Star Wars

Wiriamu

Well, as there's no dedicated forum or topic for Lego Star Wars that I've seen, figured I'd start one.

First off, I want to talk Buildable Figures-as a long time fan of Bionicle and a casual fan of Hero Factory, I like CCBS and the fact that Star Wars has been making use of it. My only real complaint is that they haven't made as much of it as it seems like they could: it's been around since 2015 and so far we've only seen eighteen sets released with another six-including Stormtrooper Commander and Scout Trooper with Speeder Bike-teased on Brickset. I think the likes of Mace Windu, Darth Maul, Leia, the Emperor, Cassian Andor, Orson Krennic, Han Solo, Boba Fett, Qui-Gon Jinn, Count Dooku, Chewbacca, Bossk, Anakin Skywalker, Asajj Ventress, Bodhi Rook, Saw Gerrera, and of course the myriad characters of Star Wars Rebels. Of course Star Wars has always been big on merchandising, so they have a wide array of characters from which to choose.

On the subject of Rebels, they could definitely make more sets from it than they have, with cool unique characters like the Seventh Sister, the Bendu (as a big fig or something more unusual), and various droids. I particularly like the idea of additional Mandalorian minifigures.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

This might seem like a mini-rant about continuity, but it's relevant to the topic, I promise: So what I hate most about the current canon is that the people in charge were weak willed. I personally liked the old canon (now legends) but I also saw that it was an absolute mess and was in dire need of cleaning up. While using the cosmic eraser to undo everything wasn't the best choice in my opinion, it did work, and we got a clean canon of "just the movies, clone wars, rebels and anything new". But then they were like "Oh, actually Thrawn is canon too". Now, I like Thrawn, but are they just going to plug bits of Legends back into the canon each time some mook gets a petition going? My biggest problem right now is the question mark floating over Star Wars: The Old Republic. The MMO is still live and officially licensed, so if it is canon, that makes KotOR and KotOR 2 canon as well - now, this is something I'd like because....

I really want to see a full wave of KotOR Star Wars buildable figures. The way I see it, so far every wave had at least one Trooper set, be it clone, storm, death, shore or something else. If we keep the "one trooper per wave" rule, we could get a Sith Trooper from the game, which in my opinion is the coolest looking version of the "faceless footsoldier with white/black armor" there is. Revan, with Revan's signature robes would be an obvious addition as well, HK-47 would be absolute awesome and maybe throw in either Jolee or Bao Dur as a fourth. 

Another thing I would like to see is the introduction of small sets to the Star Wars CCBS sub-theme. The obvious choices would be droids and a Jawa. It would be interesting to see how a small-scale CCBS/Technic R2-D2, Pit-Droid and T3-4M would turn out. 

Basically, Lego Star Wars KotOR in any shape and form would be welcome.

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I hear you on the smaller sets, Pohaturon. Droids, Yoda, Maz Kanata, Even Piell, the Ewoks; there's a wealth of smaller characters that could be created as sets. KotOR and TOR do have plenty of potential for buildable figures-I'm not the hugest fan of either, but I know plenty of people would like them. A few other "Legends" characters wouldn't go amiss either; I miss Clone Wars Durge. There really is a whole slew of characters that they could be including in this, and it's kind of sad that we're just not getting to eighteen when the theme's been around a couple years, in which time Bionicle G2 was able to churn out some thirty-seven sets of various sizes.

Thrawn would definitely be a welcome addition, as would Rebels Ahsoka, the Inquisitors, various Clone Officers/variants like Captain Rex, and more humanoid droids.

• Upvote 1

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Personally I'd love to see any wave of buildable figures that were based on legacy characters instead of just on the latest movie. In particular, I think there's a lot of potential for sets like a co-pack of C-3PO and a Technic-based R2-D2, or characters like Yoda or Palpatine (who themselves would probably work better as a co-pack due to Yoda's small size). Mace Windu would also be a cool choice due to his lightsaber color and the universal appeal of a constraction-based Samuel L. Jackson head, even if his attire is fairly traditional Jedi robes. And Chewbacca could potentially be a great buildable figure, though he would have to be huge to be in-scale with other characters and his furry texture would present a challenge. More droids would also be cool due to their potential for non-traditional builds or armor styles—battle droids, super battle droids, and droidekas could all be neat in CCBS.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Personally I'd love to see any wave of buildable figures that were based on legacy characters instead of just on the latest movie. In particular, I think there's a lot of potential for sets like a co-pack of C-3PO and a Technic-based R2-D2, or characters like Yoda or Palpatine (who themselves would probably work better as a co-pack due to Yoda's small size). Mace Windu would also be a cool choice due to his lightsaber color and the universal appeal of a constraction-based Samuel L. Jackson head, even if his attire is fairly traditional Jedi robes. And Chewbacca could potentially be a great buildable figure, though he would have to be huge to be in-scale with other characters and his furry texture would present a challenge. More droids would also be cool due to their potential for non-traditional builds or armor styles—battle droids, super battle droids, and droidekas could all be neat in CCBS.

