Star Wars

Wiriamu

Not to double post, but we've got the images of the Stormtrooper and Scout Trooper coming out this year:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQpwbAVhXrt/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQpwerVhsP1/

Hey bud, for future reference: use the edit button.

But finally! Stormtroopers!

I would have, but it seemed like something that qualified for another post; I'll keep that in mind for the future.

So according to our news (see below), the remaining figures for this year will be based on The Last Jedi; looks like we'll have to wait a while for a Han Solo figure. Chewbacca could be a possibility I guess, but it seems more likely that we'll get a new Rey figure and maybe a Knight of Ren or three, if not other new characters; Brickset has unnamed entries for four more figures, so unless it's too early for additional slots I'd say we've got four figures coming based on Last Jedi.

http://bzpower.com/story.php?ID=9199

It'll be interesting to see how this affects the balance of hero-to-villain sets, which thus far I calculate as follows:

Luke=Vader

Obi-Wan=Jango

Cody=Grievous (don't know that they ever fought, but they could have, which is more than could be said for Cody and Jango to the best of my knowledge)

Rey=Kylo Ren

Finn=Phasma

Poe=First Order Stormtrooper

Jyn Erso=Scout Trooper (didn't actually happen, but her figure recalls Endor Leia so it seems to fit)

K-2SO=Stormtrooper Commander

Chirrut=Deathtrooper

Baze=Shoretrooper

Of course, it'd be nice if we could get a few more matchups, such as:

Darth Maul=Qui-Gon Jinn

Snowtrooper?=Leia (again, we're short on Imperial villains)

Grand Inquisitor=Kanan Jarrus

Savage Opress=Plo Koon/Kit Fisto (again, never actually happened)

Fifth Brother=Ezra Bridger

Boba Fett=Han Solo

Battle Droid=Gungan Soldier?

Seventh Sister=Rebels Ahsoka

Orson Krennic=Cassian Andor

Agent Kallus=Zeb Orrelios

Bossk=Chewbacca

Imperial Tank Driver (I know, I've harped on this one a ton)=Saw Gerrera

TIE Pilot/Imperial Ground Crew=Bodhi Rook

Count Dooku=Mace Windu

Dengar=Lando Calrissian (same movie, right?)

Gar Saxon=Sabine Wren

Pre Vizsla=Captain Rex

Malak=Revan

EDIT: Forgot a couple.

The Emperor=Yoda

Thrawn=Hera Syndulla

Dark Trooper/Imperial Sentry Droid=Chopper?

EXD-9=Season 3 Zeb/AP-5?

Rebels Maul=Season 3 Kanan

Eighth Brother=Season 3 Ezra (a little artistic license on my part, admittedly)

IG-88=Bespin Guard?

4-LOM=Hoth Trooper?

Zuckuss=Lobot

We've talked about smaller CCBS sets, ala Yoda or R2-D2, but what do folks think about larger sets for Star Wars? I'm thinking Wampa, Bendu, Rathtar; all those larger scale characters and creatures.

Huh...kinda died off there, didn't it? I suppose we've gone over most of the big character ideas for CCBS, and until we get more info about "The Last Jedi" figures there's not much more to be said about the 2017 line.

Had an idea that I brought up in the official Constraction thread in the News forum, but wanted to see what folks here thought: accessory packs. I figure that since the general consensus seems to be that too many monochrome figures are boring, and that it's unlikely Lego would release more than one figure per character, a reasonable solution would seem to be releasing Kanohi/Krana style packs including alternate head/helmet pieces, armor, and other accessories that could be used to modify the main figures. Among such solutions could be packs for modifying the main Stormtrooper into its various variants, such as Jumptroopers from Rebels, Snowtroopers, and so forth; you could also release a pack that includes Sabine Wren's different armor sets and any accessories that wouldn't be included with a main figure were it to be released.

Speaking of Sabine, got another Rebels set I think would be cool: the Clan Wren Stronghold, a Lego recreation of the building of the same name. You could include a full set of Rebels Mandalorians: Gar Saxon, his Super Commandos, Ursa Wren, Clan Wren Warriors, Fenn Rau, Sabine, and Tristan.

Edited by Makaru

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

Hey dude, double posting, remember?

