My Bionicle story

Takutanuva1987

So I have been a collector of Bionicle figures since 2001. I remember getting the first Onua figure when I was a kid and loved the figures all the way up until the final set last year. With collecting them though I started creating my own story to go with my own creations. This started as just a kids idea but over the years has grown into something I am quite proud of. Ive written most of it down and have decided to finally post it and get reaction from the Bionicle community. Much of it is similar to the original story but I change quite a bit over the course of my story and add characters that never existed. I am going to post the first "Episode" here and would appreciated some feedback/critiques on it. I appreciate it all.

Beginnings: Part 1

It happened in a flash. A ball of fire hurtling out of the sky. A huge explosion rattling the ground as the fireball hit the earth and hundreds of screams echoing through the forest. But this was no fireball. This was a ship, a skyship over a thousand feet long that had fallen from the sky and crashed into the ground. The screams echoing through the forest are from the hundreds of occupants of the ship who were jettisoned right before it exploded. The screams aren’t the normal ones you would hear from the survivors of a crash though. Instead of “Where is my family?” and “How did this happen?” it is “Where are we?” and “Who am I?” for the entire manifest of passengers has lost their memory. They have no idea who they are, where they are, or how they got there, and that is scarier than any crash could ever be.

As the group of survivors rush away from the burning wreckage of their fallen ship a voice is heard out of the ocean of yelling. “Everyone listen! Come this way! We must stick together!” It is coming from one of the passengers. He doesn’t know why he felt as though he needed to lead them, it was just an inner urge he had, but he must try and make sure not to lose anyone in the dark forest that surrounds them now. He doesn’t look like the others either. He has more of a weathered and wise look to him, but his voice carries far and the ones near him follow. Soon the entire mass of people are following him away from the crash and into a nearby clearing. As they walk he is joined by another who looks similar to him, weathered and with an air of wisdom, but a different color. In fact he has noticed that everyone seems to be colored a total of six different ways.

As they reach the clearing the crowd begins again with pleas for answers. They expect this one who led them away from the dangers of the crash to know something they don’t. Unfortunately, he does not. Like everyone else in the clearing he has no idea who they are or where they are. He cannot even recall his own name. “I know you wish for answers!” He says to the confused and worried crowd. “But I have none. I just feel as though we are safer together then apart in this forest we know nothing about!” The crowd becomes more restless and the question of who they are becomes more prevalent. “We know not who we are!” The other one who looks similar to him says. “But we do know we all came from that ship!” He points to the wreckage. “That much is certain. Now we need to find shelter until morning then we can try to sort everything out!” This other one like him is a born leader too.

As the crowd begins to calm down and attempt to create shelter and some sort of comfort out in this forest the one who led them out of the forest looks around at everyone there. The differences he noticed about them become more prevalent in the light of fire. They are colored six different ways black, blue, white, brown, green, and red. He is red and the other one who helped him calm the crowd is colored brown. Without a name to call himself he just decides to refer to himself as Red for now. Red walks over to Brown and thanks him for helping calm down the crowd. “Don’t mention it, it was no problem. I just felt like I should, ya know?” Brown says. “I do know.” Red responds. “That’s why I led us over here. I felt an inner urge to keep everyone together.” He says. “I feel the same way. Safer together than out there alone.” Brown responds.

The next morning four others similar to Red and Brown come over to them. White, Blue, Green, and Black they decide to call themselves for the time being. They have each been talking to others of their color and they all feel like they were on that ship for a reason, but no one can remember why. “We need to find a better place to protect ourselves.” Black says. “Yes, and we need to try and find out who we are soon and where we are.” White adds in. “Agreed, but where do we start?” Asks Green. “Maybe we should head there.” Blue suggests as she points towards an enormous mountain to the northeast of them. “No…I think we should head west.” Red suggests. “Why?” Asks Brown. “I am not sure.” Red starts. “But I feel as though what we need most now is answers and I have a feeling they are towards the west.” The others don’t argue with Red and they all agree to head west, hoping that will lead them to some answers.