Definitely agree with you on these guys. It'd be nice to get some more nonhuman characters like Ackbar, Bistan, Pao, and Raddus as well.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

There were a bunch of those Rebels figs out in sets, but they were mostly expensive. And Sabine didn't look great.

There is also that Revan polybag with, uh, Revan. So there's that.

At this point I'm not sure what I want going forwards; but I am really looking forward to the new A- and Y-Wing in the March lineup.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

There were a bunch of those Rebels figs out in sets, but they were mostly expensive. And Sabine didn't look great.

There is also that Revan polybag with, uh, Revan. So there's that.

At this point I'm not sure what I want going forwards; but I am really looking forward to the new A- and Y-Wing in the March lineup.

Yeah, a lot of the Rebels sets are depressingly expensive; CCBS versions of Rebels and Legends characters probably would be too, but at least it would be cool to see them developed.

Among the various Rebels sets I would love to see developed would be the Nightbrother, Maul's Mandalorian Gauntlet Fighter; we previously had a Pre Vizsla version but seeing it in Maul's colors would be pretty cool. I think it would also be a great opportunity to introduce a Rebels Maul minifigure along with season 3 Ezra and maybe even Sabine with the Darksaber. It would also be an ideal set for featuring either a Lego version of the Bendu-if you wanted to recreate scenes from the episode "Visions and Voices"-or a Rebels version of Obi-Wan Kenobi, if you want to recreate the anticipated return of Maul to Tatooine. Failing that, maybe do a Battle of Malachor set so that we can get Maul, the Eighth Brother and maybe even the Seventh Sister, though I also wouldn't mind her showing up in a Lothal Jedi Temple set with Jedi Temple Guard minifigures, including a Grand Inquisitor variant.

Really, there are all sorts of sets they could do for Rebels if they set their mind to it: the Broken Horn, Merchant One, a Hammerhead Corvette, an Imperial Carrier, Cham Syndulla's ship; plenty of opportunities to introduce new ships and new minifigures to the line, like Vizago, his droids, Azmorigan, his men, Hondo, his Ugnaughts, Rebels Lando, W1-LE, Rebels Leia, Ryder Azadi and the Lothal Rebels, the Twi'lek Rebels...the list goes on and on. What would be really nice is if we could get minifigures of all the cool and unique Mandalorian designs the show has introduced and will be introducing; get some color thrown in with those lame Death Watch Figures and "Mandalorian Super Commandos."

Edited by Wiriamu

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

There certainly isn't a lack of material from Rebels to make into sets – look at all the mileage we got from Clone Wars. I suppose I just want more from the show – and decent 'figs (again: see Zeb and Sabine).

This guy over on YouTube has some pretty cool ideas, though he hasn't done Rebels or Legends yet so far as I've seen.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

Durge.

That literal blob of muscle is screaming to become a figure.

I know right? One of the saddest things for me about the "new" Clone Wars was that Durge was cut out; all the comic and game exclusive villains I can live without, but Durge was awesome.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

Here's something else that will never happen thanks to the purge of the old canon *shakes fist*

The Force Unleashed buildable figures. Once you go beyond the obvious ones (Starkiller in default outfit, Kota, Proxy) the many enemies offer a tonne of material to work with. The Imperial Jump Trooper, Evo Trooper, Purge Trooper, the dark Felucian warrior or shaman, Rodian Heavy Gunner, Shadow Guard, and the multiple costumes available to Starkiller, such as the two ending outfits, the Jedi Adventurer Robe, the Sith Stalker Armor, Sith Warrior robes (I think it was called), and so on. Kazdan Paratus would be an awesome addition as well, if only for the unique shape the figure would have.