But accessory packs: maybe? For different variations of  Phase 2 Clone Armor, I suppose? But Scout- and Stormtrooper armor are a little too different, as with AT-AT Pilots and the like.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

Huh...kinda died off there, didn't it? I suppose we've gone over most of the big character ideas for CCBS, and until we get more info about "The Last Jedi" figures there's not much more to be said about the 2017 line.

Had an idea that I brought up in the official Constraction thread in the News forum, but wanted to see what folks here thought: accessory packs. I figure that since the general consensus seems to be that too many monochrome figures are boring, and that it's unlikely Lego would release more than one figure per character, a reasonable solution would seem to be releasing Kanohi/Krana style packs including alternate head/helmet pieces, armor, and other accessories that could be used to modify the main figures. Among such solutions could be packs for modifying the main Stormtrooper into its various variants, such as Jumptroopers from Rebels, Snowtroopers, and so forth; you could also release a pack that includes Sabine Wren's different armor sets and any accessories that wouldn't be included with a main figure were it to be released.

Speaking of Sabine, got another Rebels set I think would be cool: the Clan Wren Stronghold, a Lego recreation of the building of the same name. You could include a full set of Rebels Mandalorians: Gar Saxon, his Super Commandos, Ursa Wren, Clan Wren Warriors, Fenn Rau, Sabine, and Tristan.

Accessory packs are something I often see proposed, but something Lego doesn't often go for. There's a simple reason for that—any accessory pack that is designed specifically to augment a particular set is only going to have appeal to a fraction of the people who bought that particular set. Even the collectible packs in Bionicle were made possible in part due to cost-saving measures (using the existing molds used for other sets, and in the case of the Krana and Kraata, randomizing the shapes of the parts in both sets and accessory packs so that every one of the shape variations could be molded simultaneously on a single mold), and their abandonment in later years suggests that they were not all that successful in the long run.

By contrast, most Star Wars headpieces are both character-specific (i.e. you couldn't necessarily just use recolors of existing parts for many of them) and expensive (being large parts that generally are printed, molded in multiple plastic colors, and/or preassembled). The cost of the Star Wars head molds is offset by their inclusion in larger figure sets—including even the existing ones in smaller accessory packs, let alone exclusive ones, would result in a highly priced set with a pitifully low part count, which would have no appeal except for people who already had the existing figure sets and were still not satisfied with those options alone.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Accessory packs are something I often see proposed, but something Lego doesn't often go for. There's a simple reason for that—any accessory pack that is designed specifically to augment a particular set is only going to have appeal to a fraction of the people who bought that particular set. Even the collectible packs in Bionicle were made possible in part due to cost-saving measures (using the existing molds used for other sets, and in the case of the Krana and Kraata, randomizing the shapes of the parts in both sets and accessory packs so that every one of the shape variations could be molded simultaneously on a single mold), and their abandonment in later years suggests that they were not all that successful in the long run.

By contrast, most Star Wars headpieces are both character-specific (i.e. you couldn't necessarily just use recolors of existing parts for many of them) and expensive (being large parts that generally are printed, molded in multiple plastic colors, and/or preassembled). The cost of the Star Wars head molds is offset by their inclusion in larger figure sets—including even the existing ones in smaller accessory packs, let alone exclusive ones, would result in a highly priced set with a pitifully low part count, which would have no appeal except for people who already had the existing figure sets and were still not satisfied with those options alone.

That's why I think the one it would make sense for would be for Phase II armor, where the biggest difference for a lot of them is the color or accents of the armor. A few different shell pieces and a helmet with a different print and you're good to go.

Hey dude, double posting, remember?

But accessory packs: maybe? For different variations of  Phase 2 Clone Armor, I suppose? But Scout- and Stormtrooper armor are a little too different, as with AT-AT Pilots and the like.

I figured it had been long enough that it wasn't an issue. Yeah, I suppose the accessory packs would only work for fairly close character designs, and if you wanted to do some mix and match style modifications to your figures.

Also, had anyone else thought anything about larger scaled figures?

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Interesting thought. You imagining like a Wampa or Rancor? Or just a largish humanoid like Chewbacca?

It's true that single action figure characters have rarely been priced above Grievous's $35 price point, but then, the average Star Wars buildable figure is bigger than the average Bionicle or Hero Factory buildable figure… so maybe it could sustain higher price points than those for a "premium" figure as well.

• Upvote 2

Interesting thought. You imagining like a Wampa or Rancor? Or just a largish humanoid like Chewbacca?

