Mata Nui is a Giant Robot - A fan theory posted here in '07

Back around 2007, someone on the old now-deleted boards posted a fan-theory here: that Mata Nui is a Giant Robot, and the Matoran and the other Bio-Mechanicals lived inside him. The member posted detailed descriptions of his evidence, complete with large images and visual aids, such as the fact that the two sun-holes looked like eyes if I'm not mistaken. The original poster even got an award for their theories from one of the Admins or Mods for how plausible and well-thought out the theory was. And a year or two later, it turned out to be true; the theorizer was completely correct in his assertions. I'd like to see that topic again, but the old boards were removed years ago. I think it should be preserved for its historical significance to S&T. So I ask you all: if anyone saved a copy or at least part of the post, or if someone has the means to dig it up from the old boards if they still exist, or even if anyone just remembers the topic, could they come forward to share their knowledge of the matter?

• Upvote 5

Come see my story-corrected Tahu And Takanuva MoCs

Huh, was it really 07? I thought it was 08 but it might be that it just took til then for me to see it. Never been much of an S&T dude. 

fake edit: I'm able to find a few wrong theories well into 2008, but unfortunately WayBack's coverage of the S&T forum index cuts off at the end of June and doesn't pick up again until December, after the reveal. So either not everyone was taking the theory seriously (maybe that's possible, I remember it being really groundbreaking though), or it got posted in that time period without coverage and got buried by 2009 theories by December.

Also, that video mentioned in the big red notice in the second link is this one that kind of threw the whole game, and I feel like I remember that coming out before the theory was posted. idk

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

The theory was posted two times, with the second one clarifying some of the points of the original. As it happens, I've got both of them archived as word documents.

Theory 1

Theory 2

I believe the first one was posted in 2007, while the second one was in early 2008.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva
  • Upvote 12

fake edit: I'm able to find a few wrong theories well into 2008, but unfortunately WayBack's coverage of the S&T forum index cuts off at the end of June and doesn't pick up again until December, after the reveal.

Does the loss of posts/content due to the 'dataclysm' account for that?

Maybe. I don't remember what time period exactly the dataclysm covered but I guess it would mean Wayback would have had significantly less time to archive certain topics.

Actual edit: Thanks to the link in Toatapio's doc I could pull up this!  So yeah, 2007. I guess the big thing I was thinking of was the second version.

Edited by Pereki

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I remember reading this, and actually dismissing it at the time! Ha! I was so surprised when it was revealed as being true later. :lol:

I am glad that someone was able to save it, good job on that Toatapio Nuva.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

If I recall, the topic was called "MN=MU?" It was pretty amazing someone was able to figure it out before the reveal. I'm glad we have the old topics' text, for their value to the fanbase. I remember being unsure of the theory myself when it was fist released.

• Upvote 3

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The theory was posted two times, with the second one clarifying some of the points of the original. As it happens, I've got both of them archived as word documents.

Theory 1

Theory 2

I believe the first one was posted in 2007, while the second one was in early 2008.

Wow!  I am amazed that someone connected all of the dots before the reveal.  Thanks for archiving the theories, Toatapio Nuva. :)  I enjoyed reading through how accurate they were. :biorules:

• Upvote 2

~Daler