It's a shame that the Rogue Shadow was the only thing from the game to get a Lego set. So many unique vehicles in it too, as well as several interesting set pieces that would have made great playsets. 

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

I dunno. I disagree about TFU being a great source for Buildable Figures. Some of the designs are cool, sure, but why TFU over other characters from any of the movies? 

I'm kind of on the same page with you-not a huge fan of TFU myself-but I do know that a lot of fans love the series and want to see more of it, as they do with KotOR.

Just from the way things have been going and the reveal of two of the upcoming Buildable figures, I would say the next wave is probably going to be original trilogy based. It's fitting, considering that we haven't yet gotten Buildable figures for Han, Leia, or Chewie; the real question is whether we'll get a third villain to accompany the Stormtrooper Commander and Scout Trooper with Speeder Bike, or if they'll do like the Rogue One set of six and include another hero, most likely either C-3PO or Lando Calrissian. If they go with a villain, I would say it'll most likely be the Emperor, Boba Fett, or maybe Grand Moff Tarkin-I think those ones would be priority releases over the likes of Dengar, Bossk, or IG-88. The following wave-if they continue-will most likely be The Last Jedi inspired given it's release at the end of the year: I'm thinking we could see Old Luke, Jedi Rey, and probably some Knights of Ren.

If they ever get around to doing some other Star Wars properties, I think-as I've said multiple times over-that Rebels would be a fertile source for characters. I figure the first wave could either be the Ghost Crew-maybe with Chopper included with Hera-with Rebels Ahsoka while the second wave could be the villains, unless they split it up like they did with the first wave of Buildables so that you can buy heroes and villains at the same time. If that's the case, I'd say a good even split would be the set pairs of Kanan vs. the Grand Inquisitor, Zeb vs. Kallus, Hera (and Chopper?) vs. Grand Admiral Thrawn, Ahsoka vs. the Seventh Sister, Ezra vs. the Fifth Brother, and Sabine (Darksaber included) vs. Gar Saxon. If they were to do more than two waves you could introduce variants of the Rebels crew and Maul, but Maul also seems like a good candidate if they do a wave of Prequel or Prequel+Original Trilogy inspired sets. Were such to be the case, you could have Maul vs. Qui-Gon, Dooku vs. Mace Windu, and maybe Captain Rex vs. Pre Vizsla or something like that (though I would love to see Plo Koon vs. Savage Opress; it never actually happened, but I like both their designs).

Of course, the six Rogue One sets do still leave us without a complete movie lineup; at the very least I'd say Cassian, Bodhi, and Krennic should get figures, though I wouldn't say no to the addition of Admiral Raddus, Saw Gerrera, and an Imperial Tank Commander (see below link; don't know how to work setting up a link with different visual text on here). Blue Leader, Pao (and Bistan?), and even Tarkin could be further additions for Rogue One Buildables, though I do agree with Pohaturon that a few smaller scale (i.e. Bionicle Protector) sets wouldn't hurt.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/imperial-combat-assault-tank-commander .

Edited by Wiriamu

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

I dunno. I disagree about TFU being a great source for Buildable Figures. Some of the designs are cool, sure, but why TFU over other characters from any of the movies? 

Same reason as KotOR. I prefer both TFU and KotOR over the movies.

I mean, I prefer video games over movies in general too. But in this case it's more about the designs. Both game franchises were ostensibly star wars in their character/armor design, but were unique enough to have their own feel with which I connected better than anything the movies could bring to the table. I could add further characters to the previous line-up: Sith Acolyte, Riot Control Storm Trooper, Experimental Jedi Armor...

Somehow the designs shown in the games just feel much more inspired and interesting. I mean, I'd take a Darth Malak over a Darth Maul any day, or Starkiller over an Anakin...

In fact, I'll come right out and say it: I really like the Star Wars fictional universe, and much that is related to it, but think the movies are passably weak at their best and outright turd at their worst. Most games set in the universe are vastly superior to the films in pretty much every department, from story, through music all the way to design. Lynch me.

A character like Grand Moff Tarken makes no real sense as a Buildable Figure. I think with these there's a focus on the action-y characters who do stuff. The Rebels stuff makes more sense for the most part, and honestly the Rebels do need more love across the board.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, the movies can be fairly weak at times; after A New Hope and the Empire Strikes Back things started to go downhill, though The Force Awakens and Rogue One are pretty excellent for the most part.