It's true that single action figure characters have rarely been priced above Grievous's $35 price point, but then, the average Star Wars buildable figure is bigger than the average Bionicle or Hero Factory buildable figure… so maybe it could sustain higher price points than those for a "premium" figure as well.

Imagine a CCBS Gorog on the same scale as the other buildables... well, actually, that would be incredibly impractical.

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

The more I thought about it the more awesome an entire line dedicated to the two KotOR games would be. Imagine a Republic Hammerhead cruiser (like the Endar Spire) on the scale of, say, the Venator or Star Destroyer sets which had limited interiors, a USC Ebon Hawk with a perfect recreation of the ship's interior to minifig scale, a Sith Fighter (pretty simple, did a MOC a few years back), that T-shaped Republic fighter that only ever appears in the first game's final few cutscenes, a playset with the Dantooine council chamber + adjoining training room, a swoop-bike playset with a Taris aesthetic, a Shadowlands playset with some Czerka minifigs, a midi-scale Sith cruiser, a large Ahto City playset as the biggest product of the line, a small section of the Valley of the Dark Lords from Korriban with a Terentatek (brick-built for sure), a "sand people ambush" playset with wicker bins, A section of the Star Forge Temple on the forgotten tropical planet with some Rakata and a Rancor big-fig and finally the Star Forge Control Room where the final battle with Malak Happens. For KotOR 2, a section of the Peragus Mining facility, a Nar Shadda cantina, a section of the Telos Citadel Station, a Basilisk War Droid vehicle with Canderous, a large Onderon Palace playset, a midi-scale Ebon Hawk, a relatively large brick-built T3-4M set (along the lines of that cute robo creator set) and a Trayus Academy playset.

Add to this a line of CCBS figures: Revan, Carth, HK-47, Sith Trooper (in my opinion the best looking iteration of the "footsoldier in white/black armor" archetype) Malak, Kreia, Sion, Bao Dur and Mandalore.

If you ask me, this would be absolutely fantastic. KotOR is my favorite sub-series in Star Wars, and I'm still holding out hope that technically it's still canon due to the continued existence of the Old Republic MMO, or at least that it will be re-canonized. Seriously, I'd let any hard feelings about decanonizing the EU go if just KotOR became canon again - if only to see these sets see the light of day. Alas, this will only remain a dream.

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

Imagine a CCBS Gorog on the same scale as the other buildables... well, actually, that would be incredibly impractical.

Hey, we can dream right? The idea would be more of a larger scale figure, such as a Wampa or the Bendu from Rebels; Chewie honestly seems like he would probably be about the height of Vader or Grievous, if slimmer.

The more I thought about it the more awesome an entire line dedicated to the two KotOR games would be. Imagine a Republic Hammerhead cruiser (like the Endar Spire) on the scale of, say, the Venator or Star Destroyer sets which had limited interiors, a USC Ebon Hawk with a perfect recreation of the ship's interior to minifig scale, a Sith Fighter (pretty simple, did a MOC a few years back), that T-shaped Republic fighter that only ever appears in the first game's final few cutscenes, a playset with the Dantooine council chamber + adjoining training room, a swoop-bike playset with a Taris aesthetic, a Shadowlands playset with some Czerka minifigs, a midi-scale Sith cruiser, a large Ahto City playset as the biggest product of the line, a small section of the Valley of the Dark Lords from Korriban with a Terentatek (brick-built for sure), a "sand people ambush" playset with wicker bins, A section of the Star Forge Temple on the forgotten tropical planet with some Rakata and a Rancor big-fig and finally the Star Forge Control Room where the final battle with Malak Happens. For KotOR 2, a section of the Peragus Mining facility, a Nar Shadda cantina, a section of the Telos Citadel Station, a Basilisk War Droid vehicle with Canderous, a large Onderon Palace playset, a midi-scale Ebon Hawk, a relatively large brick-built T3-4M set (along the lines of that cute robo creator set) and a Trayus Academy playset.

Add to this a line of CCBS figures: Revan, Carth, HK-47, Sith Trooper (in my opinion the best looking iteration of the "footsoldier in white/black armor" archetype) Malak, Kreia, Sion, Bao Dur and Mandalore.

If you ask me, this would be absolutely fantastic. KotOR is my favorite sub-series in Star Wars, and I'm still holding out hope that technically it's still canon due to the continued existence of the Old Republic MMO, or at least that it will be re-canonized. Seriously, I'd let any hard feelings about decanonizing the EU go if just KotOR became canon again - if only to see these sets see the light of day. Alas, this will only remain a dream.

