been an entertaining shady spot in the harsh desolate desert that is my life. XP

Then there were the other members on this site like Akano being a nerd with his physics lectures, Taka Nuvia keeping us posted with her life at uni, Pahrak being an adorkable fan of Kingdom Hearts among other fantastic bits of humor and some loser who keeps ranting about essays or something.

I also had a fun time posting a lot of goofball stuff on my blog and the occasional serious life updates. I'll have to go through my blog entries over the past year and pick out my favorites.

I also played GOT and somehow survived it. That was hilarious as I did absolutely nothing significant. XD

I also started a fanfic which I still have ideas for, but I've had a lot on my mind this year and that fell to the wayside.

Honestly this past year was filled with memories and I hope the following ones will be just as fruitful.

Edit: quite possibly the most important blog entry of mine from 2016: link, yo

Also good: lol

Also I forgot this somehow, but Brickeens also is awesome and I am very happy for him and hope he's doing well.

Edited by SwagtronYOLO
  • Upvote 8

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

All I ever seemed to do here on BZP this past year was watch the Twitch Tuesday livestreams and the bfa plays videos, and in both cases I'm usually the only one to leave a comment after each new video was done. Sure, it makes me feel a little lonely, but I still remain interested enough to keep watching, while also showing everyone that, at the very least, all these videos are being appreciated by at least one person.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

I think I visited it somewhere in the middle and said hi to the gang in the BZPRPG. That was fun, if only to remind everyone that yes, I yet live. It's always nice to check in and see that the site and the game also still exist and are fountains of creativity. My happiness comes from seeing others being happy on this site, and in the wake of not sticking around to make memories of my own much that is enough. :)

• Upvote 2

Despite the fact I lurk in CoT mostly now, my favorite moment in 2016 here, has to be hanging with some of the best (and craziest) people I have had the privilege to know. One of them, gave me the drive to finally see myself for who really I am.

Still lurking, but loving every second of it, here's to more for 2017!

Alku

• Upvote 5

Joining BZPower highlights 2016 for me.

Without that none of the other stuff would have happened.

From building a planet with Nato and poisioning aliens.

Playing Mafia games.

Shared my first MOC online before.

BZPGOT my not so secret obsession.

I loved that game.

I am now a active part of the Bionicle Community and hope to stay on this website tell it's very last day.

Which I hope is no time soon.

Edited by ToaTimeLord II

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Given that I've been mostly lurking on BZP for the last year, and my only real activity has been in some Mafia games...

However, the highlight of the year was seeing the Lenticular Toa mosaics at BrickFair last summer. I'd been wanting to do something like that ever since I discovered the concept, but it didn't become affordable until we made it a group project. I spent a ton of time designing and planning for these, unsure if I'd ever get a chance to see them in person. But I was able to make it to BrickFair, and got to help put the last few together, and they were totally amazing! Don't know how I'll be able to top those...

:music:

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

However, the highlight of the year was seeing the Lenticular Toa mosaics at BrickFair last summer. I'd been wanting to do something like that ever since I discovered the concept, but it didn't become affordable until we made it a group project. I spent a ton of time designing and planning for these, unsure if I'd ever get a chance to see them in person. But I was able to make it to BrickFair, and got to help put the last few together, and they were totally amazing! Don't know how I'll be able to top those...

I'd say the lenticular mosaic project was a highlight for many of us...but I guess those of us involved aren't the ones most active on the forums.