A character like Grand Moff Tarken makes no real sense as a Buildable Figure. I think with these there's a focus on the action-y characters who do stuff. The Rebels stuff makes more sense for the most part, and honestly the Rebels do need more love across the board.

Honestly, the only reason I keep bringing up Tarkin is because I like the idea of an evenly balanced number of hero and villain figures, and the Empire is sadly lacking in villain variety as a rule. Of course, they make up for it by producing all their troop designs, the idea I'm sure being that you can buy multiples. Personally, I'm the type to where I'm not liable to buy more than one of a set, unless I desperately wanted to make a combo model like G2 Shadow Titan Makuta. It'd be nice if we could get some of the Rebels trooper or droid variants, such as the Jumptroopers, Dark Troopers/Sentry Droids, and and Imperial Infiltrators. Some of the Clone Wars droids wouldn't hurt either, and maybe some of the Clone Trooper variants.

http://starwarsrebels.wikia.com/wiki/Jumptrooper

http://starwarsrebels.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Sentry_Droid

http://starwarsrebels.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Infiltrator_Droid

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

I've only ever seen bits and pieces of any of the movies, but having heard the Radio Drama versions of A New Hope and the Empire Strikes back, I can't imagine the movies being anything but disappointing by comparison, and that's not even considering the outdated visuals. The Radio Dramas obviously expanded things(you don't fit a dozen half-hour programs into a movie), but I never got the feeling that there was filler, so I imagine listening to the movies would leave me with a highly abridged feeling.

Then again, in general, Movies are probably one of the most limiting of visual mediums.

Just so you know, I'm blinad

Prequel/Clone Wars characters I'd like to see: battle droids, super battle droids, droidekas, Count Dooku, Yoda, Ahsoka Tano, Padme, Mace Windu

Rebels characters I'd like to see: Sabine Wren, Chopper, ummm… not sure who else; I've never actually seen Rebels.

Rogue One characters I'd like to see: Saw Guerrera, Orson Krennic

Original trilogy characters I'd like to see: Boba Fett, Tusken Raider, Han Solo, Princess Leia, Lando Calrissian, C-3PO, R2-D2

In general I lean towards droids, female characters, and characters with interesting costumes or color schemes. Bad guys in monochrome trooper-style armor tend to bore me. That said, I understand that an actual wave of sets would probably need a better balance of "good guy" and "bad guy" characters than what I've laid out here. And also that for a lot of people the armored trooper-type bad guy characters tend to be some of the best.

Honestly, I'd be fine with any of these characters getting the constraction treatment:

Original Trilogy:

Boba Fett

IG-88

Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine

Imperial Royal/Shadow Guards

Prequel Trilogy:

Darth Maul (Prequel, Clone Wars, or Rebels)

Shaak Ti

Clone Wars:

Cad Bane

Durge

Asajj Ventress (Sith Apprentice or Bounty Hunter)

Embo

Seripas

C-21 Highsinger

Latts Razzi

Savage Opress

Captain Rex

Pong Krell

Rebels:

Sabine Wren

Hera Syndulla

Garazeb Orrelios

Agent Kallus

Ashoka Tano

The Grand Inquisitor and/or literally any other member of the Inquisitorius

Legends:

Lumiya

Darth Revan

Darth Malak

HK-47

Starkiller (Normal, Clone, or Sith Stalker)

Kazdan Paratus

Maris Brood

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I know it's from the prequel trilogy, but I would very much like to see a Magna Guard or Captain Rex.

Dude, I completely forgot about the Magna Guards; that would make an awesome CCBS set, and Rex would make a fine addition as well.

Rebels characters I'd like to see: Sabine Wren, Chopper, ummm… not sure who else; I've never actually seen Rebels.

Well Aanchir, I highly recommend it to you; it's one of my favorite pieces of Star Wars mythos, though I know it's not a favorite of everyone by a long shot.

Hope you don't mind, Timageness, but I'm going to use your list as a starting point to kind of put together a compilation of what everybody's been saying.