Alas; these do really sound like some great ideas, even to someone like me who's not the biggest KotOR fan.

EDIT: Having seen Through Imperial Eyes, I must add I.S.S. Chimaera to the list of desired Rebels sets; it'd be a great chance to get Thrawn's personal Star Destroyer along with Sentry Droids, Governor Pryce, Colonel Yularen, and Yogar Lyste (though I suppose he'd probably be hard to differentiate from most Imperial officers). Also, The Freemaker Adventures line could use a Blazemaker set; could be a good way to get some nonphysical minifigures like Graballa, Baash and Raam, Wick Cooper, Estoc, or even old Jek-14 and his Droids.

Also, why do we not have THIS yet:

EDIT: Found another one for the list!

Edited by Wiriamu

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

I'm a huge fan of the TIE Defender and have the one LEGO put out some years ago. Would love for them to make a new one.

Yeah, it would be pretty great to get the Rebels variant with Vult Skerris; maybe even pair it up with a Mandalorian Fang Fighter with Bo-Katan (who's supposedly appearing in the season finale, which would probably depict a battle between the two fighter types) and/or Fenn Rau. It really is absurd how many set opportunities Rebels has provided that Lego hasn't taken advantage of yet.

Moroff and Edrio Two-Tubes from Rogue One.  I appreciate a good, unique character design, and those two dudes fit the bill.

I know right; same reason I want Sidon Ithano, and now that I think about it Unkar Plutt wouldn't be a bad option either.

Has anyone else noted that Star Wars CCBS has been released in a rather oddball fashion? I mean, the first set of six was kind of a hodgepodge-four Prequel sets with a couple Original Trilogy ones-followed by six The Force Awakens sets, followed by six Rogue One sets that were/are being released in two separate waves of three. Then we're getting two Original Trilogy sets that may or may not be released at the same time as the second half of the Rogue One lineup, followed by four sets from The Last Jedi. It just seems a tad odd, especially since Lego's previous CCBS history seems to have followed a pattern of releasing a set of six-and possibly others depending on the line-that all go together.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

Humanoid characters are boring. How about a CCBS Jabba the Hutt? Or anything from this list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_Star_Wars_species

...I'll also take Ewoks. That could be adorable.

Jabba-or any Hutt for that matter-seems like a fairly unlikely prospect. Given that the emphasis with these guys does seem to be action, and that Jabba is essentially a slug with arms, I don't really see his as a good CCBS option. I would agree that it would be interesting to get some more outlandish options for builds: crab and spider droids, a Nexu, maybe an Acklay if they're willing to go big. Had a few more ideas for themed sets of CCBS:

The Phantom Menace

• Qui-Gon Jinn
  • Darth Maul
  • Padme Amidala
  • Droideka
  • Gungan Warrior
  • Battle Droid

The Attack of the Clones

• Mace Windu
  • Count Dooku
  • Clone Trooper
  • Super Battle Droid
  • Captain Typho?
  • Zam Wessel
  • Acklay
  • Reek
  • Nexu

The Clone Wars Wave One

• Anakin Skywalker
  • Asajj Ventress (hence putting Anakin here; I'd also want her in either her Clone Wars attire-notice the absence of The-or her bounty hunter gear from late in The Clone Wars)
  • Plo Koon
  • Savage Opress
  • Captain Rex
  • Pre Vizsla

The Clone Wars Wave 2

• Cham Syndulla
  • Commando Droid
  • Adi Gallia?
  • Maul (Clone Wars variant, possibly with spider and battle droid style legs?)
  • Pong Krell/Durge
  • Hondo Ohnaka

Revenge of the Sith

• Saesee Tiin/Shaak Tii
  • Emperor Palpatine and Yoda double pack
  • Kit Fisto
  • Magna Guards
  • Commander Gree/Tarfful
  • Crab Droid
  • Varactyl
  • Grievous Wheel Bike (assuming you could get a vehicle sold by itself)

Rebels Season 1

• Kanan Jarrus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Garazeb Orrelios
  • Agent Kallus
  • Hera and Chopper (double pack)
  • Imperial Combat Driver
  • Fyrnock (Larger set)
  • Cikatro Vizago and IG-Thug (double pack)