As they walk through the forest the six leaders get a chance to talk to one another. They too have all noticed the color differences in them. They all have personality differences as well. The black members seem to be much larger and stronger than the others there while the brown ones are faster and the green ones seem to know their way around the forest better than any of the others. “Yeah, I and the others of my color can see in the pitch-black darkness too.” Black tells the others. “Strange.” White says. “We each seem to be adapted to different things.” White and the others of her color have impeccable memories, able to remember every step they have taken. Which increases their curiosity of how they all lost their memories and ended up on that ship. A rustle in a nearby tree startles them though and they all stop, trying to see what it could have been.

All of a sudden, a huge lizard-like creature eight feet long, twice that of even the tallest among them, jumps out of the trees and roars so loud is echoes through the entire forest. Its massive razor-like teeth are bared and the six leaders and the crowd of hundreds behind them know not what to do here. In a flash the creature is gone. It jumps into the trees and disappears without a trace. The leaders are dumbfounded. How could a creature that big…just vanish? Then it appears again in front of them out of thin air. “It can camouflage itself!” Blue yells to the others. “Watch the ground!” and just like that the creature is gone. Except this time then don’t just hear the footsteps or growls of one, but what seems like five or ten. “Huddle together and watch the ground! It can’t hide its tracks!” Green cries to the others there.

For a moment, everything becomes calm. The growls stop and one of the red survivors breathes a sigh of relief, but then it is lost. Seven of the large reptilian creatures uncloak and jump at the mass huddle of survivors. The green ones try to hold the creatures back with the spears they fashioned themselves the previous night, but it is not enough. The spears are shattered into splinters as one creature grabs a blue survivor by the arm and attempts to drag it off. Three of the black survivors pick up rocks and hurl them at the lizard with incredible strength and accuracy and the beast lets go, running back into the forest with a bruised eye. As the blue survivor falls the mask that was on his face falls off and he slumps over unconscious. The three black survivors that helped him, pick him and the mask up and pull him back into the huddle.

As the green survivors use their spears and the black ones hurtle rocks at the creatures the unconscious blue member is brought over to the leaders. “We can’t wake him up!” One of the black ones that helped rescue him says. “Let me see him.” Blue asks and they lay him down in front of her. As if by instinct she picks up the mask, examines it, and then places it back on to the unconscious survivor’s face. In an instant his eyes open and he sits up, groggy, but ok. The rest of the leaders yell to the survivors not to let their masks fall off and to work as a team to fend off the creatures. At once the other colored survivors start picking up anything they can and begin pelting it at their reptilian attackers. As the last of the lizard creatures hisses at them and runs off into the forest everyone calms down a bit, but still ready to pummel another creature should it attack them as they hear a louder roar in the forest.

“We have got to get out of this forest.” Black exclaims to the others. “Agreed, but I truly believe what we seek is just a bit further this way.” Red responds. The other leaders are more skeptical now of Red’s hunch to go west, but with no better alternative they continue on, a bit more cautious now than they were before. As they continue on they end up coming to a large clearing of which a large river passes by. Over this river is a large metal bridge and on the other side of this bridge lay the largest gateway any of them has ever seen, even though they don’t remember seeing any other. That is not what stops them though. For behind this gateway is a massive city with metal spires that travel hundreds of feet into the air. A twenty-foot wall surrounds the city and Red and the other leaders feel as though this is what they have been searching for all along.

As they head towards the city and cross the bridge a question comes into all of their minds. “How are they going to get through that gate?” Red and the other leaders walk up to it and instinctively, as if guided by an unknown hand, they all touch the gate. At once light begins to appear from under their hands. Red, green, blue, black, white, and brown lights travel over the gates surface to a point in the middle. They circle around for a moment and then they all hear a voice. “Welcome home.” The voice startles them. Red looks around and sees no one. “Who are you?” He asks. “I am Archive.” The voice begins. “I am the computer program that runs the city of Æthon.” “Do you know who we are?” White asks. “Yes. You are the Matoran. The chosen people of Mata nui.” Matoran? They are called the Matoran! “Please come inside.” Archive beckons as the gates open. “There is much to tell you.”

“They survived!?” A dark voice says as its rage echoes through a darkened hallway. “No matter.” The shadowy figure says as he walks into a cavern. “My new minions will make short work of them soon enough.” As the figure stops talking clicking and screeching is heard as a thousand red eyes open, awakened from their slumber.

• Upvote 1