Original Trilogy:

Boba Fett

IG-88

Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine

Imperial Royal/Shadow Guards

R2-D2 and C-3PO

Jawa

Tusken Raider

Princess Leia

Han Solo

Chewbacca

Lando Calrissian

Yoda

Ackbar

Snowtrooper

Prequel Trilogy:

Darth Maul (Prequel, Clone Wars, or Rebels)

Shaak Ti

Qui-Gon Jinn

Mace Windu

Count Dooku

Kit Fisto

Battle Droid

Super Battle Droid

Magna Guard

Droideka

Plo Koon

Padme (preferably in Episode I resistance fighter gear)

Sequel Trilogy:

Old Han Solo

Sidon Ithano

Old Luke

Snoke? (seems like he'd be a pretty plain figure, if huge)

Bala Tiik

Maz Kanata

Clone Wars:

Cad Bane

Asajj Ventress (Sith Apprentice or Bounty Hunter)

Embo

Seripas

C-21 Highsinger

Latts Razzi

Savage Opress

Captain Rex

Pong Krell

Commando Droid

Fenn Rau

Bo-Katan

Rebels:

Sabine Wren

Hera Syndulla

Garazeb Orrelios

Agent Kallus

Ahsoka Tano

The Grand Inquisitor

Fifth Brother

Seventh Sister

Eighth Brother

Grand Admiral Thrawn

Chopper

AP-5

Ezra Bridger

Kanan Jarrus

Garazeb Orrelios

Imperial Infiltrator/EXD-9

Imperial Sentry/Dark Troopers

Fenn Rau

Gar Saxon

Mandalorian Super Commando

Rogue One:

Cassian Andor

Orson Krennic

Rook Bodhi

Imperial Tank Commander

Saw Gerrera

Imperial Ground Crew (don't think this one's been brought up, but I think it'd be cool)

Pao

Bistan

Admiral Raddus

Blue Leader

Legends:

Lumiya

Darth Revan

Darth Malak

HK-47

Starkiller (Normal, Clone, or Sith Stalker)

Kazdan Paratus

Maris Brood

Durge (alas, I think Durge is best classified as a Legends character now)

Sith Trooper

Jolee Bindo

Bao Dur

Rahm Koda

Proxy

Imperial Jump Trooper

Evo Trooper

Purge Trooper

Dark Felucian Warrior/shaman

Rodian Heavy Gunner

Kazdan Paratus

Hohass Ekwesh and Voort "Piggy" saBinring

Funny how what was intended as a thread for all Star Wars sets has turned into mostly a CCBS discussion...

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

Boba Fett is about the only particular character I actually want to see made. I don't even like the character, I just want the parts that might come out of him. Aside from that, I hope we see some more colorful characters as well as more female characters to add a bit of diversity to the line up. To build on what Aanchir said about monochromatic figures, I'm sort of tired of muted colors in general. They don't look as nice on my shelf. Also, the chest plate introduced with the Jyn Erso figure has a lot of potential and I'd love to see it in some different colors in future sets.

Can't say I'm surprised the thread is mostly about CCBS. Star Wars is one of Lego's longest running and most popular licenses, so there is already a plethora of minifigs and brick built ships, with some of the most iconic having received multiple incarnations over the years. By comparison, CCBS is still relatively new among Lego's product offerings, and from the way people talk on this forum, has only gotten over it's growing pains and hit its stride in the last year or two.

Anyways, As I have no idea what most of the mentioned characters look like, even if I recognize their part in the story, I have to say my most wanted Star Wars set would be a build your own lightsaber kit sized for CCBS figures.

Just so you know, I'm blinad

Hope you don't mind, Timageness, but I'm going to use your list as a starting point to kind of put together a compilation of what everybody's been saying.

That's fine; I actually had to force myself to shorten it down a bit, or else I would've spent all day on Wookieepedia.

And to be honest, I forgot about the Magna Guards as well. Heck, one could probably just get away with centering a line around the other Separatist Droids in their entirety.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Can't say I'm surprised the thread is mostly about CCBS. Star Wars is one of Lego's longest running and most popular licenses, so there is already a plethora of minifigs and brick built ships, with some of the most iconic having received multiple incarnations over the years. By comparison, CCBS is still relatively new among Lego's product offerings, and from the way people talk on this forum, has only gotten over it's growing pains and hit its stride in the last year or two.

Anyways, As I have no idea what most of the mentioned characters look like, even if I recognize their part in the story, I have to say my most wanted Star Wars set would be a build your own lightsaber kit sized for CCBS figures.