Rebels Season 2

• Ezra Bridger
  • Fifth Brother
  • Ahsoka Tahno
  • Seventh Sister
  • Sabine Wren
  • Ketsu Onyo
  • Eighth Brother vs. Jedi Temple Guard (versus pack)

Rebels Season 3

• Ezra Bridger (Season 3)
  • Maul (Rebels variant)
  • Kanan Jarrus (Season 3)
  • Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Sabine Wren (Season 3)
  • Jumptrooper
  • Fenn Rau vs. Gar Saxon (versus pack)
  • Ursa Wren vs. Imperial Super Commando (versus pack)

Rebels Extras

• Saw Gerrera
  • Imperial Sentry/Darktrooper
  • Captain Rex (Older)
  • Kalani
  • AP-5
  • Imperial Infiltrator

Rogue One Wave 1

• Cassian Andor
  • Orson Krennic
  • Admiral Raddus
  • Imperial Tank Commander
  • Pao and Bistan
  • Imperial Ground Crew

Rogue One Wave 2

• Bodhi Rook
  • TIE Pilot
  • General Merrick
  • AT-AT Pilot
  • Galen Erso
  • ?

A New Hope

• Old Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Tusken Raider
  • Han Solo
  • Greedo
  • General Dodonna
  • Death Star Gunner

The Empire Strikes Back

• Chewbacca
  • Bossk
  • Lando Calrissian
  • Boba Fett
  • Hoth Rebel
  • Snowtrooper
  • 4-LOM and Zuckuss (double pack)
  • Wampa (larger set)

The Freemaker Adventures

• Rowan and R0-GR
  • Naare
  • Kordi
  • Dengar
  • Zander
  • M-OC Hunter Droid

Return of the Jedi

• Princess Leia (Endor)
  • Imperial General
  • Admiral Ackbar
  • Imperial Guard
  • B-Wing Pilot
  • ?

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

Given that we don't have a solid chunk of those in sets just yet, I'd rather them in minifig (or brickbuilt) form first.

Agreed-wouldn't it be nice if we could get both at once?

On the subject of minifigs and sets, had a few more ideas. Punishing One would make a great addition to ​Freemaker Adventures; ​I wouldn't necessarily want another Dengar figure, but if we can get Baash, Raam, Graballa and one or two others-like old Jek-it'd be worth it.You could then use the Blazemaker ​set to get Wick Cooper, Durpin and Plumestriker and/or Lieutenant Estoc, and maybe even Becky Smoochenbacher (assuming she's going to be an actual character and not just a name drop). I also think ​Rebels ​could use some Battle Pack love:

• Imperial Academy Escape-featuring Taskmaster Myles Grint, Jai Kell, Zare Leonis, and a third cadet that you could either cast as the disguised Ezra or as Nazhros Oleg.
  • ​Protectors of Concord Dawn-featuring Fenn Rau (maybe even two variants to showcase his pilot and warrior armors) and a couple other of the titular Mandalorians. It'd be nice to get one or more in a Fang Fighter set, but I figure you could probably do Bo-Katan with one of those.
  • Galactic Criminals-​if we can't get full sets of their ships, it'd be nice to have some way of getting Vizago, Azmorigan, and a henchmen or droid for each of them. You could even split this up and do a Vizago and henchmen set including Hondo and a Azmorigan and henchmen set including ​Rebels ​Lando.
  • Clan Wren Warriors-basically a four pack featuring the male and female Clan Wren warrior variants (two apiece) seen in ​Legacy of Mandalore.
  • ​Imperial Droids-​featuring a pair of Imperial Sentry Droids/Dark Troopers and a pair of Imperial Infiltrators, possibly with one in protocol mode and the other in attacker mode. A Tactical Infiltration Pod for the latter would be nice, but I'd rather have the droid than nothing at all.
  • Imperial Super Commandos-​just a four pack of the fully white-armored guys; I have other plans for Gar Saxon.
  • Rebel Spies-featuring various ​Rebels ​in infiltration gear; you could get Stormtrooper Kanan (preferably blind), Scout Trooper Ezra, black and red Chopper, and "Ria Talla", aka Sabine as an Imperial flight academy student.
  • ​Krownest Clash-​if we can't get a full on Clan Wren Stronghold set, perhaps a battle pack featuring the top Mandos? Season 3 Sabine, Ursa, Gar Saxon, and Tristan might be nice, or you could stick Tristan with the other Imperial Comandos to bring some variety and bring in Rau in warrior armor instead.
  • Empire vs. Rebellion-​Governor Pryce and Admiral Konstantine vs. Mon Mothma and Erskin Semaj
  • Clash on Geonosis-​Saw Gerrera vs. at least two Jumptroopers; maybe throw in Klik-Klak or Brunson for good measure.
  • ​Spies and Turncoats-​Maketh Tua, Gall Trayvis, and a couple of his droids.
  • Rebel Troopers-the Rebels ​variant with goggled helmets; if you don't want a four pack maybe do two against a couple of Imperials like Brom Titus and Yogar Lyste, or maybe even stick them with Leia and Bail Organa.
  • Lothal Rebels-​Ryder Azadi, Morad and Marida Sumar, and Old Jho the Ithorian.
  • Struggle on Ryloth-​Cham Syndulla, Numa, and Gobi against a Scout Trooper or Slavin.
...can you tell I'm enthusiastic?

