Island Xtreme Stunts crashes

evil_jaga_genius

So I found Lego Island Xtreme Stunts at a thrift shop the other day.  It installed without a problem on Windows 10, however, whenever I run it, it's very likely to crash.  For reference, it has crashed on the first cutscene, as soon as the TV reporter starts talking; at the very beginning of the first car-chase minigame (Freeway Frenzy I believe is the name); and after I talked to the sign for another minigame (Motorbike Mayhem, I think).

Is this a common problem, and is there anything I can do to make it crash less?  Thanks.

-Jaga

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

I didn't find anything for Win10 during my quick search, but I did find stuff for Win7. Maybe this fix will work for you?

This is a question posted on Microsoft's website. The answer suggests changing a few settings that I'm too unfamiliar with to elaborate on. Running an emulator for the game is also suggested.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-gaming/problems-running-an-old-game-lego-island-xtreme/98b83538-29d8-46f1-91a6-1ebeb12a3f47