I have to wonder what sort of customization you have in mind for that "build your own lightsaber kit". I could see something like that maybe work for a life-size model (which would allow for plenty of customization of the look or feel of handles), but the scale of normal CCBS figures is much more limiting as far as lightsaber-size weapons are concerned. A typical lightsaber handle is essentially limited to one module thick, so apart from adding a crossguard like Kylo Ren's or something else along those lines, I don't see a huge amount of customization potential.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I've probably already said this at some point somewhere else, but Jabba the Hutt would make a great CCBS figure.  Think of it: a complex web of bones to form his girth, an unconventional head mold, and all the olive green shells you could wish for.

I'd also like to see maybe an Aayla Secura figure.  CCBS bones would be good for her lekku (head-tentacle-things), and her skin could be either dark azure shells (Gali's armor color) or medium azure shells (the lighter variety).

That's fine; I actually had to force myself to shorten it down a bit, or else I would've spent all day on Wookieepedia.

And to be honest, I forgot about the Magna Guards as well. Heck, one could probably just get away with centering a line around the other Separatist Droids in their entirety.

Indeed; the only Clone Wars villain we've really gotten is Grievous, and there are plenty of others we could get from CCBS; Battle, Super Battle, Destroyer, Tactical, Super Tactical, Crab, Magna Guard, Commando-and that's just droids. Yeah, Star Wars does have a voluminous cast from which to draw inspiration; you could probably fill a small book with all the possible characters, whether specific or generic, that you could create. I started a list of characters you could make at one point divided into sets of six, and I think that at one point I got up to around 40 sets of six, including the ones that have been released thus far.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

Basically any sort of character that has bright colors. A'll we've really been getting are neutral colors. Yoda would be great, or any basic droid with color. I think we have enough stormtroopers for now.

I agree, but we are missing the original Stormtrooper from episodes 4-6. It'd be nice to have that one and then maybe move onto different cannon fodder-type enemies or troops. Like battle droids and rebels.

Basically any sort of character that has bright colors. A'll we've really been getting are neutral colors. Yoda would be great, or any basic droid with color. I think we have enough stormtroopers for now.

I agree, but we are missing the original Stormtrooper from episodes 4-6. It'd be nice to have that one and then maybe move onto different cannon fodder-type enemies or troops. Like battle droids and rebels.

Original Stormtrooper, Droids (R2 and 3PO) and I definitely want to see Boba Fett make an appearance, I know he'll be basically identical to the Jango set, but still, I would personally love to own that one.

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Are Dark Troopers still canon? Any of the many variants/phases? If yes, I'd love to see a Dark Trooper, provided they make it different enough from the Death Trooper. 

Original Stormtrooper, Droids (R2 and 3PO) and I definitely want to see Boba Fett make an appearance, I know he'll be basically identical to the Jango set, but still, I would personally love to own that one.

According to Brickset one of the nine Buildable Figures due for release this year-which includes the second half of the Rogue One line-is going to be "Stormtrooper Commander", which I'm guessing is your basic Original Trilogy Stormtrooper with a command pauldron. Ideally the pauldron will be detachable so that you can get turn him/her into a rank and file Stormtrooper. It would be nice to get more of the Battle Droids and some different Rebel Troopers, like the Tantive IV crew, Hoth Troopers, Endor Troopers, or the Phoenix Squadron Troopers from Rebels. Boba does seem like a pretty obligatory addition given his popularity with the fanbase-something which honestly baffles me-and I think he's got enough elements to distinguish him from Jango to make him interesting. Quite frankly, there are a few Mandalorians who would make nice additions to the line...

Are Dark Troopers still canon? Any of the many variants/phases? If yes, I'd love to see a Dark Trooper, provided they make it different enough from the Death Trooper.

Probably not exactly as they appeared in Dark Forces, given that said game featured Legends character Kyle Katarn as the guy who steals the Death Star plans, which has been solidly decanonized in film form. However, the designs of a couple of the phases appear to have inspired a couple droid variants from Rebels:

http://starwarsrebels.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Sentry_Droid

http://starwarsrebels.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Infiltrator_Droid

Not to double post, but we've got the images of the Stormtrooper and Scout Trooper coming out this year:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQpwbAVhXrt/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQpwerVhsP1/

Edited by Makaru

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

Nice!

Should be good for additional parts at the very least.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Not to double post, but we've got the images of the Stormtrooper and Scout Trooper coming out this year:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQpwbAVhXrt/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQpwerVhsP1/

Hey bud, for future reference: use the edit button.

But finally! Stormtroopers!