Also, I've decided upon a couple Lego based head canons. Though the set was released almost seven years ago and doesn't quite match up to Rebels ​in appearance, I'm going to say that the TIE Pilot featured in the 2010 TIE Defender set is Vult Skerris. Additionally, the one featured in the TIE Advanced Prototype set-which also includes Imperial Officer/Cumberlayne Aresko-shall forever in my mind be classified as Baron Valen Rudor.

Edited by Wiriamu

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

• 2 weeks later...

Jabba-or any Hutt for that matter-seems like a fairly unlikely prospect.

Were we talking about things that are likely? I thought we were talking about what we'd like to see.

Fair point. Really my thought was more that a Hutt seems a difficult concept for CCBS, given that it's only got two limbs and seems like it would be more shell than anything.

Rebels needs more love, period.

Indeed.

Twin Suns was disappointingly lacking in terms of new set opportunities, minus the ever looming possibility of a Nightbrother set. Honestly though, I'd rather see it in more of a Visions and Voices setting with Maul, Ezra, and Bendu, rather than Obi-Wan since we're getting him in a Luke's Landspeeder set this year. Zero Hour looks like it'll be more promising-of course a Fang Fighter option, though it's yet to be determined whether Bo-Katan will feature, though I wouldn't object to getting Tristan in his Clan Wren armor. We seriously need to write into Lego and figure out what the deal is.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

Indeed.

Twin Suns was disappointingly lacking in terms of new set opportunities, minus the ever looming possibility of a Nightbrother set. Honestly though, I'd rather see it in more of a Visions and Voices setting with Maul, Ezra, and Bendu, rather than Obi-Wan since we're getting him in a Luke's Landspeeder set this year. Zero Hour looks like it'll be more promising-of course a Fang Fighter option, though it's yet to be determined whether Bo-Katan will feature, though I wouldn't object to getting Tristan in his Clan Wren armor. We seriously need to write into Lego and figure out what the deal is.

It's Freemaker Adventures. LEGO's making sets based on their show, and it makes sense because it raises their profile within the Star Wars brand. Since we're getting, what, 3? Freemaker sets this summer, Rebels gets left in the cold.

Indeed.

It's Freemaker Adventures. LEGO's making sets based on their show, and it makes sense because it raises their profile within the Star Wars brand. Since we're getting, what, 3? Freemaker sets this summer, Rebels gets left in the cold.

Just two so far as they've announced. If that is the case it's disappointing, but understandable-one of the frustrations of dealing with a toy company. I just hope that they take advantage of Rebels a bit more-if the recently announced fourth season is the last one, I could easily see them letting it die after that.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally got around to actually watching Episode 7 (yeah, late to the party, haven't seen R1 either yet) and I really really want a UCS Upsilon-class shuttle with wings that actually fold as opposed to the currently available minifig scale version.

PLEASE

So I finally got around to actually watching Episode 7 (yeah, late to the party, haven't seen R1 either yet) and I really really want a UCS Upsilon-class shuttle with wings that actually fold as opposed to the currently available minifig scale version.

PLEASE

You are definitely not the only one who wants that, and honestly it would probably be the best option for UCS set for Force Awakens, as opposed to rehashing the X-Wing or Millennium Falcon.

In other Lego Star Wars news, the trailer for Freemaker Adventures season 2 is out. There's a treat or two for any of my fellow Rebels fans out there:

Edited by Wiriamu

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

PLEASE

It wouldn't at all surprise me if LEGO were to do another minifigure-scale one that did have folding wings. The lack of folding wings on the previous set wasn't due to any sort of technical limitations based on the scale; it was just that the stage of development LEGO based the set on didn't have folding wings, and by the time LEGO learned that the movie makers had added folding wings, it was too late to change the LEGO version.

These sorts of late-stage changes by movie makers are also why the Jyn Erso buildable figure is identified as "Sergeant Jyn Erso", why Heihei in the Moana's Ocean Voyage set has angry eyes instead of the dopey expression he had in the final movie, etc.

• Upvote 1

PLEASE

It wouldn't at all surprise me if LEGO were to do another minifigure-scale one that did have folding wings. The lack of folding wings on the previous set wasn't due to any sort of technical limitations based on the scale; it was just that the stage of development LEGO based the set on didn't have folding wings, and by the time LEGO learned that the movie makers had added folding wings, it was too late to change the LEGO version.

These sorts of late-stage changes by movie makers are also why the Jyn Erso buildable figure is identified as "Sergeant Jyn Erso", why Heihei in the Moana's Ocean Voyage set has angry eyes instead of the dopey expression he had in the final movie, etc.

I'm aware of the cause, and if I am not mistaken, it is also the reason why every toy version of that ship had fixed wings initially, with only post-release and newer products featuring the v-shape

Those changes are also why there are two Occupier tanks: the hover one that we have a LEGO version of, and the wheeled one that's in the movie.

Occupier tank? I don't recall that vehicle.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else had thoughts about Star Wars minfigure set? I like the idea, but there are so many Star Wars characters that could use minifigures that it's hard to nail down sixteen or so. Really, it'd be nice if we could get several lines, but doesn't seem likely to happen.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

Those changes are also why there are two Occupier tanks: the hover one that we have a LEGO version of, and the wheeled one that's in the movie.

Occupier tank? I don't recall that vehicle.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else had thoughts about Star Wars minfigure set? I like the idea, but there are so many Star Wars characters that could use minifigures that it's hard to nail down sixteen or so. Really, it'd be nice if we could get several lines, but doesn't seem likely to happen.

I don't see a Star Wars collectible minifigure series as likely or, for that matter, even necessary. Any Star Wars character who is too obscure to fit into a regular set is probably too obscure to grant much widespread appeal to a CMF series. And while there are plenty of B- or C-list characters who have yet to appear in sets, there's also no real rush to release all of them—unless Star Wars or Lego in general undergoes a steep decline in popularity, the Lego Star Wars theme will presumably keep going strong, meaning that just because a given character isn't available yet doesn't mean there won't be plenty of opportunities to release them in the future.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Well, Star Wars Rebels' final season has been announced, and it's looking like some interesting developments will be occurring. Nothing really new so far as ships by all appearances, but still a few that have yet to be produced as models and some interesting new minifigure opportunities, including the much anticipated Bo-Katan. However, if you're more of the new Star Wars ship set variety, the trailer below might interest you:

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

I want that ship from Battlefront II. I also want X-Wings and U-Wings and TIE/d's. 

If you are referring to the odd cross between a star destroyer and a TIE, then I believe that has appeared in the X-Wing miniatures line previously. 

Semi-Related, I really wish we'd get more midi-scale ships. I really like the midi falcon and SD, but missed out when they were new and getting them now is kinda expensive (I only ever buy sealed sets).

however, there are a handful of ships I'd love to see in midi-scale, since those two looked fun to build and neat display pieces. A midi Imperial Shuttle, Upsilon class Shuttle (I really, really like this ship in case my past few posts didn't make it obvious), Venator, Mon Calamari cruiser....

To add to the main overarching theme of this thread in terms of new set ideas, I had two come to mind during the BZP UCS x-wing livestream. I'd love to see what amounts to Architecture, but star wars. Sets that display iconic Star Wars buildings or skylines, like Jabba's palace, the Yavin temples, Coruscant's skyline, Cloud City, Theed Palace, Geonosis Arena, Kamino "skyline" etc.

Another was small-ish scale technic star wars vehicles. Think sets the size of recent technic sets such as the stunt-bike, ultralight helicopter and the jetski or whatever it was, with a focus on functions. I'm thinking Imperial Shuttle, X-Wing, B-Wing... basically any vehicle that visibly changes shape in some form or other. True, technic isn't the best way to reflect the accurate movie depictions, but I for one love the look and feel of technic sets, and would absolutely adore smaller, more affordable vehicle sets (which don't come with minifig tax, thanks)

I want that ship from Battlefront II. I also want X-Wings and U-Wings and TIE/d's. 

If you are referring to the odd cross between a star destroyer and a TIE, then I believe that has appeared in the X-Wing miniatures line previously. 

Semi-Related, I really wish we'd get more midi-scale ships. I really like the midi falcon and SD, but missed out when they were new and getting them now is kinda expensive (I only ever buy sealed sets).

however, there are a handful of ships I'd love to see in midi-scale, since those two looked fun to build and neat display pieces. A midi Imperial Shuttle, Upsilon class Shuttle (I really, really like this ship in case my past few posts didn't make it obvious), Venator, Mon Calamari cruiser....

To add to the main overarching theme of this thread in terms of new set ideas, I had two come to mind during the BZP UCS x-wing livestream. I'd love to see what amounts to Architecture, but star wars. Sets that display iconic Star Wars buildings or skylines, like Jabba's palace, the Yavin temples, Coruscant's skyline, Cloud City, Theed Palace, Geonosis Arena, Kamino "skyline" etc.

Another was small-ish scale technic star wars vehicles. Think sets the size of recent technic sets such as the stunt-bike, ultralight helicopter and the jetski or whatever it was, with a focus on functions. I'm thinking Imperial Shuttle, X-Wing, B-Wing... basically any vehicle that visibly changes shape in some form or other. True, technic isn't the best way to reflect the accurate movie depictions, but I for one love the look and feel of technic sets, and would absolutely adore smaller, more affordable vehicle sets (which don't come with minifig tax, thanks)

I definitely hear you on the architectural stuff; there's a lot that they could take advantage of in that area, such as the Lothal Jedi and Malachor Sith Temples from Rebels, the Scarif Tower and Vader's Palace from Rogue One, and so on.

Just going off revelations on the movie so far, and assuming that we'll be getting a balanced number of Buildable Figures, I would assume that the four sets teased so far will be Benicio del Toro's character (presumed villain), Rose, Laura Dern's character (presumed villain), and another hero character. The most likely candidates for the fourth would seem to be-in my mind, anyway-Jedi trainee Rey or old Luke, either of which would be a first occurrence of a Star Wars character getting a second CCBS figure. Of course, it would be nice to finally get a Leia figure, but given the CCBS' leaning towards action sets and General Organa's advanced age, seeing her in battle seems a tad less likely.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

You'll notice that those are not made of LEGO. =P

You'll notice that those are not made of LEGO. =P

Pohaturon is correct: that appears to be an Imperial Raider. Looks like a sweet vehicle, and Inferno Squadron is looking like a sweet unit. One of them would be a cool CCBS set, and a slightly more colorful alternative to the standard TIE Pilot. Season 4 Kallus and Rukh would be nice additions as well.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

So I finally watched Rogue One with my wife, and I must say, those Imperial cargo ships would make some mighty fine sets. Add it and the U-Wing to my wishlist of midi-scale ships.

So just to add one more name to the list of Star Wars concepts tragically not yet realized in Lego, I have two words: Republic Commandos.

I know Republic Commando was a pretty big hit, and Lego Star Wars was chugging right along at the time it was released, so it kind of makes it sad that they didn't see fit to release a set. Even sadder, they haven't taken advantage of Commando presence in successive media either.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

So just to add one more name to the list of Star Wars concepts tragically not yet realized in Lego, I have two words: Republic Commandos.

I know Republic Commando was a pretty big hit, and Lego Star Wars was chugging right along at the time it was released, so it kind of makes it sad that they didn't see fit to release a set. Even sadder, they haven't taken advantage of Commando presence in successive media either.

Finally, something I want a Buildable Figure of.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, something I want a Buildable Figure of.

In a word: brilliant.

So here's a little gem I found that makes me wish Lego Ideas were still accepting Star Wars concepts:

http://www.brickfanatics.co.uk/lego-star-wars-may-the-fourth-build-grand-admiral-thrawns-quarters/

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

To give the Republic Commandos fitting opponents, I've come up with a buildable figure suggestion that hasn't yet popped up, unless my memory is cheating me: Magnaguards! 

I'd definitely love to see a CCBS rendition of those guys